Posted in music | pictures on March 7, 2010

photos by Leia Jospe

Warpaint

"Warpaint, a four-piece band from L.A., primed the stage with their sultry, pajama-clad jams. Call it psychedelic, call it sexy, call it what you will, whatever is going on here, I want more of it. I have no aversion to all girl bands, and Warpaint gives no reasons to complain. The reverb suspends the sound in a murky haze, with pounding drums in the background. Warpaint is both, exactly what I want to hear on an acid trip, and what I would want to hear if I was deep sea diving. Anything reminiscent of the unknown, dark, mysterious, and curious. These girls invite you to follow them into the rabbit hole, and I'm following their lead.Their EP, Exquisite Corpse is out now, and you can catch them all over SXSW in the coming weeks." [Intercontinental Breakfast]
Akron/Family, Warpaint & Please the Trees shared the bill at Music Hall of Williamsburg in Brooklyn on Wednesday night (3/3). More pictures from the show beow...

Please the Trees

Please the Trees

Please the Trees

Please the Trees

Please the Trees

Please the Trees

Please the Trees

fucking great

Posted by Anonymous | March 7, 2010 8:35 PM

why WOULD you have an aversion to all girl bands? unless you were a sexist dweeb.

Posted by Anonymous | March 7, 2010 11:03 PM

warpaint were so good. them and akron must have more fun touring together

Posted by Anonymous | March 8, 2010 12:56 AM

Leia - these are so great. Your experience and talent are serving each other well!

Posted by Lori | March 8, 2010 4:18 AM

Yeah, that "aversion" comment is superfluous, even strange. If you don't have a problem with something like an all-girl band, why even mention it? That said, I wish I hadn't skipped this show.

Posted by Regular reader | March 8, 2010 10:36 AM

Any chance of adding an mp3 or representative video to this post for a sonic taste?

Posted by Anonymous | March 8, 2010 11:42 AM

Warpaint = jam band version of the Vivian Girls. I was not impressed. On the other hand, I thought Akron/Family were fantastic!

Posted by Anonymous | March 8, 2010 12:19 PM

I don't know, a jam band version of the Vivian Girls sounds kind of awesome.

Posted by Anonymous | March 8, 2010 1:17 PM

thanks god bya ..

Posted by ساحات | August 5, 2010 9:06 PM

Guggenheim billed it as a performance piece and it was just an installation. Resultingly, the crowd simply waited for the "show" to start, limiting anyone's ability to freely explore the space (the ground floor was packed with indian-style seaters, and the balconies were lined with people holding onto their spots like grim death.

Posted by منتديات | January 9, 2011 1:18 PM

it makes no sense for them to deconstruct the entire TD North venue to play a show the next night ~50 miles south at an amphitheater (which probably would require a different stage setup anyway). They'd play Providence or Mohegan Sun before that (and I think those are both highly unlikely).

Posted by فساتين - ازياء | January 19, 2011 5:04 PM

Wonderful post and the location is beautiful and elegant in design and information and everything>>> to Favorites
Amazing is an enormous understatement. One of the best electronic shows I've ever been to and I've seen well over a thousand concerts. I had no idea Vladislav Delay was as good a drummer & percussionist as he is- fabulous and he kept everything swinging with a very unique style of playing. If you missed this you missed out big time...
===================