Henry Rollins @ Gramercy Theatre in 2007 (more)
tonight in NYC
* Louis CK @ Caroline's
* Jay-Z @ Nassau Coliseum
* Allman Brothers @ United Palace
* hip hop for Haiti @ SOB's
* Soulive @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Henry Rollins @ Irving Plaza
* Alkaline Trio & Cursive @ Nokia Theatre
* The National, Buke & Gass @ Bell House
* Glass Ghost, Inlets, Bell @ 92YTribeca
* Vaz, Todd, Pygmy Shrews @ Death By Audio
* Joseph Arthur, Nicole Atkins @ City Winery
* The Magnetic Fields, Darren Hanlon @ Town Hall
* My Robot Friend, Kingdom, Alex Moulton @ Galapagos
* Scout Niblett, Picastro, Center Divider @ Union Pool
* Hussle Club, Maluca, TV Baby @ Studio at Webster Hall
* Foreign Born, Free Energy, CLOVERS @ Knitting Factory
* Sam Mickens' Ecstatic Showband & Revue @ 174 Mott Street
* Alkaline Trio, Cursive, The Dear & Departed @ Nokia Theatre
* The Very Best, Theophilus London @ Museum of Natural History
* Kronos Quartet w/ Matmos & more @ Zankel Hall at Carnegie Hall
* Girls & Boys w/ Wolfgang Gartner, Designer Drugs @ Webster Hall
* Levon Helm, Donald Fagen, The Duke & the King @ The Wellmont Theater
* Water Fai, Talk Normal, Moon Mama, Hard Nips, Olivia Mori @ Bruar Falls
* Ensemble Dal Niente, Jeremiah Cymerman, Toby Driver @ Issue Project Room
* Tragedy, The Upper Crust, Les Sans Culottes, The Blondest @ Bowery Ballroom
* Woods, Real Estate, Happy Birthday, Wild Nothing @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
* New Madrid Faults, I Am The Heat, The Courtesy Tier, Ben Franklin @ Matchless
* Brit & The Cavalry, The Nouvellas, Beluga, The Anabolics, KC Quilty @ Spike Hill
Drink Up Buttercup, Letting Up Despite Great Faults, Million Young, No Place, Bruce Peninsula @ Pianos
Spike Hill hosts a tribute to Joan Jett & the Runaways Tribute.
W.A.S.P. was scheduled to play Gramercy Theatre in NYC last night, but cancelled last minute.
"My sons and I were waiting for the doors of the theater to open when [W.A.S.P. mainman] Blackie [Lawless] walked by in what seemed to be a foul mood. Shortly after, I was told by a person waiting on the line that the show has been cancelled. Then we found out that Blackie was at the tour bus and would sign autographs for everyone. And to his credit, he did. He signed many autographs and allowed pictures to be taken.Will they show up at Starland Ballroom tonight?
"Blackie was very nice to everyone but upset that the band would not be performing.
"I do not know the details but from what I overheard, the [band] was [not] at fault." [Blabbermouth]
Levon Helm's show at Wellmont Theatre tonight was originally scheduled during a snow storm.
The all metal Bee Gees tribute band Tragedy is breaking up. Tonight at Bowery Ballroom is the last chance to see them.
Henry Rollins does spoken word at Irving Plaza tonight and tomorrow.
A PUNKCAST video of The Thrills performing "Whatever Happened to Corey Haim?" at Bar 13 in NYC on August 10, 2003, below...
The Thrills - Whatever Happened to Corey Haim?