Posted in comedy | music | tour dates on March 12, 2010

SXSW flyer

*Friday, March 19, 2010*
BrooklynVegan Free Day Party Presented by DailyMotion
@ Club DeVille - 900 Red River St, Austin, TX (NOON - 6 PM)
*free and open to the public, no RSVP necessary

Main stage:
12:00 Princeton
12:45 Twin Sister
01:30 Nicole Atkins
02:15 Sondre Lerche
03:00 Holly Miranda
03:45 The Antlers
04:30 Centro-matic
05:15 Lucero

DJs: Passion Pit

Inside stage:
12:30 - Active Child
01:15 - Pearly Gate Music
02:00 - Tig Notaro (comedian)
02:15 - Katie Stelmanis
03:00 - Joe Mande (comedian)
03:15 - Zola Jesus
04:00 - Abe Vigoda
04:45 - MNDR
05:30 - The Wave Pictures

FREE DRINKS COURTESY OF: Magic Hat & Firefly Vodka
(while supplies last)
FREE VEGAN BREAKFAST TACOS FROM: Izzoz Austin
(starting @ noon. while supplies last)
VEGAN BAKE SALE FOR CHARITY BY: VegAustin & Action for Animals
MORE FREE FOOD COURTESY OF: Daily Juice (catering from 2-5)
MORE FREE FOOD COURTESY OF: Raw Revolution Bars
MORE FREE FOOD COURTESY OF: Hail Merry
FREE EAR PLUGS FROM: Ear Peace
+ more TBA

If you've been following along, both on this site and at our @bvSXSW Twitter account, you probably pieced most this lineup together already. And I'm extremely happy to report that this is the final BrooklynVegan party lineup we have left to announce this year. We'll see you on Wednesday at Emo's and Club DeVille, Thursday at Hoek's and Spider House, Saturday at Red 7 and Galaxy Room and on Friday right here at Club Deville from noon-6pm (on TWO stages) (the second stage is inside).

Thanks to DailyMotion for helping make this all possible. They're not only our presenting partner on this party, but we'll be uploading live footage from SXSW all week long to our account at their site. Some of that footage, including from this party will be shot by our official radio partner, KEXP.

Thanks to also to Original Penguin clothing for providing some clothes to giveaway to a few lucky attendees at the show.

Like at Emo's and Red 7, we'll have 10 kegs worth of Magic Hat beer to give out at this show, not to mention lots of Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka to pour. And like at Emo's and Galaxy Room, we'll have free breakfast tacos and then late afternoon free catering by Daily Juice. All of our parties will be stocked with free Raw Revolution bars and Hail Merry Grawnola as well. And as if that's not enough, we're hosting a vegan bake sale for charity, courtesy of the fine folks at VegAustin.com and Action for Animals at this show. All money raised goes to Food for Life, an organization feeding Haitian and Chilean earthquake survivors.

Flyer design by Tammijean Triplett. Videos below...

that flier is racist!

Posted by Anonymous | March 12, 2010 4:21 PM

21+?

Posted by Anonymous | March 12, 2010 4:34 PM

Very generous with the free food and drink! Sounds like more of that Obama socialism to me.

Posted by Newt | March 12, 2010 4:49 PM

FREE MAGIC HAT?!

Posted by Anonymous | March 12, 2010 4:55 PM

^ Yes, exactly my point...socialism. Shiny Happy Vegan Socialism

Posted by Still Newt after all these years | March 12, 2010 4:57 PM

what composes a vegan breakfast?

I'm not being snarky, a jerk, an asshole, or cynical.

I'm just curious.

Posted by Anonymous | March 12, 2010 5:25 PM

Glasses of wheat grass and tofu dogs?

Posted by Anonymous | March 12, 2010 5:49 PM

hahaha!!

Posted by Anonymous | March 12, 2010 6:14 PM

SICK BURN

Posted by Anonymous | March 12, 2010 7:01 PM

free huMEHs? are you recycling anything? what time does daft punk play? in true BV fashion everyone in the crowd will stand arms folded making sarcastic, snarky comments under their breath about how every band sucks and they wish they were somewhere else.

Posted by Anonymous | March 12, 2010 7:26 PM

I'm horny

Posted by Anonymous | March 12, 2010 10:17 PM

Cannot Wait till SXSW is over. It has not even started yet and already it is massive annoying

Posted by Anonymous | March 12, 2010 11:37 PM

this thing sounds amazing. free music, free food, free drinks... too bad im in new york. BV, do you ever do stuff like this in ny? it would be awesome

Posted by Anonymous | March 13, 2010 12:15 AM

is this all-ages?

Posted by Katie | March 13, 2010 1:01 AM

dude, you do too many sxsw parties and you will piss off sxsw like mess with tx and todd p did. watch out!

Posted by Anonymous | March 13, 2010 2:34 AM

nah, there's enough corporate sponsorship to keep sxsw happy.

Posted by Anonymous | March 13, 2010 3:13 AM

BV is doing an official SXSW party too to keep the brass happy, good move! if you did this in NYC, it would turn out like the Vice Halloween party

Posted by Anonymous | March 13, 2010 10:55 AM

m,,,

Posted by Sophie Montpetit | March 15, 2010 8:52 PM

Yeah!

Posted by Sophie | March 16, 2010 6:54 AM

bxsfcngyckfjmb dxxhgv

ffyjyxbbcvfxhf

Posted by Anonymous | March 28, 2010 1:31 PM

This is one of the most useful Internet resources that I have seen. Thanks! ;)

Posted by Software | April 4, 2010 9:23 AM

The videos you posted are great! Thank you for sharing these with us. It's really helpful to see these.

Posted by Cheap Auto Insurance | April 7, 2010 1:13 AM

Posted by secret life of the american teenager | April 8, 2010 3:20 AM

"in true BV fashion everyone in the crowd will stand arms folded making sarcastic, snarky comments under their breath about how every band sucks and they wish they were somewhere else."

I agree this is exactly what will happen.

Posted by Ohio Auto Insurance | April 18, 2010 4:05 AM

10 kegs of magic hat beer and sweet tea vodka, im definitely in on this event. Sure does sound interesting.

Posted by Low-E | April 19, 2010 2:53 PM

The group's final concert together was at Brixton Academy in London on November 20, 1999. During the concert, Malkmus had a pair of handcuffs attatched to his microphone stand, and at one point told that audience, "These symbolize what it's like being in a band all these years. I can't believe he actually said this.

Posted by Poptropica | April 22, 2010 5:22 AM

It was on my birthday, woo hoo!!.. but I missed it :(
-Peter

Posted by Grout Stain | April 26, 2010 11:38 AM

Very interesting. What was the attending like?

Posted by Bluehost review | April 29, 2010 12:48 PM

Posted by Hostgator Coupon | May 6, 2010 3:50 PM

You are one of my favorite NYC blogs. There is not a day that goes by that I do not visit your site. Kudos!

Posted by Emeric of Gift Ideas for Men | May 10, 2010 4:41 AM

Posted by difference between cfd and spread betting | May 13, 2010 9:53 AM

Posted by cfd and spread betting difference | May 13, 2010 9:54 AM

I am wondering how much money was raised. I know there were a lot of celebs that were giving money to the Hati relief as well.

Posted by San Diego Electricians | May 17, 2010 12:57 AM

Posted by jobs in sales | May 22, 2010 9:43 AM

I was on the event on friday with my friends and it was great. There where many people there, so it's good that money to Food for Life and helps others

Posted by Schuhe | May 23, 2010 11:39 AM

Nice
Thanx :D

Posted by egypt archaeologists | May 23, 2010 11:48 PM

what composes a vegan breakfast?

I'm not being snarky, a jerk, an asshole, or cynical.

I'm just curious.

Posted by hostgator free | May 26, 2010 5:47 AM

Aww, I think it must have been awesome! But I'm late as usual, always miss great event or find out about them too late... :(

Posted by AAT Lady | June 3, 2010 8:52 AM

Hey, folks! Does anybody know when the next concert is planned? The comments are so positive that I'd like to see it with my own eyes.

Posted by Jane Barry | June 7, 2010 6:20 AM

Yes it would be nice to know how much revenue was raised and the projects it went to, and how it improved those areas. Nice post.

Posted by Movie Fan | June 14, 2010 7:19 AM

So did anyone attended the party. And was it really free.? Coz there are rarely few free entries.

Posted by Farhaj | June 14, 2010 11:03 AM

Noooo..! Why do I always miss such great parties? I should definitely visit your blog oftener to be up to date with news about such amazing events.

Posted by Allen | June 15, 2010 9:57 AM

I agree this is exactly what will happen.

Posted by dating | July 2, 2010 12:46 PM

Looks like these guys had a great time haha, makes me want to be apart of it. :P

Posted by Water Ranks | July 7, 2010 11:33 PM

WoW!! I just missed that! :D Surely ppl r greedy for this kind of parties!!

Posted by Akif | July 8, 2010 2:28 AM

I can see that DailyMotion was one of the main partners of the project.. I have been there, and i wanna thank them for organazing such amazing parties.

Posted by Leonardo | July 12, 2010 7:12 AM

DailyMotion is a lot better than Youtube. Youtube is really getting neglected by google. It used to load fast but now its slow. Too bad I am late to this party :-S

Posted by london | July 15, 2010 6:06 AM

again i missed out on a great event, too bad i read about them after they take place :(

Posted by make money online | July 15, 2010 6:45 AM

Was the event free to the public. I'm bummed that I missed it. Hopefully another event similar to this will come up again soon.

Posted by Work from home business | July 19, 2010 2:05 PM

"Like at Emo's and Red 7, we'll have 10 kegs worth of Magic Hat beer to give out at this show, not to mention lots of Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka to pour. And like at Emo's and Galaxy Room, we'll have free breakfast tacos." Thats very informative - thanks for your comment.

Posted by Übersetzung Deutsch Spanisch | July 22, 2010 4:55 AM

I would have liked to attend this event. It sounds like it would have been a great impact. Thanks.

Posted by email marketing software | July 23, 2010 2:29 PM

I'm glad to hear that the money goes somewhere that can help other people and not just into someone's pocket.

Posted by Brisbane Web Design | July 25, 2010 2:03 PM

What a wonderful music. It must listen to everyone.

Posted by Mahjong | July 27, 2010 5:00 PM

This was a great show. I can't wait for the next event. It was also great that the money went to a great cause.

Posted by skin clinic brisbane | July 31, 2010 2:57 PM

What a great shot it was. I especially liked The Antlers, Centro-matic and Lucero.
Does anyone know when they are performing again in Austin?

Posted by Rachel | August 12, 2010 8:13 AM

I really hope that there will be a line up like this in Tucson AZ in the near future. I'm so sad I missed this performance.

Posted by Craps Online | August 12, 2010 8:16 AM

Would have been great. I love events that raise money for good causes.

Posted by Vacuum excavation | August 14, 2010 2:39 PM

Nice thnx

Posted by شات صوتي | August 23, 2010 9:36 PM

Wow, love the flyer.
Great work.
The ofen

Posted by kamine | August 24, 2010 7:13 AM

Nice thnx

......

Posted by منتديات | August 24, 2010 4:35 PM

Sounds like fun. I am actually creating a fund raising event similar to this in October. I would like to get the word out as the cause is very near and dear to my heart. I'm glad there are such wonderful people out there willing to provide their time and funds to help others.

Posted by earn money at home | August 28, 2010 2:42 PM

A while ago I read a very interesting book about something particular about Brooklyn - the Brooklyn bridge. It was written by David McCullough and it is really amazing story. For the time when it was constructed and a long time afterwards it was a marvel of the world.

Posted by traduttore | August 28, 2010 6:25 PM

A while I read that the Brooklyn and New York were actually separate cities, e.g. back then in 1860. And they were actually quite distinct in terms of culture. Brooklyn was actually at the time, in 1860, one of the largest cities in the United States. Of course West coast at the time was not that much developed.

Posted by Übersetzung Deutsch Niederländisch | August 31, 2010 5:24 PM

I have been a part owner of a programming business that writes apps for the web for a number of years now but my true passion is games. I've been planning to try and make a go of game dev as a business or part-time business and this article is encouraging, thanks again!

Posted by biletul zilei | September 1, 2010 12:25 PM

"These symbolize what it's like being in a band all these years.

Posted by fredjeyf | September 4, 2010 9:35 AM

Posted by Loans for bad credit | September 5, 2010 6:50 AM

Posted by Work from home | September 5, 2010 6:51 AM

Posted by غرائب | September 6, 2010 1:22 AM

Posted by ملوك | September 6, 2010 2:10 AM

That looked like such a party! So bummed I missed it, when will there be another one?

Posted by Bridging Finance | September 8, 2010 2:50 AM

I hope this party was succefull and the Fans must have enjoyed alot in this party!

Posted by Does Baking Soda Whiten Teeth | September 18, 2010 1:11 AM

Of course West coast at the time was not that much developed.

Posted by bank repossessed homes | September 19, 2010 7:59 AM

Posted by debt counselling | September 19, 2010 8:01 AM

Posted by SweeD | September 20, 2010 2:03 PM

Posted by دردشة ابوعريش | September 22, 2010 6:51 AM

Wow. What a video compilation. Kudos for putting it all together. Awesome. Thanks for this!!

Posted by DIGITAL MEDIA TRAINING | September 23, 2010 9:35 PM

Sites like this show that with internet it is much easier to spread information about events and get the guests as decades ago. Do you also have a presence on the Facebook?

Posted by traduction technique | September 27, 2010 11:27 AM

Yes, DailyMotion is a great place to watch videos and is catching up to YouTube very quickly. Great job putting this togeather. And good luck to you all.

Posted by Get Traffic 3.0 | October 2, 2010 3:43 PM

Great videos. It shows you what it is really like being in a band!

Posted by Chexsystems | October 3, 2010 11:12 AM

Great stuff, I love the way you have put these vids together. One question, are you a vegan because meat is murder?

Posted by Loans | October 5, 2010 12:41 AM

Cant wait for this, the line up sounds great. I imagine its going to be rocking, look foward to seeing you all!

Posted by John117 | October 7, 2010 5:29 PM

Posted by منتديات | October 8, 2010 9:55 AM

Posted by ترانيم | October 8, 2010 10:42 AM

All videos show everything. But we have to show it again.

Posted by free iphone | October 9, 2010 1:22 AM

haha, Looks like a party, wheres my invite?

Posted by Power Washing Houston | October 9, 2010 11:14 PM

There are some really cool bands in the lineup. Wish I could make it to that.

Posted by Cincinnati Carpet Cleaning | October 9, 2010 11:46 PM

Does anyone know when they are performing again in Austin?

Posted by Hampers | October 10, 2010 2:46 AM

That looks like it was an awesome event. I watched those videos and there is some real talent there. Awesome!

Posted by Rolling Backpacks for Girls | October 11, 2010 1:52 AM

great vid, in some regard, daily motion is better than youtube.

Posted by oral candidiasis | October 11, 2010 2:18 AM

Wow,didn't know Dailymotion actually does stuff like this. Big rep from my site for supporting you.

Posted by Musik-Charts | October 11, 2010 6:14 PM

What a video compilation. Kudos for putting it all together. Awesome :)

Posted by Föreläsare | October 12, 2010 5:48 AM

Your posts and comments are able to boil down all of the information into nice and clear points. Thanks.

Posted by electric razor | October 12, 2010 10:28 AM

My brother was one of the lucky few to get some penguin clothes. They make pretty good stuff.

Posted by Fassadensanierung | October 12, 2010 11:38 AM

Posted by video games | October 12, 2010 2:24 PM

My uncle managed to get some, wish I had been quicker. They're actually pretty amazing quality.

Posted by Ebay Templates | October 12, 2010 3:27 PM

This looks like a really cool event. I cannot wait to see them.

Posted by Carrollton Real Estate | October 12, 2010 3:50 PM

The even looks pretty amazing hopefully theres more to come from you!

Posted by Wow Cataclysm | October 12, 2010 6:30 PM

Lucero is an amazing artist. Although I did see the show and him perform multiple times, I can never get a good seat.

Posted by dining chairs | October 12, 2010 8:17 PM

Wish i went to see them now. The videos look amazing

Posted by Trophies | October 13, 2010 7:09 AM

Yeah this gig rocked. Did anyone else go? I went with my brother, we had a fantastic time.

Posted by Dental Hygienist | October 13, 2010 7:16 AM

ahhh that's remind me of good times:D maybe I will be there.

Posted by uesc | October 13, 2010 11:47 AM

Anyone got any good pictures from the festival? I'm in the UK but a fan of The Antlers but its hard to see them over here!

Posted by Garden Sheds | October 13, 2010 6:15 PM

I really like the feel of that poster. It's a pretty good thing to see something different than these glitter glitter type posters. Respect.

Posted by Medizin | October 13, 2010 7:10 PM

Brooklyn war eigentlich in der Zeit, im Jahre 1860, einer der größten Städte in den Vereinigten Staaten. Natürlich war die Westküste zu dieser Zeit nicht so sehr entwickelt.

Posted by Webdesign | October 13, 2010 7:19 PM

Thanks for putting this together. I cant believe how fast live concerts etc.. get to be seen nowadays, the internet is one awsome beast!

I was actually planning to go see them live but I'm in the UK and it would of been costly..

Posted by LED Track Lighting | October 14, 2010 4:22 AM

Brooklyn komt van Breukelen een Nederlands stadje!
Brooklyn is derived from 'Breukelen' which is a Dutch town!

Posted by organisatiecultuur | October 14, 2010 5:05 AM

Looks like they had a hell of a time. Wish I could have been a part of it

Posted by electronic cigaretteLike | October 14, 2010 7:52 AM

Looks like they had a hell of a time. Wish I could have been a part of it

Posted by electronic cigarette | October 14, 2010 7:53 AM

Does anyone know when they are performing again in Austin?

Posted by DIY Solar Panels | October 14, 2010 10:32 AM

What an amazing lineup! Will they be doing something like this next year as well?

Posted by smokers | October 14, 2010 11:50 AM

What better to accompany a great concert with great food that is natural. The usual concert usually has bad food with little or options for even vegetarians let alone vegans.

Posted by green tips | October 14, 2010 12:01 PM

Posted by vtech storio | October 14, 2010 1:17 PM

Sondre Leche were great!

Posted by Geese | October 15, 2010 2:09 PM

Hi, i must say it is my favorite NYC blogs.Cannot Wait till SXSW is over.its really wonderful that there are such wonderful people out there willing to provide their time and funds to help others.

Posted by chainsaw sharpener | October 15, 2010 3:59 PM

I have been listening to the Twin Sisters online for some time now and really like their stuff. Would have been a great festival.

Posted by Mothers Day | October 15, 2010 7:09 PM

We need to put something like this together here out on the West Coast. I could totally see Santa Monica rockin something like this...

Posted by mending a broken heart | October 15, 2010 7:12 PM

Wow, love the flyer.
Great work.
The ofen

Posted by شات صوتي | October 15, 2010 7:34 PM

Has anyone tried this yet? If you're unfamiliar, it is a vodka distilled in South Carolina.

Posted by Pokern | October 16, 2010 10:50 AM

i missed this fab party, brookylinvagan and dailymotion austin party must be a night of real awesomeness. Really longing for the next party!

Posted by Tvb Drama | October 17, 2010 5:43 AM

argghh i missed this....someday i will come

Posted by michelle case | October 17, 2010 8:21 AM

twin sister love u always...im ur big fanss...

Posted by babanews | October 17, 2010 8:27 AM

I am wondering how much money was raised. I know there were a lot of celebs that were giving money to the Haiti relief as well.
great performance from all celebs

cheer

Posted by dianaking | October 17, 2010 8:30 AM

Amazing free stuff... too bad its over and unfortunate to have missed it.....

Posted by acne | October 17, 2010 12:25 PM

This would have been a riot I am sure! Anything lined up for New Year's? I sure hope so.

Posted by louisiana purchase | October 18, 2010 10:44 AM

In true BV fashion everyone in the crowd will stand arms folded making sarcastic, snarky comments under their breath about how every band sucks and they wish they were somewhere else.

Posted by Walk In Freezers | October 18, 2010 1:33 PM

Does anyone know when they are performing again in Austin?

Posted by بريك بنات | October 18, 2010 6:11 PM

I have seen Joe Mande before and he is a classic. Great line up at the event.

Posted by Vacancies London | October 19, 2010 6:34 AM

My sister had attended. She said she had a blast there. Wish I could have been there. I was in San Jose at the time.

Posted by Atkins Diet Food List | October 19, 2010 9:46 AM

Passion Pit is brilliant! I have attended a few of their gigs.

Posted by Oblique Exercises | October 19, 2010 9:49 AM

Joe cracks me up every single time. Thanks for linking to his videos. Cheers.

Posted by Oblique Exercises | October 19, 2010 9:59 AM

Never heard of Tig Notaro. Are his acts any good? Would love to know.

Posted by Online Fortune Teller | October 19, 2010 10:04 AM

Yeah, I've seen Tig Notaro and they are excellent!

Posted by LED Lights | October 19, 2010 11:36 AM

WoW! Can’t believe you will have free breakfast tacos and then late afternoon free catering by Daily Juice. It is great that all of your parties will be stocked with free Raw Revolution bars and Hail Merry Grawnola as well. And as if that's not enough, you're also hosting a vegan bake sale for charity, courtesy of the fine folks at VegAustin. You guys just rock!

Posted by Virility Ex | October 19, 2010 1:48 PM

You're talking about live footage from SXSW all week long?? Can't get better than that!!

Posted by Venapro | October 19, 2010 1:50 PM

I think is an amazing gesture that all the money raised goes to Food for Life, an organization feeding Haitian and Chilean earthquake survivors. Bravo!

Posted by Provillus | October 19, 2010 1:52 PM

Joe cracks me up every single time. Thanks for linking to his videos. Cheers.

Posted by Escorte | October 19, 2010 2:40 PM

Joe's absolutely hilarious!! Thanks for that! :)

Posted by Figure Coach | October 20, 2010 2:31 AM

Looks greeat!

Free drinks too -oh, just read the part that says 'while stocks last' ... how long will that be I wnder :)

Posted by hull rotterdam ferry | October 20, 2010 3:24 AM

its reallywonderful thatthere aresuch wonderful peopleout there willing toprovide theirtime and funds tohelp others.

Posted by painkiller | October 20, 2010 4:49 AM

Joe's absolutely hilarious!! Thanks for that! :)

Posted by cazare alexandria | October 20, 2010 5:15 AM

Never heard of Tig Notaro. Are his acts any good? Would love to know.

Posted by statusuri smechere | October 20, 2010 5:15 AM

Yeah, I've seen Tig Notaro and they are excellent!

Posted by restaurant alexandria | October 20, 2010 5:16 AM

Posted by ixus 95 | October 20, 2010 1:20 PM

Any news on it for 2011?

Posted by News | October 20, 2010 2:51 PM

My law firm has offices in Brooklyn, so I might stop by.

Posted by New York Criminal Lawyer | October 20, 2010 2:52 PM

My law firm has offices in Brooklyn, so I might stop by.

Posted by New York Criminal Lawyer | October 20, 2010 2:54 PM

Thanks, but I guess I'm late.

Posted by New York Divorce Lawyer | October 20, 2010 3:03 PM

Is this some kind of event which holds annually? Can anyone can participate to the event and enjoy?

Posted by Photoshop tutorials | October 21, 2010 1:25 AM

Maybe next year I will attend. 2011 seems like so far away though.

Posted by Glendale Contractor | October 21, 2010 1:32 AM

this man in the movies like a gay..

Posted by jordansair | October 21, 2010 11:12 AM

Now thats how you have a good time!

Posted by Electronic Cigarette | October 21, 2010 6:43 PM

I heard rumor that they are going to change the place where they going to hold the show? Is that true?

Posted by buy neopoints | October 22, 2010 1:53 AM

Man it looks like they had a great time. Wish I could have been a part of it

Posted by chainsaw sharpener | October 22, 2010 10:06 AM

Posted by forums | October 22, 2010 2:54 PM

Posted by Auctions | October 22, 2010 5:38 PM

Posted by download itunes free | October 23, 2010 8:05 AM

Posted by download itunes free | October 23, 2010 12:35 PM

Posted by Handphone | October 24, 2010 4:44 AM

Posted by interneta veikals | October 24, 2010 10:39 AM

I would have loved enjoying this event but was busy with my sh*t office work and even i was ready visiting it but my boss gave out some work at the last moment

I was about to quit the job just because of this but need to think about family also.

What about the next dates?

Posted by reverse phone lookup | October 25, 2010 12:02 AM

What about the next dates?

Posted by سعودي كول | October 25, 2010 6:59 AM