Posted in MP3 | music | tour dates on March 5, 2010

DOWNLOAD: Bonnie Prince Billy - Play, Guitar, Play (MP3)

Bonnie Prince Billy

Bonnie Prince Billy & the Cairo Gang will be in NYC to play three shows over two nights at Monster Island Basement. They play early and late shows on Thursday, April 1st, and one show on Friday, April 2nd. Lichens open all three.

Tickets for the shows won't be available online - only in person at Record Grouch Records/Old Made Vintage (open 11am-7pm daily; 441 Metropolitan Ave @ Meeker St, Williamsburg, Brooklyn; 908-246-1512) starting Tuesday, March 9th at 5pm.

Bonnie Prince Billy And The Cairo Gang are releasing a new record, The Wonder Show of the World, on March 23rd on Drag City (Mar. 22nd on Domino in the UK). The song "Play, Guitar, Play," above, a Conway Twitty cover, is a free preview that won't be on the ten-song album.

In related new, Will Oldham is a guest on the new Coliseum record.

BPB & The Cairo Gang put out a NFSW teaser for the record. That, all tour dates and venue info are below...

A Valentine for You (NSFW)

| MONSTER ISLAND BASEMENT |

Sat Apr 10 Oakland, CA The New Parish *
Sat Aug 07 Happy Valley, OR Pickathon
Sun Aug 08 Happy Valley, OR Pickathon
# w/ Lichens
$ w/ J. Tillman
* w/ Mariee Sioux

Anyone know ticket limits? I'm assuming cash only.

Posted by Anonymous | March 5, 2010 9:35 AM

Who cares!!! My boyfriend thinks the same with me. He- is eight years older than me, lol. We met online at- A_ge_m_i_n_g_le @ c-o--m a nice and free place for Younger- Women and Older Men, or Older Women and Younger Men, to- interact with each other. Maybe you wanna check out or- tell your friends.

Posted by Anonymous | March 5, 2010 10:14 AM

now THAT'S a mustache!

Posted by Anonymous | March 5, 2010 10:14 AM

I heard tickets are going to be $75 on account of it being a small, intimate venue, and they're going to play one song that they've never played live before, so it's totally worth it.

Posted by Anonymous | March 5, 2010 11:04 AM

I heard Anonymous likes to write silly things because he/she is totally Anonymous.

Posted by Anonymous | March 5, 2010 11:07 AM

tickets are $12

Posted by Anonymous | March 5, 2010 11:17 AM

but again, the important question is, are there limits? can i buy for all three shows? can i buy four apiece for all three shows? cash only? why on earth does a record store in brooklyn have a new jersey area code?

Posted by Anonymous | March 5, 2010 11:25 AM

so good at Santos last time...

Posted by Anonymous | March 5, 2010 11:32 AM

Um fucking awesome. Wow. Wow.

Posted by anonymous2 | March 5, 2010 11:37 AM

anyone know who the cairo gang is? curious who he's playing with this time around. i'd love to see matt sweeney back in the mix.

Posted by Anonymous | March 5, 2010 12:42 PM

cairo gang = emmett kelly. he is awesome. expect them to play without amplification. just acoustic guitar and voice. probably not even a microphone.

Posted by Anonymous | March 5, 2010 1:27 PM

emmett kelly is great and matt sweeney showed up at the apollo show. look out!

Posted by Anonymous | March 5, 2010 1:56 PM

I agree - He was incredible at Santos

Posted by Anonymous | March 5, 2010 3:10 PM

please let jim white be on drums. pretty please . . .

Posted by Anonymous | March 5, 2010 4:11 PM

Cairo Gang backed up Baby Dee at The Delancey a few weeks ago and totally stole the show.

Posted by texastab | March 5, 2010 4:53 PM

thats a photo of jesse from eagles of death metal

Posted by Anonymous | March 5, 2010 5:46 PM

It says on the todd p site there is a two ticket limit per person.

Posted by Anonymous | March 6, 2010 2:53 PM

Hurray for the Riff Raff will be opening for both Louisiana shows.

Posted by Anonymous | March 10, 2010 10:42 AM

they weren't limiting it to 2 tickets per person.

seems like you can by as many as you like

Posted by Anonymous | March 10, 2010 10:53 AM

Are tickets still available?

Posted by Anonymous | March 10, 2010 3:38 PM

"Are tickets still available?"

yes. plenty for thursday and a few for friday. i guess people forgot how to function without the use of the internet.

Posted by Anonymous | March 11, 2010 5:21 PM

Are tickets still available for friday night's show?

Posted by jake | March 30, 2010 1:18 PM

Julian Cope on Mac:

"I gots to tell y’all that when I heard the other day that the Bunnymen’s Ian McCulloch is writing his autobiography, I nearly shat my undies laughing so hard (good job I don’t wear any!); Ian Mac write a book? A man for whom completing a single song on his own is a struggle of Everest the Hard Way proportions is hardly going to write a book. Ian, I’m speechless at your continued arrogance in the face of no evidence whatsoever. In my opinion, you’ve been a dried-up shell of a husk of a man since just after OCEAN RAIN, so don’t embarrass us all with your ludicrous claims that you’re gonna write an autobiography. Two words… No Way. Writing a book involves discipline and hard work, two things you never nailed in the past and never will. As I heard it, you even said in the press that your book will be better than the Bible. Well, in two ways it may well be like the Bible: 1) it’ll be full of half-truths and outright lies, and 2) it’ll have been written by umpteen uncredited writers and you’ll name yourself solely as its author. There you go, dumkopf, I just handed you the map: don’t even bother buying yourself a pen, son; just do what you’ve always done throughout your career; get someone else to do most of the work then claim all the credit yourself. I even have a title already: MAC USER. And with that, I shall sweep off into the Beltane sunset. Yowzah!"

Posted by يوتيوب | October 26, 2010 8:23 PM

One of my friends has been and it was quite impressed. I wish I could have gone with him. Maybe next time

Posted by Inchirieri Masini Constanta | December 3, 2010 7:27 AM

Guggenheim billed it as a performance piece and it was just an installation. Resultingly, the crowd simply waited for the "show" to start, limiting anyone's ability to freely explore the space (the ground floor was packed with indian-style seaters, and the balconies were lined with people holding onto their spots like grim death.

Posted by منتديات | January 9, 2011 1:04 PM

it makes no sense for them to deconstruct the entire TD North venue to play a show the next night ~50 miles south at an amphitheater (which probably would require a different stage setup anyway). They'd play Providence or Mohegan Sun before that (and I think those are both highly unlikely).

Posted by فساتين - ازياء | January 19, 2011 4:59 PM

Wonderful post and the location is beautiful and elegant in design and information and everything>>> to Favorites
Amazing is an enormous understatement. One of the best electronic shows I've ever been to and I've seen well over a thousand concerts. I had no idea Vladislav Delay was as good a drummer & percussionist as he is- fabulous and he kept everything swinging with a very unique style of playing. If you missed this you missed out big time...
===================