Posted in music | tour dates on May 7, 2010

Pop Montreal 2009 (more by Ryan Muir)
Pop Montreal

POP Montreal, sort of like the CMJ of Montreal, but less industry-like, returns for the 9th time from September 29th to October 3rd. Check out the sneak peak of their intial lineup below...

SWANS- DEERHOOF - LIARS - DANIELSON - VAN DYKE PARKS - MARNIE STERN - MARY MARGARET O'HARA - BEAR IN HEAVEN - MAHALAI RAI BAND - NAOMI SHELTON & THE GOSPEL QUEENS - SHONEN KNIFE - KARKWA - THE LUYAS - BABY DEE- TWIN SISTER -CLARE & THE REASONS +

swans are playing brooklyn masonic temple oct 8th

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2010 4:38 PM

Swans!

Posted by Anonymous | May 7, 2010 4:42 PM

Cant wait to see Swans here. Are you sure about Oct 8th cause I think it might be in the UK first?

And for all those twits who talked bad about Throbbing Gristle with over a hundred comments then speak like five year old kids and say "people are haters on here" when they critique their lame new ego driven band, keep your mouth shut about a band who played for 30 years in NYC and elsewhere at a time when you didnt make a living off your music in this city because it wasnt a safe or gainful place to be at all. Now we have trust fund kids dressed in beacons closet with shit talking social scene mouths.

Posted by td | May 7, 2010 5:50 PM

What if Throbbing Gristle actually, you know, just sucked. Like really bad. And it has nothing to do with your straw man hater-hipster.

Some reunions are great, some good, and some, like that Throbbing Gristle disaster, are terrible.

Let's hope Swans is one of the good ones.

Posted by Anonymous | May 8, 2010 5:18 PM

Sonic Youth!

Posted by ROar | May 12, 2010 11:13 AM

Indecent Xposure and Pop Montreal are calling out for bands of all genres to apply for their Pop Montreal showcase in October!

Help spread the word!

Posted by Sara | May 12, 2010 7:11 PM

Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie were really good albums. Got them when they came out, still throw them on at times and think they're great. It saddens me when I hear bands from that era when I was a teenager and hear their new stuff and it's so clear how they've lost it, they sound desperate to recapture a sound/magic that they haven't had in 15 years (holy shit).... And then I realize that is not unlike a lot of us.

Posted by منتديات | January 21, 2011 8:05 PM

Posted by Anonymous | January 21, 2011 8:07 PM

Posted by الملتقى العربي | January 29, 2011 10:44 PM

you dave haters can go fuck yourselves. bonnaroo 2010 was 4 of the best days of my life. the DMB and JayZ headliners at the main stage were two of the best shows I've ever seen, musically and production speaking. 2011 'roo is going to be amazing. Phish headlining?

Posted by وظائف | January 30, 2011 3:34 PM

Posted by دردشة | February 1, 2011 10:12 PM

they also played at a place called Tramps in april '99 losers. with qotsa. where were you? you guys sound pretty angry? go listen to something hip. whatever the fuck you think that is. why does james iha need to be in the band for them to be good? that makes no sense. so the band changed lineups. oh well.

Posted by يوتيوب | February 5, 2011 12:21 PM

Posted by Anonymous | February 5, 2011 12:23 PM

Posted by صور | February 5, 2011 2:23 PM

Posted by Anonymous | February 5, 2011 2:25 PM

I'm not familiar with Deerhoof's music. Is it more rock-a-billy or folk rock? I saw that they were number one on college radio last month in Rolling Stone. I'll have to check them out. Thanks!

Sara Anderson, Internship Coordinator

Posted by Sara Anderson | February 16, 2011 10:50 AM

Posted by منتديات | February 16, 2011 3:33 PM

Posted by ازياء نسائية | February 16, 2011 3:36 PM

i think this picture talked about some thing public socil

Posted by ديكورات 2011 | February 16, 2011 3:38 PM

Posted by الرياض | February 28, 2011 2:07 AM

why does james iha need to be in the band for them to be good?

Posted by عهد المحبه | February 28, 2011 2:11 AM

Posted by عهد المحبه | February 28, 2011 2:12 AM

Looks like quite a solid line up. Looked like it was a great show!

Posted by Casual Summer Dresses | March 16, 2011 11:39 PM

Wish I could have been there, looks like it woulda been good.

Posted by Billy | March 28, 2011 12:34 AM

Pop Montreal 2010 was great - we were there last year and really rocked the Party. Look forward to Pop Montreal 2011 and what it will bring.

Posted by Fähren Reisen | April 1, 2011 6:23 AM

Love the show and the party. And yes, I am also looking forward for the next one and would never miss it. =]

Posted by kids waterproofs | April 9, 2011 12:27 AM

ohhh is so cold!! rigth now.. brr

Posted by Manuel | psicologos en df | June 19, 2011 5:58 PM

I've started a climate change project called proxEarth.org. Many people have blogs, websites, and use social software sites (social networking, social bookmarking, photo and video sharing, etc.). Some standards for tags and text on blogs, websites, and social software sites could turn the whole global Internet into a kind of Web 2.0 participation platform for climate change. I’m suggesting a few simple standards for tags and text that leverage processes of the sustainable ProxThink growth model. To get this going, we need people to adopt and use these standards. The project could also use contributors, collaborators, partners, funders and sponsors. To find out more, see:

Posted by ankara oto kiralama | July 4, 2011 3:59 PM

Do you know if they'll be holding it again this year??

Posted by Craigslist Cars | February 22, 2012 3:26 AM

Well most talented rock star died young because of one common cause. Drug Addiction. I don't http://www.dleelsite.com mean to judge but barely stating a factWell most talented rock star died young because of one common cause. Drug Addiction. I don't mean to
judge
but barely stating http://www.kss7.com a fact

Posted by xciix | April 12, 2012 5:46 AM

It actually helps me to discover pleasant and valuable information.

Posted by rhode island labor laws | April 18, 2012 3:42 AM