Posted in music | tour dates on May 3, 2010

by BBG

Primus
Primus

As the mustachioed one (Eugene Hutz) announced last week at Brooklyn Bowl, Gogol Bordello will hit the road for a string of dates with the great Primus, tagging Williamsburg Waterfront on 7/30 along the way. Tickets for the Brooklyn show go on sale Friday at noon with an AEG/Radio/venue presale kicking off at 10AM a day earlier.

The Waterfront show is less than two months after Primus bassist Les Claypool plays his own show at Brooklyn Bowl with Hot Head Show. Tickets are still available for the June 8th show, and the Wellmont Theater show three days before that.

Gogol Bordello's new album Trans-Continental Hustle is out NOW. Primus, Gogol Bordello and Les Claypool dates are below...

Primus - Frizzle Fry

8/10 Kansas City, MO Uptown Theatre %
8/12 Denver, CO Red Rocks %
8/13 Salt Lake City, UT The Rail %
8/21 Hasslet-Keiwit, Belgium Pukkkelpop Festival
8/27 Reading, UK Reading Festival
8/29 Leeds, UK Leeds Festival
All ** dates in June Gogol Bordello plays as support to Rage Against the Machine
All % dates in July/August are co-headlines with Primus
· All international club dates in May are under mini festival Casa Gogol. Mariachi El Bronx and Tres Leches Afterparty Sound Crew as support with more to be announced

in addition to water, the dudes in the front should toss out sticks of deodorant to the people upfront.

Posted by Anonymous | May 3, 2010 3:00 PM

My wet dream will come true...Cant wait for this ^^

Posted by Daniel Mazur | May 3, 2010 3:02 PM

who is playing drums for Primus? Herb quit again...

Posted by Anonymous | May 3, 2010 3:08 PM

Rumor is Primus sucks!

What a crazy show this is going to be! Some of the best shows I saw in the early 90's where Primus-fueled. I still don't know how I made it out of the crowd alive at Big Day Out'94 in Oz. The whole arena became a giant mosh pit during "Jerry was a Race Car Driver."

Posted by Red | May 3, 2010 3:10 PM

It's a shame the upcoming Waterfront shows look so great, because paying that much to drink booze in a segregated cow pen is not up for negotiation.

Posted by Anonymous | May 3, 2010 3:10 PM

Jay lane is drumming for Primus

Posted by Anonymous | May 3, 2010 3:12 PM

If we were able to smuggle bottles of vodka into APW, how hard can the Waterfront of Williamsburg be?

Posted by Anonymous | May 3, 2010 3:14 PM

Jay Lane is drumming for them

Posted by Anonymous | May 3, 2010 3:17 PM

I haven't seen Gogol Bordello open since the Manu Chao show. Will they be co-headliners?

Posted by Anonymous | May 3, 2010 3:20 PM

^^^doubt it. no offense to gogol but they dont exactly carry the same weight primus does...

Posted by Anonymous | May 3, 2010 3:38 PM

I agree, but what's strange is that GB doesn't need to open to play the Waterfront. They already played the pool. I guess in other markets, they are not that big of a draw.

Posted by Anonymous | May 3, 2010 3:51 PM

I have faith this will be a lot better than that Roseland show back in 06 (?). Wow, that was disappointing

Posted by Anonymous | May 3, 2010 5:11 PM

5:11--do you mean the "Sailing the Seas of Cheese" show? What didn't you like about it? It was my first time seeing Primus, so I have nothing to gauge by--but we loved it. I bet an outside show will be great.

Posted by Brian | May 3, 2010 5:19 PM

Not that one. It was the one a few years ago where the barrier broke after the 2nd song so they had to stop the concert for 15 min, so they played less than an hour total. Plus Les was really sick at the time. Rasputina opened and the crowd was pelting them with shit and just kept yelling at them to take their clothes off. Worst crowd I've ever been in. I think they were also throwing shit at Primus

Posted by Anonymous | May 3, 2010 6:23 PM

Primus=music for dumb as shit hot frat bros

Posted by Anonymous | May 3, 2010 6:31 PM

6:31pm - Please kill yourself

Posted by Anonymous | May 3, 2010 7:39 PM

^^born after 'frizzle fry' came out^^

Posted by Anonymous | May 3, 2010 7:40 PM

6:31 you're a fucking idiot

Posted by Anonymous | May 3, 2010 8:11 PM

Just bought my tickets. I can't fu*king wait for this show.

Posted by Anonymous | May 3, 2010 8:25 PM

Hey can you buy tickets for this at the Nokia Theater box office? I read you could for the Faith No More shows. Ticketmaster doesn't need my money.

Posted by Pervy Spacklerag | May 3, 2010 11:53 PM

at 11:53 the tix arent on sale w/ ticketmaster right now they are being sold via presale through music tody

Posted by Ken | May 4, 2010 7:44 AM

same day as Seu Jorge, comon Eugene....we need better planning than this.

Posted by Anonymous | May 4, 2010 9:38 AM

@ 9:38am lol yea cus Primus and Brazilian samaba artists totally draw the same crowds. hahaha

Posted by Anonymous | May 4, 2010 10:42 AM

who is opening for who?? i would rather see gogol last, but it doesnt matter to me. i would like to know since i just bought my tickets. saw gogol last week at electric factory. excellent!

Posted by peat | May 7, 2010 1:07 PM

I heard a rumor about Jay Lane drumming for them. (he's pretty hot. Primus should be VERY grateful if it's true. Cause he's among the top most wanted drummers.)

Posted by Dena | June 13, 2010 12:37 PM

They say doors open @ 5:30 - when does the thing start thou?

Posted by Rumbler | July 28, 2010 12:38 AM

Posted by mattbklyn | July 28, 2010 11:28 AM

As a guy who has seen Gogol at least 20 times (I know...loser) there is no argument that can be made for Primus to be opening for Gogol. None whatsoever. Next question?

/ Dr. Obvious

Posted by Anonymous | July 28, 2010 11:42 AM

yeah, any idea about set times? I cant find any info anywhere and theres no one to call!

Posted by Gina | July 29, 2010 4:40 PM

@ 11:28 - DUH. WTF did you think? lol the only band I have ever seen Primus open for in 20+ years is Rush and that was 1992.

Posted by Anonymous | July 30, 2010 9:35 AM

Wondering too about set times. Faith No More went on around 8 when they played a couple weeks ago, and I think they have a 10pm curfew. I'm shooting to be there by 7...

Posted by john | July 30, 2010 2:29 PM

Primus opened up for U2 in '92. That must have been strange.

Posted by Anonymous | July 30, 2010 3:34 PM

Weezer went on after 8 and played until 9:30-9:45. There's a 10pm curfew for the venue.

Posted by Anonymous | July 30, 2010 3:36 PM

are they playing any RUSH covers tonight? YYZ please!!!

Posted by Anonymous | July 30, 2010 8:26 PM

"Primus opened up for U2 in '92. That must have been strange."

Not really. Seeing Primus play at Yankee Stadium was much stranger than them opening for U2. Maybe they'll play some of Kashmir tonight. I saw them do that years and years ago.

Posted by Anonymous | July 30, 2010 9:04 PM

YEAH ...the Bedford Ave L-Train STOP was ALL retro from back in Wood-Stock Days....selling so Much JUNK crowding the Walk-ways & Bicycles & MORE Bicycles everywhere U Turn....On Every Meter on Every Sidewalk!!!
And Cops Walking around Giving Out TICKETS for drinking.....
and SCALPERS selling already Scanned Seats!!! The Nerve!! like $45 -$60
So i got there about 7:40PM and analyzed the GATE & the Scanners & found the Weak-Link and Just WALKED Right Thru w/NO TICKET!!
I've Been doing that for MANY Concerts!
You need Finesse & Confidence & PERFECT Timing!!
Hopped over concrete WALL to my Right & was on SIDE of Stage as GOGOL BORDELLO was thanking everybody.....Went BACK to entrance Of Stage from the BACK and saw Members of His Band Exit Stage Left!
and I ENTERED the Back-Stage and was gonna sit by the Speakers but then i thought why not get a spot in the Front-row......
The SMELL of WEED & too Many REAL Young looking Slackers & Preppies !!!
I was trying to get a Breeze & by the 4th song (DAMN TWEEKERS) the PIT Exploded into MAJOR Slamming!! Lots of Sweat & people PUSHING thru to the Front!
GASPING for Fresh Air & Some God-Damn SPACE i realized by Song's End i wound up BACK in the 60th Row!!!
Every-Time I reached to LEAN on Somebody their Shirt Was DRIPPING Sweat & Naked Guys ALL Smelly!!
I should Have STAYED Back-Stage by the Speakers Some-Where!
LES really commented about the Back of Venue & the Sky-Line.
AT one Point they Had Bluesy Guitars & i thought it was DAZED & CONFUSED!
REAL upset about the SHORT Encore......TOO MANY PUPPIES~~~~~~~~
Did get FREE PiZZA & Watermelon Juice & CORN on COB & Ice-Cream when the Vendors were shutting Down at about 10:15PM.
I want to see RHCP & Soundgarden at Chicago Lollapalooza next!
Are U coming w/me ?
NOTE: Radio City Music Hall & FRIZZLE FRY Entire Album was Last time I saw PRIMUS!!

Posted by kvq1999 | July 31, 2010 5:57 PM

Sailing the seas of hummus

Posted by Anonymous | July 31, 2010 6:26 PM

Fans! take a look at Gogol's new music video!

Posted by Brittany | August 4, 2010 8:27 PM

Gogol bordello was the most annoying band ive ever seen live, they cant write songs for shit. Its all repetive chants Borat style. You all know its true. Also Les threw a hissy fit when a plastic beer bottle was thrown on stage, hitting nothing. People drove for hours just to see Primus and he punishes the whole audience by dipping out early. So so so dissapointed...

Posted by Juice | August 6, 2010 1:21 PM