Posted in music on March 15, 2010

Tickets for the the July (Madison Square Garden with Buddy Guy) and August (Izod Center with My Morning Jacket) Tom Petty shows are on sale (@ 10am).

Lucky Yankees...we get Joe Cocker

Posted by TXn | March 15, 2010 10:41 AM

Cocker is amazing and you should listen to his early albums if you're not familiar with them.

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2010 10:43 AM

I'd pay to see Joe Cocker, and then leave before Tom Petty took the stage.

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2010 12:12 PM

I love Buddy Guy but im not paying that much just to see him open for Petty. Saw him last month and seeing him headline the Wellmont in May anyway.

Posted by GregBX | March 15, 2010 2:31 PM

I can't believe Buy Guy has to open for Tom Petty. I like Petty but Buddy Guy is a living legend. One of the greatest guitar players of all time.

Posted by Covey | May 31, 2010 11:02 PM

Its a bit hard to understand why they would putt Buddy Guy as a warm up band for Tom Petty I like them both but that's just disrespect to a great guitarist when he has to be the warm up band.

Posted by Perfume | June 11, 2010 1:54 AM

Posted by technology | June 16, 2010 2:24 PM

Buddy guy is one of the greatest guitarist and I cannot believe he is opening for Tom petty. I would not buy the ticket for Tom petty show.

Posted by Jon Fallon | July 1, 2010 7:33 AM

I wonder how many now are tickets for a show ... Hopefully, not too expensive.

Posted by majong | August 25, 2010 10:30 AM

Posted by free game dora | September 5, 2010 11:40 PM

i like buddy guy as much as the next guy but it's not like he's going to headline madison square garden on his own. maybe he's friends with petty. it's not like buddy guy would be forced by his agent to do an opening gig if he didn't want it.

Posted by Anonymous | September 6, 2010 12:12 AM

Posted by bag manufacturers | September 6, 2010 9:33 AM

Julian Cope on Mac:

"I gots to tell y’all that when I heard the other day that the Bunnymen’s Ian McCulloch is writing his autobiography, I nearly shat my undies laughing so hard (good job I don’t wear any!); Ian Mac write a book? A man for whom completing a single song on his own is a struggle of Everest the Hard Way proportions is hardly going to write a book. Ian, I’m speechless at your continued arrogance in the face of no evidence whatsoever. In my opinion, you’ve been a dried-up shell of a husk of a man since just after OCEAN RAIN, so don’t embarrass us all with your ludicrous claims that you’re gonna write an autobiography. Two words… No Way. Writing a book involves discipline and hard work, two things you never nailed in the past and never will. As I heard it, you even said in the press that your book will be better than the Bible. Well, in two ways it may well be like the Bible: 1) it’ll be full of half-truths and outright lies, and 2) it’ll have been written by umpteen uncredited writers and you’ll name yourself solely as its author. There you go, dumkopf, I just handed you the map: don’t even bother buying yourself a pen, son; just do what you’ve always done throughout your career; get someone else to do most of the work then claim all the credit yourself. I even have a title already: MAC USER. And with that, I shall sweep off into the Beltane sunset. Yowzah!"

Posted by Youtubena | October 26, 2010 8:07 PM

Posted by منتدى | November 9, 2010 6:56 AM

I was told that Buddy Guy is also driving Tom Petty's tour bus.

Money talks.

Posted by Anonymous | November 9, 2010 8:25 AM

Posted by Loans | December 15, 2010 7:11 AM

Guggenheim billed it as a performance piece and it was just an installation. Resultingly, the crowd simply waited for the "show" to start, limiting anyone's ability to freely explore the space (the ground floor was packed with indian-style seaters, and the balconies were lined with people holding onto their spots like grim death.

Posted by منتديات | January 9, 2011 1:04 PM

it makes no sense for them to deconstruct the entire TD North venue to play a show the next night ~50 miles south at an amphitheater (which probably would require a different stage setup anyway). They'd play Providence or Mohegan Sun before that (and I think those are both highly unlikely).

Posted by فساتين - ازياء | January 19, 2011 4:59 PM

I was told that Buddy Guy is also driving Tom Petty's tour bus.

Money talks.