before Courtney Love arrived @ Best Buy last night (mybodystory)
Courtney Love @ Best Buy last night (mybodystory)
tonight in NYC
* Asa Ransom @ The Cameo
* Cruel Black Dove @ Fontana's
* Jenny Scheinman @ Barbes
* Slavic Soul Party @ Barbes
* Devotchka @ Bowery Electric
* Hanson @ Gramercy Theatre (again!)
* Gogol Bordello @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Gipsy Kings @ Radio City Music Hall
* Jamie Lidell, Twin Shadow @ Bowery Ballroom
* Hole, Little Fish, The Love Loves @ Terminal 5
* Goes Cube, Pistola, Toys in Trouble @ The Bell House
* Hellyeah, Black Water Rising @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
* Think About Life, Light Pollution (late) @ Mercury Lounge
* Class Actress, MNDR, Keepaway @ The Studio at Webster Hall
* Pink Noise, The Art of Shooting, Bronze, Casey Quilty @ Pianos
* Mike Bones, Mark Trecka & Beth Remis, Elephant Micah @ Union Pool
* Tiberius, Monuments, Multitudes, Birthing Of Millions @ Cake Shop
* Franklin Bruno, Jay Sherman-Godfrey, Pete Galub & The Annuals @ Union Hall
* Casiotone for the Painfully Alone, Magical Beautiful (early) @ Mercury Lounge
* Zach Hill, Anamanaguchi, Soft Circle, Unstoppable Death Machines @ Death By Audio
Seventh Void, a band featuring 50% of Type O Negative, cancelled their opening slot at Music Hall of Williamsburg tonight in light of Pete Steele's recent passing (Black Water Rising took their place). Seventh Void's debut album was recently released by Big Vin Records aka Pantera drummer Vinnie Paul's record label. Vinnie's brother Dimebag Darrell was murdered on stage right in front of him while they were performing with their post-Pantera band Damageplan in December of 2004. After that Vinnie went on to join "supergroup" Hellyeah (the headliner at Music Hall tonight). Big Vin Records hasn't actually released much. One of their only other CDs is the self-titled Rebel Meets Rebel which is three members of Pantera (Vin and Dimebag included) backing David Allan Coe. Coe plays Music Hall of Williamsburg on June 11th (with Jonny Corndawg opening).
Writer and musician Franklin Bruno appears at Union Hall tonight with his band The Human Hearts ("me + Matt, w/ Pete, above, sitting in for a couple"). "Above" refers to openers Jay Sherman-Godfrey and Pete Galub. "We have new songs, which, by my lights, bite Big Flame, ABC, Code Blue's 'Whisper Touch,' and The Clean. At least one song by a bald post-punk will be covered."
Hole kicked off their trip to NYC with an in-store at Best Buy last night. Tonight is the first of two shows at Terminal 5.
Devotchka and Gogol Bordello each have last minute shows in NYC tonight and then a free afterparty at Brooklyn Bowl (which is where Gogol is playing)
Tonight's MNDR show at the Studio isn't listed in the tour dates we posted yesterday which included last night's benefit at the Bell House and the VV Brown show tomorrow at Bowery Ballroom.
Micachu & the Shapes performed at Bruar Falls' one-year anniversary party Saturday night (while the Morning Benders were playing at MHOW). Punkcast video from their performance below...
Michachu and The Shapes - Wrong