Posted in music on May 19, 2010

Stone Temple Pilots played a show at Gramercy Theatre in NYC last night (5/18)

Alice in Chains play one in Glens Falls, NY tonight, at Monmouth University in NJ tomorrow (5/20), and in Camden with Stone Temple Pilots on Sunday (tickets are still on sale).

In September, Alice in Chains go on tour with Deftones and Mastodon. Tickets go on Citi presale at 10am for the show happening at MSG (try password = 546616) (or use your Citi card).

STP Gramercy setlist below...

setlist

Lounge Fly
Sex Type Thing

Dead & Bloated
Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart

This show was 50 bucks a ticket, and they only manage a 17 song setlist, ripoff

Posted by Anonymous | May 19, 2010 10:06 AM

Gross. Lots of new stuff.

Posted by Anonymous | May 19, 2010 10:14 AM

Rip off? You expected something else?

Posted by anon | May 19, 2010 10:21 AM

Yeah that is not bad for a small venue when they can easily sell larger venues at similar prices..

Posted by Anonymous | May 19, 2010 10:32 AM

Stone Mehple Pilots

Posted by Anonymous | May 19, 2010 10:45 AM

at what point did stp become remotely repectable? bruce/sting/gaga/bassey/etc @ carnegie doesnt rate a single mention but these fuckers do?

Posted by Anonymous | May 19, 2010 10:54 AM

i dont care how big or small the venue is with a catalog like stp's they shoudl be playing more than 17 songs at that ticket price. At least if i see pearl jam for 80 bucks they give me a 30 song setlist

Posted by Anonymous | May 19, 2010 11:00 AM

Tickets to see them at the Borgata last year were $95/ea - for the venue size and all things considered I didn't think $50 was too outrageous...but I'm also used to paying out the ass for tickets.

Anyway, show was good - Weiland wasn't even messed up on anything, didn't seem. My buddy also noted that he put on a few healthy lbs and doesn't look like an emaciated addict anymore...so...they have that going for them.

Posted by Funderburgh | May 19, 2010 11:01 AM

They should play way more from Tiny Music

Posted by Anonymous | May 19, 2010 11:17 AM

50 bux to see legends in a venue the size of my apt. Wtf were u tools expecting. And when the hipster n00bs come out and question the term "legends" just know that weiland as a front man crushes about 98% of the leads out there right now-when he hasnt blown a QP of H that is

Posted by Anonymous | May 19, 2010 11:44 AM

Pretty sick setlist.

Posted by Anonymous | May 19, 2010 11:48 AM

@11am -

PJ show last night was awesome, can't wait for MSG thur & fri. $80 cab ride later I managed to catch the end (last 6 songs) of STP, which was night and day from the PJ show but great nonetheless.

I'll always happily pay $80 for a PJ show whenever they're around - best touring band out of the last 20yrs that consistently delivers to their fans and never disappoints live.

Posted by Funderburgh | May 19, 2010 12:47 PM

I regret missing the ticket sale by a few hours. Looks like a good setlist in a small venue at a reasonable price. Would love see pics.

Posted by Anonymous | May 19, 2010 12:52 PM

To all the whiners and complainers on this blog:

I don't know what show you saw, but what I witnessed was another great LIVE performance by STP!

$50 to see a band of STP's caliber in that venue is a steal! Are you that cheap ?

A 17 song setlist is reasonable. If you called ahead, you would had known that they were only scheduled to play a little over an hour yet they played about 1 1/2 hrs.

Bow down for a band that's been around for about 20 years and still knows how to rock. Before complaining, let's hear your discography.

Posted by Anonymous | May 19, 2010 2:13 PM

Right on 2:13. Good times at a nice venue. I love the downward sloping floor there!

Scott Weiland is still one of the most compelling individuals working in rock today.

Posted by Tin Lizzie | May 19, 2010 3:50 PM

STP? Local H Local H Local H.

Posted by J | May 19, 2010 3:54 PM

Funderbergh: best touring band out of the last 20yrs that consistently delivers to their fans and never disappoints live...

Really? I think Phish might have something to say about that...

Posted by Anonymous | May 19, 2010 4:19 PM

AMEN, Tin Lizzie, AMEN !

Posted by Anonymous | May 19, 2010 10:16 PM

@4:19 -

1) weren't they on hiatus or broken up for like 5yrs??? gotta count that against them as I'm pretty sure it bummed out a lot of fans for quite a while.
2) can't say I'm a fan of Phish anyway, so my opinion/vote here still goes to PJ. I just don't anywhere near enough drugs to appreciate/understand Phish.

Posted by Funderburgh | May 19, 2010 10:43 PM