Posted in TV | music on May 22, 2010

Massive Attack @ Terminal 5 (more by Chris La Putt)
Massive Attack

Massive Attack's American holiday continues. Last night the band made their U.S. televesion debut, along with Martina Topley-Bird, on Jimmy Kimmel Live. Three videos from the "mini-outdoor concert" below...

Massive Attack Performs "Tear Drop"

audience perspective of Tear Drop

Massive Attack Performs "United Snakes"

Twelve years later and Mezzanine still sounds amazing. Massive Attack has not been able to top that album since then.

Posted by Heavy Street | May 22, 2010 10:45 AM

Are you kiddin me? Heligoland is right up there! Paradice circus, love you girl, atlas air , splitting the atom, psyche are fantastic songs even though nothing ever could beat Angel or unfinished sympathy.

Posted by Lars Wallin | May 22, 2010 11:01 AM

Solid performance, but strangely it didn't translate to television. It was a great mini show and I'm saddened that the other songs that were performed weren't recorded. Great to finally see them on network television.

Posted by Enorme Nuez | May 22, 2010 12:35 PM

Yeah I'm surprised they didn't air the other performances with Horace Andy or Daddy G. "Splitting The Atom and Girl" and "I Love You" were pretty amazing.

Posted by armando | May 22, 2010 2:25 PM

I saw Massive Attack at the House of Blues here in Boston on May 13th. It was my 3rd time seeing them and it was by far the best show. Glad to see Daddy G. back in the saddle. The entire set was amazing and the crowd gave them a 5 minute ovation. I have been listening to Mezzanine at least once a week since it came out and it never gets stale. This group is like Hendrix, or The Clash to me.
Sorry I missed them on Kimmel.

Posted by Marcelle | May 22, 2010 4:44 PM

that was a weird late night performance. lol. play a hit from an album from like 10 years ago. really quiet song. kinda performance art by them to do that. so different than most late night performances.

Posted by Anonymous | May 22, 2010 8:24 PM

uhmmm wish they played something else. still hot ass tho

Posted by Anonymous | May 23, 2010 12:22 AM

Nothing like promoting your new album with a B-side and a stillborn take on the (lucrative!) theme from House minus Liz Fraser. Oh well. That's America, then!

Posted by Anonymous | May 23, 2010 3:16 AM

>Oh well. That's America, then!

yup, that's how it works here. 50 bucks says that kimmel's bookers said "ok, you can do the show, but ONLY if you play teardrop."

Posted by Anonymous | May 23, 2010 12:08 PM

Saw NYC night 2 and really wish had gone both nights one of the best shows including Gabriels at rcmh 10days before I can recall peter is up there but was more refined heady as is the guru Ma just raw pure amazing talents bordering on genius and insanity
please more and let it completely go next time out
can that show reslly be outdone
not sure
let's hope
and not for years
come back again after euro
bravo!!!!
Kümmel SOS tear drop great and I sm sure was a requirement
g was missed

Posted by Jimitits | May 27, 2010 5:12 AM

Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie were really good albums. Got them when they came out, still throw them on at times and think they're great. It saddens me when I hear bands from that era when I was a teenager and hear their new stuff and it's so clear how they've lost it, they sound desperate to recapture a sound/magic that they haven't had in 15 years (holy shit).... And then I realize that is not unlike a lot of us.

Posted by منتديات | January 22, 2011 7:58 AM

Sorry I missed them on Kimmel.

Posted by Accel 1851 Black 4 Gauge 20 Spool Silicone Battery Cable | November 12, 2012 10:06 AM