Posted in movies | music | tour dates on April 13, 2010

OmarOmarOmar

Though Highline Ballroom still lists it as May 2nd, The Omar Rodroguez Lopez show seems to be postponed to September. Omar will be in NYC soon though, but not for a musical reason. And in case you're wondering, Omar's peeps answered some questions about this:

Will there be a tour announced or is that still the only Omar show this year? (in September) I just want to know if I should go to NYC or wait for Chicago
I can't answer you yet. I'm trying to have more than one show in Sept and Chicago has been discussed but is not definite yet

Is it a good move on my part to buy a ticket for the Omar show right now knowing that it will be granted at the rescheduled event?
I would just wait until we announce the new date but it would be honored all tickets for May 2 show will be honored at new date at that Venue

Which members could not play at the may 2 show?
why does it matter, why do you guys always have to push for information that doesn't matter.

for the Omar solo show, if we could not make the new date, can we get a full refund. It's wasn't my fault I couldn't make it to a date I didn't pick.
I'm sure you will be able to make that choice

Harsh set of FAQs. (Thanks Mike)

Trailers and other videos related to Omar's movie ("The Sentimental Engine Slayer"), below...

The movie has its North American premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival.

I used to be such a huge fane of ATDI/Mars Volta/GSL but seeing as how Omar tends to be a complete dick in most interviews. it has definatly cooled my love for them.

Posted by Enrique | April 13, 2010 11:38 AM

Very douchey responses.

Posted by Anonymous | April 13, 2010 11:39 AM

most drug addicts are not nice people

Posted by Anonymous | April 13, 2010 11:56 AM

i'm not sure he answered those questions.
the article says his 'peeps' did.

Posted by Anonymous | April 13, 2010 12:02 PM

why don't you all go fucking cry about it? his answers rule. not everyone needs to be a cookie cutter spokesperson...keepin it real like dirt mcgirt!

Posted by Anonymous | April 13, 2010 12:21 PM

i dont see what the big deal is about his answers one way or the other. other than the third one, he's just answering the questions in a straightforward way.

Posted by Anonymous | April 13, 2010 12:28 PM

I can't believe you asked those questions on our formspring anonymously, then published them like it was an interview ? Why wouldn't you just call us and ask for real replies? We answered the questions shortly like that because it's a formspring that is stalked by Mars Volta fans that are super pushy. BV next time you want the news or the facts just call us in real life?

Posted by cathy | April 13, 2010 12:31 PM

fuck him and his guitar wankery bullshit

Posted by JT | April 13, 2010 1:08 PM

My new band name: "Why does it matter?"

Posted by Anonymous | April 13, 2010 1:14 PM

Your new band name sucks. Let's vote on a new one.

Posted by anonymous2 | April 13, 2010 1:25 PM

Ok, how about "Douchebaggery" ?

Posted by Anonymous | April 13, 2010 1:29 PM

He wasn't Omar, the questions were answered personally by Cathy Pellow who is doing a very good job with her label and takes the time to answer our silly questions...

Posted by Dandelion | April 13, 2010 1:30 PM

"I can't believe you asked those questions on our formspring anonymously, then published them like it was an interview ?"

I didn't ask them, and didn't post them like an interview. Just a quote from the sourced message board.

"i'm not sure he answered those questions.
the article says his 'peeps' did."

exactly

Posted by brooklynvegan | April 13, 2010 1:37 PM

^^^ Cathy:

maybe if the band wasn't so cryptic and didn't have such a pugnacious attitude towards their fans they wouldn't harass you as much. It's not unreasonable for people to want to know who would be playing with Omar during a solo show (especially in light of lackluster recent mars volta tours + subpar solo albums). It's not unreasonable either to want to know if there will be more shows before traveling great distances.

maybe you could have written a press release after thomas pridgen (The drummer) was fired before the last show of the US tour canceling it for the fans. Now it's known that Cedric put out a restraining order on him.

My friends and I used to drink the volta kool aid and go to great lengths to see them. But this exchange is a perfect example of the disdain that they show their fans and as a result much of the enthusiasm of people i know has greatly tempered.

Posted by Anonymous | April 13, 2010 2:47 PM

Ok, so he is a douche for hiring douchy peeps. All cleared up. Thanks.

Posted by Anonymous | April 13, 2010 2:47 PM

Cathy,

you sound like a bitch.

that is all.

Sean

Posted by Sean | April 13, 2010 2:52 PM

Wow, why so harsh everyone? This sounds like an unfortunate situation. Cathy is always super cool with fans about everything and she keeps everyone as informed as possible, which i appreciate as a fan. Whats with the name calling?

It seems like it may have been taken out of context, so give them the benefit of the doubt.

I'm bummed about the show moving like everyone else, but Im sure they are too

Posted by Gallagheritis | April 13, 2010 8:22 PM

BV is fully backed on this. Cathy sounds mean

Posted by Ryan | April 14, 2010 12:30 AM

"The Cedric Bixler Restraining Order" is my new band name.

Posted by nonymous | April 14, 2010 9:27 AM

^^ yea apparently according to the fansite.. pridgen claimed that cedric owed him money or something and there was some sort of physical altercation.

they've been airing their dirty laundry on facebook ever since. kinda surprised no sites picked up on it.

Posted by Anonymous | April 14, 2010 4:42 PM

I'm guessing because nobody gives a shit.

Posted by Omar Minaya | April 14, 2010 4:53 PM

hey retards, cathy has nothing to do with the mars volta. she is a partner with omar in running his production company. so she would have no business posting a press release about thomas pridgen or whoever the fuck else in that band.

mars volta maniacs stalk her and bomb her formspring with the same questions over and over again. it's to be expected that someone would tire over the same bullshit 40 times a day.

BV- she's a very progressive thinker and i'm sure would have been happy to answer any questions you had. if she's willing to answer every last query posed by 17 year old psychos, why not a reputable music website. what the fuck has happened to music journalism- pulling quotes off someone's formspring. what a brilliant source.

Posted by ryan | April 14, 2010 10:11 PM

cathy is good people you assholes come here and talk your shit anonymously behind a blank face of a computor screen about shit you have no clue about. you stupid motherfuckers are the vermin the sewer rats of this earth you are trash people because you are new yorkers you are pieces of shit and will live youre lives as pieces of shit

big ups to dandelion

Posted by Bob Uecker | April 14, 2010 10:16 PM

Posted by Youtube | April 28, 2010 9:38 PM

Posted by Wed Gan | June 11, 2010 10:01 AM

Wonderful post and the location is beautiful and elegant in design and information and everything>>> to Favorites
Amazing is an enormous understatement. One of the best electronic shows I've ever been to and I've seen well over a thousand concerts. I had no idea Vladislav Delay was as good a drummer & percussionist as he is- fabulous and he kept everything swinging with a very unique style of playing. If you missed this you missed out big time...
===================