Posted in music | venues on May 20, 2010

Acheron

New Bushwick show space The Acheron (57 Waterbury St, Brooklyn) is up and running. The kick off show there was last Saturday with Tournament, Wizardry and NT. This Friday night (5/21) the space is hosting a free late-night Trash Talk show presented by Brooklyn Vegan. Rounding out that bill will be La Dispute, Cerebral Ballzy and Psychic Limb. To get there, take the L train to Montrose (walk one block east of Bushwick Ave b/w Scholes and Meserole).

The current schedule for the space is posted below...

The Acheron schedule

Brooklyn Vegan & 1000 Knives Presents:
Trash Talk
La Dispute
Cerebral Ballzy
Psychic Limb
Friday night, May 21st 11:30 pm all ages! FREE!!

-----------------------------------------

Alert
RazorXFade
Bloodtype
Outlast
Caught in a Crowd
Sunday, May 23rd 8pm ALL AGES

-----------------------------------------

Seraphim
Altered State
Divider
Colony
Thursday , May 27th 8pm ALL AGES

-----------------------------------------

haunted hotel and crust massacre gig present:
MASSGRAVE (vancouver, BC)
ATAKKE
HOG (durham, NC)
Friday, June 4th 8pm $10 ALL AGES
this show is dedicated to the memory of Lee Altomare

---------------------------------------

Architects of the Aftermath (OH)
+2 TBA
Saturday, June 5th 8pm ALL AGES

----------------------------------------

POLLUTION
WHITE LUNG
CRAZY SPIRIT
CERVIX
Friday, June 18th 8pm $10 ALL AGES

-----------------------------------------

Hardcore Gig Volume presents
CEREMONY
SKIN LIKE IRON
After party for the EDDY CURRENT SUPPRESSION RING/PISSED JEANS show!!
Saturday, June 19th 11pm $10 ALL AGES

Tags: Acheron, Bushwick

Fuck YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | May 20, 2010 6:47 PM

The bands for all these shows have hilarious names.

Posted by Anonymous | May 20, 2010 7:25 PM

hilarious names or not, helluva booking job. great shows so far...

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2010 1:32 AM

is this Bushwick Music Studios? If not, its gotta be right next door or something

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2010 10:18 AM

Yeah I think Bushwick Music Studios is 55 Waterbury Street, but then again that Alert show was scheduled for Bushwick Music Studios and it's listed under Acheron here. I dont know, the place is tiny either way. The Trash Talk and Ceremony shows will be chaos.

Posted by GregBX | May 21, 2010 12:02 PM

the place has been rebuilt and sounds great

Posted by Anonymous | May 21, 2010 5:54 PM

ok, i love the sound of this venue, I used to work here as well - when it was Bushwick Music Studios.

BUT: THE ACHERON SUCKS ASSS! don't play there or frequent it as an establishment of choice. As much as I love the sound of the venue, they are purely corporate hacks!! Disguised as hardcore insiders. They dragged ME out for moshing. I'm 4'11" and they literally kicked and dragged me the fuck OUT! So I say fuck off!

I have two scraped knees to show for it. I hate hardcore bands cause they bore me to death and I thank god for the Beauty Apes who played a short but killer set. In the end PUNK, HARDCORE AND NOSTALGIC MASTURBATION IS DEAD!

Posted by Kchord | August 2, 2010 1:52 AM

Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie were really good albums. Got them when they came out, still throw them on at times and think they're great. It saddens me when I hear bands from that era when I was a teenager and hear their new stuff and it's so clear how they've lost it, they sound desperate to recapture a sound/magic that they haven't had in 15 years (holy shit).... And then I realize that is not unlike a lot of us.

Posted by منتديات | January 22, 2011 8:01 AM