Posted in comedy | music | tour dates on June 17, 2010

Blitzen Trapper @ Bonnaroo (hshuldman)
Blitzen Trapper

Blitzen Trapper's current tour brought them through Bonnaroo, and to Webster Hall in NYC last night (6/16). Tonight, 6/17, they'll appear on Letterman, but first you can catch them live as the special musical guest at Celebrate Brooklyn's free ($3 suggested donation) comedy show in Prospect Park. Also appearing tonight at the bandshell: comedians: Eugene Mirman, Michael Showalter, John Hodgman, Jerry Minor, Kumail Nanjiani, and Janeane Garofalo. The show starts at 8pm. Gates open at 7.

anyone know what time blitzen trapper goes on? are they playing a full set? don't care so much about the rest...

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2010 11:45 AM

The rest of the stuff will be better...

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2010 11:54 AM

So awesome. love me some Blitzen Trapper.

Posted by Burg | June 17, 2010 12:19 PM

I had high hopes for last night, but the show was pretty boring. I've bought their last 3 albums and it's all getting to sound the same now. The crowd was almost as boring as the band- a real law school group if I've ever seen one, and believe me, I have.

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2010 12:21 PM

Well ... hoping I'll have a better experience in this venue. I can deal with boring lawyers when i am in my lawn chair....I think

Posted by Burg | June 17, 2010 12:37 PM

Is that Kurt Vonnegut's illegitimate son?

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2010 1:02 PM

I WISH I had been near the boring lawyers... it was pretty hard to enjoy the show with the yammering idiots next to us. Why bother even going to see a band if you're just going to yell over the music the entire time??

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2010 2:26 PM

Herewith please find my client's demand for you to cease and desist the defamatory comments of and concerning the aforementioned "boring lawyers."
Boring lawyers are people too. We have feelings.

Posted by ev | June 17, 2010 2:49 PM

pretty good imho. some of the new songs are too focused on the lead singer tho

and the crowd was a lil boring

Posted by anon | June 17, 2010 3:10 PM

i was at that show last night. i had never heard any of bt's music before, and i thought they were good/almost great. not bad for a first ever experience. i see alot of groups/people play, and these guys were better than most, complex, but accesible tunes, really well played, pro stuff. great harmonies and guitar leads. def diff than most other one beat junk these horrible music days. anyone seeing them for free tonight should feel like they got their money's worth. as for the crowd, i was suprised how into it everyone was. i'd never even heard of them before, for crissakes! laywers my arse. i actually thought there were hotter than usual chicks. what was that other guy lookin at anyway?

Posted by bwaynester | June 17, 2010 3:19 PM

That's funny, I was there last night with my attorney friend (no joke) and he was probably singing the loudest and dancing the most of anyone around us. Maybe the boring people were accountants?

I wasn't really familiar with their music beforehand but they sounded great. Very tight live.

Posted by Anonymous | June 17, 2010 5:37 PM

how to have a successful school year ... umm come less under the radar ... always try to be in the good books but dont make that to obvious or you'd make others jealous. yeap i think those are the basics!

Posted by دروس فوتوشوب | June 20, 2010 6:37 PM

this old man's song make me feel so good ~!

Posted by louis | July 9, 2010 12:25 PM