Posted in metal | music | pictures | tour dates on March 26, 2010

words by BBG, photos by Jesse Lindmar

Drunkdriver

Though they just played Cake Shop on 3/13 with Todd and Sewerkraut (pictures in this post) followed by a string of shows at SXSW, according to a post from Hardcore Gig Volume, Drunkdriver officially called it quits just two days before their Saturday night record release party at Market Hotel (which has now been moved to 538 Johnson).

Message boards are lighting up, as the timing of the break up coincides with a new wave of old allegations from drummer Jeremy's past life in the band Wives (Dean & Randy pre-No Age):

This is Jeremy from drunkdriver. I am not a rapist. This is based on an accusation from when I was 15 years old. Years after that when I was 23, a friend of mine and I got drunk and slept together. We were on tour and a friend of her's overheard about the incident from when I was 15 (from that girl's best friend) and put this story together like so.

After all this Dean and Randy were by my side. I got irresponsibly blackout drunk in Texas and was inappropriate, woke up with my clothes on but I definitely did not rape anyone or do anything that could be called rape. I was a drunk asshole that night. NEVER was the word "NO" or any force ever used in ANY of the instances.

After years of being there for me, Dean and Randy of Wives couldn't continue being in a band with me and that was the end. Roy did play drums for the rest of the tour with them. When I got back home to LA I called my family and found out that some real-life, non punk issues that put this whole thing into perspective for me, all the while a friend was convincing me to visit New York.

I came out to visit and it seemed like my life could use a big change, so I stayed. I've been here for 5 years and I feel like my entire life has changed for the better. Had I stayed in LA I'm sure I could have defended myself, but I most definitely did not flee here. If I were fleeing I would not go where everyone ends up a few times a year. I am just trying to go on with my life and be a good friend to the great friends I have. This is also a very short version of this but if you would like to know more you can email me here: worktodeathrecords@gmail.com

UPDATE: See comments for more about that.

More pictures from Cake Shop and the amended 538 Johnson show lineup below...

Sewerkraut

================

HARDCORE GIG VOLUME # 124.5
VILE GASH - Record Release for 7" on Youth Attack
AEROSOLS - Amherst MA
NEON BLUD - HC from Tampa
(NEW VENUE)
Saturday, March 27th - 8pm - ALL AGES!
@ 538 Johnson Ave, # 201 (NEW VENUE, moved from Market Hotel)
Brooklyn, NY
****DRUNKDRIVER - Are no longer a band and canceled
*** SCAPEGOAT - had to cancel, their drummer hurt his arm. sorry

Thanks Brian!

Here's the whole fascinating story from the lead singer's mouth...

i didn't know about these accusations when we started this band. after about six months in, one of these incidents was brought to my attention. had a long talk with jeremy about it, who completely denied it. he told me in detail about the incident when he was 15 and both instances in question from when he was in wives. after thinking about it, i decided that i wanted to believe my friend's story. he told kristy about it, and she took the same position as i did. after she and i heard from two very hard detractors of jeremy's, we decided for ourselves that we needed more information. because she didn't have an email address or any other kind of contact info, she wrote the myspace page of the band in question. she absolutely did not ask for details, but said that she was a woman playing in a band with jeremy and wanted to know if, as a woman, she should be concerned about playing music with him or being around him at all. she never heard back from them, which is more than completely understandable but did factor into why we decided to stay together at that point. we tried our best to talk to people who were around when everything happened with wives, and many were supportive of jeremy. we stayed a band for three years after that, and in that period of time jeremy did not ever step out of line or act out of turn. he had cut significantly down on drinking in the past year and stopped completely in november. when we were on our way back from chicago, i was told about the mishka blog post. i didn't mention it to kristy or jeremy at the moment because i just wanted for us to get home safely and not freak out. the day that i got home, timmy hefner called me and said that he had talked to no age and some other la people after reading the blog and absolutely could not do shows for us anymore. immediately after that, todd p called and said that he was dropping us from his monterey fest because no age refused to play if we were on. immediately after that, randy from no age called me. this was the first time that anyone from la had ever contacted me or kristy. he told me his side of the story and no age's position and was as sweet, stand up, and polite as possible in doing so. after talking with him, i started to feel differently. the enormous gravity of the situation started to really beat down on me and i felt significant doubt for the first time. we talked about it at length again, and a part of me, as someone i had grown close to, still wanted to give jeremy the benefit of the doubt. he freely and openly discussed this with anyone and openly posted his email address to anyone who wanted to contact him about this, which made me feel more confident in him. i still wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, but this ate at me more and more. we played a handful of other shows and did sxsw. after that, this thread came up. with all of the dialogue, it beat me down and made me reexamine my position. i told kristy and jeremy that i could no longer do the band and they respected my decision. i agreed to play this one last show, but as time went on and i talked to friends and read this thread, i decided that i couldn't do that either.

i won't lie and say that i don't care about jeremy. when he's told me what he's told me in the past, i really want to believe him. still, i know that a number of people involved in his past have absolutely no reason to lie to me and if this is true, i absolutely cannot live with myself. the thought of it disgusts me and breaks my heart. the fact that he's been good throughout my experience doesn't take away from the possibility of his past. i can't do this band anymore and feel good about it.

i'm so sorry to everyone who this has hurt. i'm so sorry to everyone who i have disappointed beyond repair. i never meant any harm, but that doesn't take away from anything.

- Berdan

Posted by Berdan | March 26, 2010 1:30 PM

drunkraper

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 1:52 PM

No Age caused another band to be dropped from MTYMX and then didn't even bother to show up themselves.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 2:08 PM

what what did he do

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 2:27 PM

"what what did he do"

Multiple women have come out and said that he sexually assaulted them. Apparently he was run out of LA by the local music scene for what he's done. While I can't say that this is the most productive thing done (getting this guy help would be far better), I feel that if this starts some no-tolerance view in Drunkdriver's area that helps alleviate the issue than I am all for it.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 2:41 PM

WHO FUCKING CARES!

Posted by herf | March 26, 2010 2:50 PM

why didnt anyone specifically No Age get to SXSW or WFMU about having this band play their showcase?

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 2:55 PM

why couldn't they just get a new drummer?

also, anyone read the drummer's defense on that msg board? it comes down to him claiming he got black-out drunk, but he woke up fully dressed, so obviously he didn't rape anyone.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 2:56 PM

If he were to admit wrongdoing then maybe the "help" could start. As it is, it's really hard to help someone who won't admit wrongdoing.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 2:56 PM

2:56 here. forgot to mention: worst defense ever.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 2:57 PM

yeay for internet rumors affecting real lives.

Posted by shitty | March 26, 2010 3:05 PM

yeah, like...you realize these aren't "rumors" right?
poor unrepentant rapist. boo-hoo.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 3:28 PM

Good for you, Berdan, for finally doing what's right. Much luck to you.

Posted by ann | March 26, 2010 3:32 PM

"shitty" - did you even read anything posted about this in detail? these weren't "internet rumors."

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 3:34 PM

I loves me some indie rock drama!

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 3:39 PM

so is the new album just not going to come out?

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 3:46 PM

They should do the show as a benefit and give all the proceeds womenagainstviolence.org

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 3:52 PM

The record IS going to come out, and it's GOOD.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 3:56 PM

any police reports?

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 4:03 PM

Did you not read what Berdan wrote above? You think he broke up the band over just rumors?

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 4:14 PM

That girl Roxy on BCO is such a miserable human being. She seriously spends all day on the internet making fun of people and making people feel uncomfortable. Look in the picture thread on that message board, you can see her criticizing people's personal appearances left and right and being a self-loathing catty human being. How disgusting.

It's ironic that feminists are the ones who embody an ultra-macho attitude that is based on dominating every conversation with shitty rhetoric and bully tactics. Fuck these people. They're old and miserable and use the internet as a crux to make themselves feel better.

Posted by $ | March 26, 2010 4:22 PM

"we talked about it at length again, and a part of me, as someone i had grown close to, still wanted to give jeremy the benefit of the doubt. he freely and openly discussed this with anyone and openly posted his email address to anyone who wanted to contact him about this, which made me feel more confident in him. i still wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, but this ate at me more and more. we played a handful of other shows and did sxsw. after that, this thread came up. with all of the dialogue, it beat me down and made me reexamine my position. i told kristy and jeremy that i could no longer do the band and they respected my decision. i agreed to play this one last show, but as time went on and i talked to friends and read this thread, i decided that i couldn't do that either."

THIS SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE WHO HAS HAD HIS MIND MADE UP BY OTHER PEOPLE. SWELL GUY THAT HE IS.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 4:30 PM

To $: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 4:36 PM

well, i don't actually do what "$" said, but if i did... i'm still not sure how that's worse than raping a bunch of women !

Posted by roxy | March 26, 2010 4:37 PM

Wow, I'm really going to miss three white New York implants screaming and being "shocking" and raping people. Gosh. That is just so original. However will we live without their game-changing talent.

Posted by Kako | March 26, 2010 4:38 PM

Police reports? Does it make a difference?

It's pretty unfortunate that much of the public gets their information about sexual assault and the criminal justice system from Law & Order: SVU. The reality of the matter is that the survivor is put on trial--if the case even goes to trial--not the perpetrator.

Posted by angie | March 26, 2010 4:38 PM

Ok, so the drummer is a (accused) rapist, dumb his shitty ass and keep the band going.
Its New York for Christ sake, are there no other drummers available.

Drunkdriver rule(d), Berdan and Kristy, don't give up.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 4:46 PM

This matter is clearly one that is more nuanced than any internet forum is going to be able to resolve. All of the people who are just salivating over themselves to take “sides” fully disgust me and proves, once again, that the scenesters suck at real life.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 4:47 PM

p.s. in 2010 the internet is a wonderful tool for real people from real life to share and locate information. almost all of the people involved are in some capacity involved in the same 'scene' and know each other in real life, from fans of the band to people in bands to people who run record labels to people who attend shows to people who work in record stores, etc. again, we are in 2010, the future is here, and real life people use the internet to talk to each other.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 4:50 PM

BCO, where aging hipsters go to die, while immersing themselves in there former relevance.. RIP DRUNKDRIVER

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 4:51 PM

Roxy - Once again, twisting shit around. I never said your internet persona was better, worse, or even comparable to rape. I'm not even talking about this issue at hand.

I'm talking about YOU.

You're so catty. You hate women. You embody everything you hate.

Whatever, go crawl back into your exclusive internet cave and continue to be a hateful, miserable human being.

Posted by $ | March 26, 2010 4:54 PM

pretty much no one on earth thinks that i hate women, and dudes telling women how to be feminists is hilarious. you are also not doing yourself any favors with this whole "you use the INTERNET" thing by... making weird anonymous blog comments about people... on the internet. just saying.

Posted by roxy | March 26, 2010 4:56 PM

no amount of nuance is going to explain away Jeremy's own "defense" which amounts to "I was black out drunk so I don't remember anything but please believe me that I do remember she didn't say no!"

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 4:56 PM

If people are so involved in the "SCENE" how did this guy go about being ON TOUR AFTER THE ALLEGATIONS CAME OUT!?!?(WHEN HE WAS IN WIVES) As I understand it one of the girls who brought up allegations against the drummer was ON TOUR with WIVES and they CONTINUED to TOUR after the ALLEGATIONS were made. Where was the CONCERN then by DEAN and RANDY??!!??? I am disgusted by all the fucking self righteous scene kids. Also, really internet is a great way to open up dialogue: SeanAgnew posted this on March 26th, 2010 @ 3:28:27 pm » quote#1533this thread is now linked on brooklynvegan.com
Gavin posted this on March 26th, 2010 @ 3:40:48 pm » quote#1534Registration is closed so we're fine.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 5:03 PM

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 4:47 PM

agreed.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 5:08 PM

totally stunned that the guy from phosphorescent has never been called out for multiple cases of sexual assault.

these dudes need help, not more press, fame, or message board haggling.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 5:09 PM

the same culture that silences female sexual assault and rape victims is the culture in which they thrive. people are quick to doubt victims and quick to believe perpetrators ("he's always been cool to ME"). people have had a problem with this for a long time, and his bandmates chose to ignore it and his friends chose to ignore it, and they were all complicit in minimizing and downplaying what he several women said he did. the original poster who brought this up on the board has brought it up many times and it was largely ignored. this time several people pressed the issue and refused to let it drop and refused to let the people involved ignore it, and the outcome was more positive. it's a sad fact, but most "punk" dudes would rather ignore the character of other dudes as long as they can bro down together and play in bands together.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 5:10 PM

i was under the impression he got kicked out of Wives mid-tour and was replaced.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 5:15 PM

re: Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 5:09 PM

no one can "help" these guys unless they admit what they did and accept accountability. until they do, we can only warn women against them and try to keep them from touring.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 5:16 PM

jeez, while we are at it... maybe its time some others in the wburg get exposed for the fucking sick creeps that they are.. Some may or may not surprise you.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 5:19 PM

seriously.

the guys who do this stuff sometimes don't even know they are doing it; they have no idea they're going overboard. that, or they realize how they're pushing people around and simply don't care.

creep list is needed asap. everyone's gone bonkers like "hey drunkdriver, how come you didnt do anything about it then" but there are serial rapists pushing willie nelson covers in rolling stone all the time. ding!

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 5:34 PM

meatheads like that are never going to admit to what they do. its part of their whole pathology.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 5:43 PM

To *most* BV commenters: You have maintained this site's reputation as a festering sewer of anonymous bullshit for years. Do you really want to start a witch hunt where completely anonymous people accuse figures in the music community of sexual misconduct/abuse/crimes?

I say witch hunt because an *actual* expose of any real crimes committed by dangerous individuals would require that anonymous commenters would be able to:

a) tell the truth
b) back up their statements with facts

The two points above have remained out of the mental and emotional reach of most you for a very long time.

Posted by Lori Baily | March 26, 2010 6:19 PM

TOTAL SLACKER

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 6:22 PM

All of this is hearsay and speculation. If he had
a history of sexual assault and rape, there should be a police record of at least one of these instances. The only people who know what actually happened are the accused and the alleged victim. Judgement is not for anyone to make except investigators, a judge, and a jury who have throughly examined it. And last time I checked, trying to do anything much less over power and rape someone is close to impossible while "blackout" drunk. Before you condem someone, it's probably best to keep your mouth shut unless you have all the evidence in front of you , not just a conversation here and a blog post there.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 6:41 PM

"She wrote the myspace page of the band in question. she absolutely did not ask for details, but said that she was a woman playing in a band with jeremy and wanted to know if, as a woman, she should be concerned about playing music with him or being around him at all. she never heard back from them."

It appears at least one of the members of DRUNKDRIVER opened up communication so that a person(s) directly involved could speak out. They [DD] did not ignore it, or furthermore, actually trying to silence anyone, that’s what I gather from the statement. She was concerned. What then? Why no response? I know no one owes anyone anything, but presented with the opportunity to tell your side of the story and warn someone who has approached you and prevent this guy from being in a band with someone- specifically another woman, why wouldn't you? What is the motivation behind that? Seriously, I would like to know. Is it lack of feeling like you have support in the community? Is it that you yourself are unsure as to what happened? Do you just stop caring about other people? (and sarcastic responders can F*off)

That thread is so god damn long and it seems like the same 10-15 people have dominated the 1500+ posts. THAT IS POSITIVELY PRODUCTIVE!

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 6:42 PM

Drunkdriver is dead, long live Drunkdriver.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 6:52 PM

the "opportunity" to describe your rape to the bandmate and friend of your rapist, who is denying that he raped you and convinced a bunch of people that he didn't rape you, is hardly an opportunity. also, to all saying that there should be police reports as evidence- rape is an incredibly emotional and traumatizing crime, and only 39% of victims or fewer are able to report their attacks to the police. it is a fallacy (probably caused by watching too much SVU) that rape is a crime that is often reported, often investigated, and often prosecuted, as rape is a crime that rarely leaves behind physical evidence and is extremely hard to prove (and that is without taking into account the state of mind of a victim after being raped). victims are also pressured by family, friends, friends of their assailant, or their assailant to keep quiet and not go to the police, and are often faced with disbelief, an extremely humiliating/painful/intrusive physical examination, and a burden of proof on the victim that is too great to bear.

so, saying that there should be a police report in this case is a fallacy, as somewhere between 7% (in some studies) and 39% (in others, i went with the highest estimate for you) of sexual assaults and rapes are ever reported to the police.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 7:14 PM

Jeremy was the first drummer in Wrangler Brutes!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 7:21 PM

I like that you have elected to think that Kristy would've manipulated the information and was prompted by selfish motivations. You must know her well. Also, didn't really answer any of the questions. Just keep throwing judgement around because that really helps to inform people.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 7:52 PM

"Just keep throwing judgement around because that really helps to inform people. "

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 8:17 PM

Thank you to the poster above who explains the "opportunity" thing.

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 11:17 PM

And these people dont know much of the world around them as far as politics etc. except ...themselves. Surprise

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2010 12:23 AM

Is Paul Erickson from the Vaz?? Cute

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2010 12:26 AM

nice witch-hunt, assholes. where's the evidence?

women falsely saying they were raped is how women rape men.

Posted by you are all internet douches | March 27, 2010 12:54 PM

Everything on the internet is a lie.

Posted by thoughtpolice | March 27, 2010 1:19 PM

To say this is a which hunt is stupid. Only one person is being accused here. And to say false accusations of rape is how women rape men is even more stupid.
As far as statistics regarding rerports of rape go, it really doesn't prove one way or another whether he raped anyone or not, but by bringing up that "fact" and following victim with ("alleged victim"), it's clear that you have already passed judgement on what you think happened with no concrete evidence. It is not inconcievable that a woman could falsely accuse someone of rape for whatever reason. The fact that the singer of drunkdriver decided to quit after talking to whoever also doesn't prove anything either. It's important to discuss these issuses, but without bias or misinformed judgment. Serious accusations need to be treated as such.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2010 1:30 PM

God, if he rapes someone with Marfan Syndrome, this comment board is gonna have a field day.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2010 2:05 PM

"Just keep throwing judgement around because that really helps to inform people. It was more a judgement of the mind state of the victim ("alleged victim"), which I think was pretty spot on. And it was what you had asked for."

Speculation. If you are not the victim then you can not know that this statement is "spot on". I was trying to have a discussion. There were other possibilities I'd mentioned in my original post, you dismissed all of them in favor of something that will trigger an immediate emotional response. Of course no one is saying that she needed or still needs to detail the circumstances leading to and including her rape (that was even specifically mentioned in the original statement from Berdan at the top of this thread). From my understanding, in reading more of the BOC thread, the allegations are being filtered through those who, at the time when the allegations surfaced, were very close to Jeremy (specifically members of No Age, ex band mates) so the recounting to someone who is close to this guy is sort of nonplus. I'm speculating that Kristy, asking out of specific concern as a woman, is a little bit different. This is just my opinion, and that can change if presented with an answer that does not bait reason. In addition, I ask that you please not parse my words with quotation marks in a patronizing way as it is unnecessary in getting your point across to me. Thank you.

"It's not the responsibility of a rape victim to make sure their rapist doesn't rape others. Rapists are actually responsible for their own actions. "

I agree, as individuals we are responsible for our own individual actions but I feel that conjecture lacks foresight and makes me wonder, is it the job of a message board? It appears as though this method has polarized, more than anything. On one side, if you ask for details or ask questions (however ill-informed they may be) you are a rape sympathizer, a frat boy, a BRO DuDe, an ignoramus, cretin, or worse, a friend of the alleged rapist upset that your party got shut down. On the "opposing" side, radical, positive, productive, activism from the 90s, strong brave women (admittedly a woman named Vanessa on BOC most certainly is) and men who knew more but are turning away from the band only now after all of the very thoughtful "discussion." That's it. There's nothing else. I am uncomfortable with that. The BOC thread was, and remains, a closed conversation amongst a group of friends, all whom have admitted having little to no contact with Jeremy or Kristy, happening in a publicly viewed arena. In my opinion, that is very reckless.

I can speak for myself and say that I am really glad for those who do not think like that. I wish more women (AND MEN!!!) would report sexual abuse and rape to the law. And I am overwhelmed by the remarkable courage of the women and men who report rape, molestation and sexual abuse; not a day goes by that I am not immensely indebted and grateful that they do. Perhaps we wouldn't have such shit poor statistics on prosecutions and maybe the laws pertaining to sexual violence and abuses would evolve if many more women and men did. The culture that tries to silence victims would, perhaps, evolve as well. Just a hunch, though.

I will echo an earlier post:

-AMEN

Also, I have left my email if anyone wants to engage, judge/discuss my thoughts on this more carefully or simply send hatEmail

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2010 2:09 PM

Oops. I thought if you typed my email in the designated line it would print. Sorry I'm new to this, believe it or not. lidsalydia@gmail.com

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2010 2:15 PM

is that the same roxy with the huge nose and chest tattoo?

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2010 3:04 PM

roxy is like some kind of fat succubus that feeds on other people's misfortune in order to satiate her own life's crippling lack of drama.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2010 3:14 PM

"Before you condem someone, it's probably best to keep your mouth shut unless you have all the evidence in front of you, not just a conversation here and a blog post there."

This post is a fantastic illustration of one of the huge reasons rape is underreported and why rape victims are made to feel like they have to have a fucking vial of the rapist's DNA and a stamped copy of a police report in triplicate with them at all times before they can even start having a discussion about what happened to them. With all the shitty, subtle and not-so-subtle victimization women undergo in our society, is letting them talk about it the worst thing possible? Can people begin to decide how they feel about something based on a conversation like this, or do we all have to sit in an evidence room or a laboratory before we can figure out what we think about a situation? Does the fact that it's on a blog make it meaningless? Does the victim have to call us all personally or appear on a stage in the middle of a city to make her story more believable? This is such a common reaction to situations like this. You're an idiot.

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2010 6:28 PM

Rape is underreported because people shouldn't pass judgement without knowing the facts? Way to twist my words. Did you read where I said "Its important to discuss these issues". How the hell did you get from what I wrote that rape should not be discussed. On the contrary, they need to be discussed and brought out into the open. Women and men should be encouraged to speak out against. My comment about keeping your mouth shut has nothing to do with the accused or the victims, but idiots like you who want to make conclusions based on little to no info or what you read online.
Very simple. Rape in general should be discussed openly and victims should be encouraged to speak out. People making judgments before knowing or being qualified to sort through the facts is dangerous. And you don't need a damn DNA test or laboratory to do so. But you at least have to have some authority to make that judgement. Just because you know how to type doesn't give you that authority. Blogging accusations without knowing the facts isn't meaninless, it's irresponsible. So tell me, what gives you or anyone on here the authority to make a judgment about what happened? And no, you idiot, that doesn't mean rape shouldn't be discussed, it means those not directly should keep their opinions to themselves, about this SPECIFIC case, instead of adding to the misinformation and bs speculation. Get it now dick?

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2010 7:14 PM

r.a.p.e.
zap!

Posted by Anonymous | March 27, 2010 7:40 PM

Anyone think Rape thread is a good band name? Too soon?

Posted by Anonymous | March 28, 2010 3:25 PM

Doesn't there have to be valid proof before saying someone has raped someone? All these stories are from he said she said. I know people who know the drummer and his previous girlfriends and nothing like this was ever said. Drunkdriver was awesome live and it's sad to see them go. It's sad that the victims aren't discussing this direct with the drummer instead of going online and making a mess

Posted by Anonymous | March 30, 2010 7:17 PM

Dude better start looking for a new job

Posted by Anon | March 31, 2010 3:48 AM

If there are no criminal charges or legal accusations, Jeremy can actually sue for slander. So things should have been addressed legally before everything went down. If this guy is such a rapist, how was he able to have girlfriends and friends?

Posted by Bobby | April 1, 2010 11:22 PM

The issue here is not whether this person actually committed a rape, the issue is that a person is innocent until proven guilty in a COURT OF LAW, not in a court of blog posts. Based on my research, there is no statute of limitations on the criminal prosecution of rape. Therefore, if anyone has any direct evidence against him, they would be helping society more by reporting this evidence to authorities rather than defaming someone on the Internet.

Rape is a very serious allegation, and it IS taken quite seriously by the criminal justice system. This idea that the there is a “blind-eye” in regards to charges like this is an obsolete concept. The D.A.’s that I have met, more times than not, have been liberal feminist women who take any allegation of sexual assault very seriously. So, if you have evidence, have this person charged.

IF you do NOT have evidence, it would be wise for you to realize that by calling him a rapist in a “written publication” (i.e. blog or message board,) when he has not been found guilty of such crimes, you are potentially setting yourself up for a civil lawsuit. Do yourself a favor and Google “libel per se” before you start accusing someone of something on the Internet.

You might say “go ahead and sue me, I don’t have any money.” Well, someday you might, and it would be taken away or garnished. If you think you are anonymous, you are not. During the discovery process in a lawsuit, your IP address will be found and traced to you via court order to your Internet Service Provider. What is an IP? It is your digital “finger prints.” You are NOT anonymous.

Look, I do not know this person, nor have I ever listened to any of his music. I came across this issue over a conversation at a bar with someone who had heard of it. However, to put my two cents in, this person’s career is essentially ruined. If I were him, I would sue as many of you as I could for loss of future wages at the least.

If you are the owner or moderator of this blog or site, I would suggest reviewing the posts and removing any potentially libelous content. I am not quite sure of the legal precedent here, but do you really want to be party to a potential lawsuit? Attorneys are not cheap!

Posted by Anon | April 4, 2010 9:36 AM

Does anyone even understand Jeremy's initial response? I know Jeremy, and can imagine him crafting that statement. It's truly unfortunate that because he's not a terribly articulate guy, a vaguely worded response is easy to construe as a practical admission of guilt. Seriously, look at the syntax:

"This is Jeremy from drunkdriver. I am not a rapist. This is based on an accusation from when I was 15 years old."
What "this" is he even talking about? it's really hard to tell. [Also, let's ignore the fact that even in the legal system, 15-year-olds are treated completely differently, and that 13-year-old accusations should be examined closely. Punk has it's own rulez.]

"Years after that when I was 23, a friend of mine and I got drunk and slept together. We were on tour and a friend of her's overheard about the incident from when I was 15 (from that girl's best friend) and put this story together like so."
Overheard about the incident? What incident? What does he mean by "put it together like so"?

I call bullshit on everyone who pretends they understand what this means, and is acting like he said "I got blackout but totally remember certain parts, and she definitely didn't say no!" Yeah, it's easy to pretend that's what it says, but it's pretty clear it's not what he meant.

Anyway, mob justice already driven both bands to dissolve, but this is a fucking case study of the ugliest side of the internet. Whether you know the women in question, the dudes in No Age, Berdan/Kristy, whatever - this has been a totally unproductive, moralist-bullshit handling of the situation focused 100% on revenge draped in the clothes of justice and protecting women. Look up McCarthy, you'd find him an inspiration.

Every person pretending that they are advocates of women, "protecting them from a man they don't know is a rapist," you are full of shit. If that was your goal, you would encourage the alleged victims that the right course of action is to get in touch with the sensitive crimes department wherever they live and look into pressing charges. These issues are taken for seriously by DAs. If convicted, Jeremy would face consequences, and be a registered sex offender - which would actually tell warn people. If the alleged victims are not comfortable stopping forward or are not interested in doing so any longer, that is their decision alone. The presumptuousness on display is stunning.

Meantime, right now, Jeremy is still a dude living in Brooklyn. You think making his bands break up via internet justice equals protecting women? I'm not of the opinion that Jeremy is a danger to women now, and I don't know about his past behavior, but this "resolution" is no resolution at all, and everyone who made this happen should be feeling equal shares of disappointment and shame.

You're a bunch of fucking poser cowards. Congratulations on being a big deal on the internet, though. Congratulations, dudez who are too scared to speak up for fear of being called a rape-apologist. Congratz, roxy - ur a big deal.

Fucking sad.

Posted by w_anon | April 6, 2010 1:56 AM

Well said.

Posted by Anon | April 7, 2010 2:08 PM

BCO roxy clearly has "daddy issues" that she needs to project onto every man she talks to. What a psycho.

Posted by anonanon | April 7, 2010 3:58 PM

You white message board Internet punx be crazy. Drunkdriver, as a band were great.

Posted by Bro fro | June 2, 2010 4:37 PM

Oh well, check this out:

Posted by Craig | November 23, 2010 7:31 PM

Wonderful post and the location is beautiful and elegant in design and information and everything>>> to Favorites
Amazing is an enormous understatement. One of the best electronic shows I've ever been to and I've seen well over a thousand concerts. I had no idea Vladislav Delay was as good a drummer & percussionist as he is- fabulous and he kept everything swinging with a very unique style of playing. If you missed this you missed out big time...
===================

Posted by يوتيوب القمة | February 20, 2011 9:32 PM

Y can see that women are becoming less and less creative in the world. Yes Amy Winehouse may sing well, but let's just try to be more creative with our little games of dress up.

Posted by Juegos didacticos | September 9, 2011 2:25 PM