Posted in music | pictures on March 22, 2010

photos by Tim Griffin

Dawes

Paste's #6 Favorite SXSW 2010 Moment: Singing along to Dawes at the Top of My Lungs

I only caught the last couple songs of Dawes' set at Club De Ville, but they included the best sing-a-long of all SXSW when the entire crowd took over the chorus at the end of "When My Time Comes."

Check out some video footage of that song being performed at Bowery Ballroom along with more video and pictures from their above-referenced show, which was the official 2010 BrooklynVegan SXSW showcase, below...

Dawes

LA Times' Jeff Miller's TOP LA BAND at SXSW: The sepia-toned country-rockers of Dawes never impressed me much in LA, but they've finally tightened their sound and their show up; as I watched them earnestly croon heartfelt Gram Parsons-inspired numbers in the IFC house for a TV taping, it seemed like they'd finally found their niche. Also great: Casxio, who killed with a fairly straightforward version of "Nothing Compares 2 U" at Peckerheads.

sing it...

When My Time Comes - Dawes - The Bowery Ballroom - 2.19.10

Tags: Dawes, SXSW

i cant figure this band out. they are a bit easy-listen' laidback acoustic rock, no? and not necessarily in an interesting way. but then i feel like i am wrong. thoughts?

Posted by Anonymous | March 22, 2010 9:49 PM

sometimes it feels good to listen to a band like Dawes

Posted by Anonymous | March 24, 2010 1:06 AM

band sucks

Posted by Anonymous | March 26, 2010 8:27 AM

you guys are missing something this band is great! They are getting positive feedback all over the place.........

Posted by Anonymous | March 29, 2010 9:54 PM

Posted by Anonymous | August 19, 2010 11:11 PM

the singer is so sesitive , could you seee him singing

Posted by منتديات | September 24, 2010 2:04 PM

foeer this band is the best new music ive ever heard. heard them play way back in early 09 and literally was knocked on my back. have listened to them nonstop since. you are fools for letting this pass you by. these guys will be fresh in my ears as long as i live.

Posted by شات | October 3, 2010 9:09 PM

Some really great photos here. I'd never even heard of 8-bit music before so thanks for enlightening me! Jim.

will be fresh in my ears as long as i live.

Posted by مركز تحميل | October 4, 2010 8:12 AM

tee was a real treat for fans watching all those popular bands performing live.
by the way Here is a full for SXSW 2010 if

anyone wants to check it out.
شات دردشه

Posted by شات دردشه | October 9, 2010 12:32 AM

-*-*-

Posted by منتديات | November 3, 2010 5:52 PM

it makes no sense for them to deconstruct the entire TD North venue to play a show the next night ~50 miles south at an amphitheater (which probably would require a different stage setup anyway). They'd play Providence or Mohegan Sun before that (and I think those are both highly unlikely).

Posted by فساتين - ازياء | January 19, 2011 5:01 PM

dont hate cause you didnt participate

Posted by anime | April 11, 2011 4:54 PM