Posted in music | tour dates on March 9, 2010

by Andrew Frisicano

Everybody Was In The French Resistance....Now

Everybody Was In The French Resistance....Now, the project of Art Brut's Eddie Argos and Dyan Valdés from The Blood Arm, put out Fixing the Charts, Volume One, a collection of 12 poppy, parodic songs on Cooking Vinyl earlier this year.

"Argos employs much irony and humour in his songs but there's often a kernel of truth at the heart of the situation he portrays. Although the track which uses the band name as a hook ('Creeque Allies') takes an 'Allo 'Allo approach to history ("the Nazi occupation/ was an awkward situation"), the lyrics also work as a tribute of sorts to the French resistance, while 'G.I.R.L.F.R.E.N (You Know I've Got a)') is a funny but biting response to Avril Lavigne's concept of sisterhood." [SoundsXP]
Videos of some of those ditties live are posted below.

No US tour dates yet, but they'll play five shows at SXSW this year, and then UPDATE: do a proper tour of the US in May. On the afternoon of Thursday, March 18th, they play the BrooklynVegan/AnSo day party at Spider House. Also at the show will be 19 bands including Cheeseburger, A Sunny Day in Glasgow, Tyvek, Thee Oh Sees, Golden Triangle, Kid Congo Powers and Jim Jones Revue.

Tickets are on sale for a May 12th show at Mercury Lounge and a May 13th show at Union Hall in Brooklyn. All dates TBA.

Videos and their full SXSW schedule are below...

Everybody Was In The French Resistance... Now! - G.I.R.L.F.R.E.N. (You Know I've Got A)

Everybody Was in the French Resistance... Now! - (I'm So) Waldo P Emerson Jones (live)

Everybody Was in the French Resistance... Now! - Creeque Allies (live)

Eddie Argos flyer

Everybody Was In The French Resistance....Now - 2010 Tour Dates
Mar 17 Creekside Lounge @ 5:15 (Big Texas Jumpstart III presented by The Midgetmen) Austin, Texas
Mar 17 Galaxy Room @ 1:00 a.m. (Official Showcase) Austin, Texas
Mar 18 Spider House @ 4:00 p.m. (BrooklynVegan/AnSo Day Party) Austin, Texas
Mar 19 Hotel San Jose @ 1:00 p.m. (South by San Jose Party) Austin, Texas
Mar 19 Mohawk @ 4:00 p.m. (AV Club/Flowerbooking/Canvas Party) Austin, Texas

Maybe no U.S. tour, but they're at Mercury Lounge May 12th and tickets are already on sale

Posted by texastab | March 9, 2010 7:32 PM

This album is freaking perfect. Eddie Argos is a god among men.

Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2010 8:23 PM

look at us, we formed a band

Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2010 8:43 PM

thanks, updated!

Posted by brooklynvegan | March 9, 2010 10:01 PM

like the tunes but horrible name

Posted by Anonymous | March 10, 2010 12:17 AM

Everybody was in the French resistance... MEH

Posted by Anonymous | March 10, 2010 2:34 AM

It's very interesting post.These tips are really helpful.Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us.Keep up the good work.Keep blogging.

Posted by Credit Card Debt | March 10, 2010 4:12 AM

Great name!

Posted by Anonymous | March 10, 2010 6:56 AM

Hey, Credit Card Debt: If you're going to paste the same senseless comment all over the internet because someone is paying you to lure idiots to their site, couldn't you at least take a couple of seconds to proofread it? Stupid fucking robot.

Posted by harrumph | March 10, 2010 9:12 AM

ie test comment

Posted by Mark Carey | March 10, 2010 1:36 PM

does this hack really need a fucking solo career too?

Posted by Anonymous | March 10, 2010 2:57 PM

i hear these two are boning each other

Posted by Anonymous | March 10, 2010 7:30 PM

Julian Cope on Mac:

"I gots to tell y’all that when I heard the other day that the Bunnymen’s Ian McCulloch is writing his autobiography, I nearly shat my undies laughing so hard (good job I don’t wear any!); Ian Mac write a book? A man for whom completing a single song on his own is a struggle of Everest the Hard Way proportions is hardly going to write a book. Ian, I’m speechless at your continued arrogance in the face of no evidence whatsoever. In my opinion, you’ve been a dried-up shell of a husk of a man since just after OCEAN RAIN, so don’t embarrass us all with your ludicrous claims that you’re gonna write an autobiography. Two words… No Way. Writing a book involves discipline and hard work, two things you never nailed in the past and never will. As I heard it, you even said in the press that your book will be better than the Bible. Well, in two ways it may well be like the Bible: 1) it’ll be full of half-truths and outright lies, and 2) it’ll have been written by umpteen uncredited writers and you’ll name yourself solely as its author. There you go, dumkopf, I just handed you the map: don’t even bother buying yourself a pen, son; just do what you’ve always done throughout your career; get someone else to do most of the work then claim all the credit yourself. I even have a title already: MAC USER. And with that, I shall sweep off into the Beltane sunset. Yowzah!"

Posted by يوتيوب | October 26, 2010 8:24 PM

Wonderful post and the location is beautiful and elegant in design and information and everything>>> to Favorites
Amazing is an enormous understatement. One of the best electronic shows I've ever been to and I've seen well over a thousand concerts. I had no idea Vladislav Delay was as good a drummer & percussionist as he is- fabulous and he kept everything swinging with a very unique style of playing. If you missed this you missed out big time...
===================