Posted in music | tour dates on June 11, 2010

The Flaming Lips in Poughkeepsie in April (more by Ryan Muir)
The Flaming Lips

Remember the five Spin 25th Anniversary shows announced in March? Here they are:

7/26 - Smashing Pumpkins @ Terminal 5
7/27 - The Flaming Lips @ Terminal 5
7/28 - The Black Keys @ Terminal 5 (a late show)
7/29 - The National @ Terminal 5
7/30 - Spiritualized playing Ladies and Gentlemen in its entirety @ Radio City Music Hall
A ZYNC/AmEx ticket presale for all five shows IS GOING ON NOW (started at 10am). Public sale happens Monday, June 14th at 11am. That is exactly consistent with the on-sale info Spiritualized posted with the previous announcement for this Radio City show, and with the on-sale info posted with the "Smashing Pumpkins" announcement. The Smashing Pumpkins Terminal 5 show is part of a string of "intimate" shows Billy Corgan and band are playing in July.

The Spin shows are sponsored by American Express Zync, just like the National @ BAM show that happened in May.

The National have other dates (including Radio City June 16th) coming up. The Flaming Lips and the Black Keys both play Central Park SummerStage around the time of the T5 shows. In fact, the July 28th T5 show is late show following one of the Black Keys SummerStage shows.

Some related recent videos below...

The Flaming Lips Intro at The Free Press Summer Fest 2010 (June 6)

The Flaming Lips EXCLUSIVE Interview w/ Wayne Coyne from The Stage TV!

Drunk Hill Climb FAIL Houston Summerfest 2010 Flaming Lips

The National - Mr. November (Live Directors Cut)

The National - Bloodbuzz Ohio (Live Directors Cut)

TERMINAL FIVE FUCKING RULZZZZ!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 10:22 AM

Rather see F Lips and The Black Keys are the Summerstage!

Screw you Bowery Presents!

T5 blows!

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 10:25 AM

PIT ROW BBB for SPIRITUALIZED!

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 10:27 AM

Just scored row BB also for Spiritualized, will be EPIC

Posted by Genius of the Crowd | June 11, 2010 10:29 AM

TERMINAL 5 HAS THE WORST SITE LINES IN THE COUNTRY, FUCK THAT!!

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 10:29 AM

the national play TOO MANY SHOWS! you guys just make me feel like shit each time i miss one. plus they're too expensive.

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 10:30 AM

Where can I get a ZYNC. It seems like the coolest credit card of all time.

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 10:31 AM

Seriously, Zync sounds AMAAAAAZINGG!!!

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 10:32 AM

Pit AAA for Spiritualized

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 10:33 AM

spin really really really REALLY sucks

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 10:37 AM

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 10:40 AM

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 10:40 AM

fuck the haters...national and flaming lips at t5? dope

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 10:44 AM

Does anyone think Wayne and the lead singer of Passion Pit are starting to look like long lost brothers?

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 10:46 AM

"that Spiritualized show is gona suck from the pit, you wanna be front center balcony for that one"

Hey, you are a very stupid person. Dare i say an idiot.

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 11:00 AM

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 11:03 AM

"i agree about not wanting to be literally in the first few rows at spirtualized. you don't want to be in the first 3 or 4 rows for sure. the show is just too big. but beyond that - i'd want to be close as fuck."

Join your idiot buddy above in being clueless about this show and Radio City. Being in the pit for shows there is incredible. Even the biggest of shows. Sound is perfect and for this show it will be sort of mind blowing.

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 11:08 AM

Pit at Radio City is awful.

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 11:16 AM

"Seriously now, how can we get this venue shutdown? Too many good acts are getting booked here. Where did they play before this shithole existed???"

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 11:19 AM

People complaining about the pit at Radio City made me laugh. Thanks.

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 11:19 AM

Terminal 5? More like Urinal Jive, am i right?

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 11:19 AM

stoked for the national at terminal 5!

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 11:20 AM

i don't know, i've seen some of my favorite concerts at T5

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 11:20 AM

@11:19, I know, right. You can simply dismiss these schmucks. They are clueless. Trust me, these same people are the ones who go to shows at Madison Square Garden, sit in the 300-400 levels and comment later that the show was "epic". Same people who tell everyone that Terminal 5 is actually a great venue to see a show.

Basically dummies

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 11:23 AM

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 11:25 AM

I feel sad...BV please put a button on here so we can edit postings..my bad..

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 11:28 AM

20 some odd comments and nothing about Billy and his pumpkins.

I'm impressed.

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 11:30 AM

Has anyone seen the movie Splice yet? The Splice looks just like Billy Corgan. Seriously. Basically a bald headed turd who turns by himself with scrub musicians and calls it Smashing Pumpkins. Billy Corgan is the Axl Rose of the grunge world.

Posted by Heavy Street | June 11, 2010 11:30 AM

The SP Beacon show was an experience I suppose, but not something I need to experience again. Them playing all new songs that he says are "psychedelic" in nature I don't think I will be that into. Also it would be cool if he was playing with Matt Walker (from Filter) as a drummer, not too into this new kid.

Posted by Genius of the Crowd | June 11, 2010 11:36 AM

"I feel said for someone who can't enjoy a show from the 300-400 levels of MSG. If you don't think that there has been epic shows that people could enjoy from the rafters in the 40 years of MSG history you are basically a dummy.."

Hahahahahahahaha

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 11:48 AM

11:48 I am glad we are in agreement that 11;23 is a moron! Finally someone with common sense!

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 11:59 AM

11:59, you mistake someone mocking your idiotic comment at 11:25 and you have the nerve to call someone else a moron?

Rock on in the 400 levels, loser. You and your bro buddies.

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 12:10 PM

Yes. You're right I stand corrected...11:23 is not a moron...he is a idiot and a snob...better?

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 12:12 PM

hey fuckhed yelling at people about the pit at radio city - it's a huge 30 person show Spirtualized is putting on. How the fuck A) do you think you'll be able to take all that in from that vantage point (as much will be above you in back in of the stage, and B) the mix will be monitor heavy - not the proper mix coming from the speakers.
But hey, be the idiot super close there. I'll be loving the show from my 8th row seats which WILL be perfect.

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 12:14 PM

I do agree being a little further back helps with perspective...I saw a show front row at Beacon once and it was no good..Stage was to high from the front row and couldn't see the back of the stage..4 row is optimal I would guess.

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 12:15 PM

12:10 get the stick out of your ass and let loose. You are probably one of those type who go to a concert with your arms folded sulking..enjoy yourself and quit being a bitch!

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 12:19 PM

12:12...12:10 is a troll, don't mind him..

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 12:27 PM

o snap- he called him a bro!

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 12:47 PM

are the lips playing dark side of the moon?

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 1:18 PM

So ahhh...Smashing Pumpkins, huh? That's kinda cool. Used to fucking love that band.

Posted by The Dude | June 11, 2010 1:27 PM

1:27..I think a lot of us did..

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 1:36 PM

"Terminal 5? More like Urinal Jive, am i right?"
YOU ARE RIGHT.

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 1:45 PM

I'd rather sit in the back than next to Zync bros.

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 1:55 PM

Ahh so good to see bros backing up other bros on here. You know nothing morons.

@12:12 Oh that was a great comeback Mr. Clever. What is next from you "I Know you are but what am i"

@12:15 We are talking about Radio City, not Beacon. Each venue is different.

@12:14 Hey stupid, I have been to about 20-25 shows at Radio City this year alone. How many have you been to there this year you stupid fuck. Most of those shows I have been in the pit or in the first couple of rows back. Pit at Radio City is wonderful. The sound is the best there and the view is overwhelmingly great. You are engulfed in it. So shut the fuck up you know nothing turd

@12:27 Wow, you called me a troll. Really hit me hard with that one, Bro. Don't get your jock in a bind. Relax, have another 20 beers and shout from upstairs in the garden with your fist raised high. You are cool.

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 1:58 PM

Terminal 5 is actually quite nice if you sit up on the balcony. The pit is horrendous, pushing, shoving, and oversold. But get in line 30 minutes prior to doors and grab a bar stool, a beer, and a spot by the railing and it's a damn fine evening to see the National.

And can we stop with the snobby MSG comments?

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 2:03 PM

Walk with your credit card in the air, bros.

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 2:09 PM

I agree 2:03...oh and 1:58 feeling a little defensive? Probably because you are alone in your beliefes...have fun in your party of 1!

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 2:11 PM

AHHHHH hahahaha,
1:58 here,

Oh so i am alone in my beliefs here, 2:11 huh? DId you take a poll? DO you speak for the BV community?

Yes you are right though. Everyone on here is universally agreed that Terminal 5 is a great venue to see a show.

Oops, er, wait a sec. You fucking dummy.

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 2:30 PM

2:30 we were talking about MSG dummy..and yes I did take a poll so now shut up...have a nice day!

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 2:32 PM

The only way the Flaming Lips will ever be interesting again is if they strip away all the nonsense and just go back to being a straight rock band. The Disneyland shtick is tired.

Posted by LKJ | June 11, 2010 2:34 PM

Posted by LKJ | June 11, 2010 2:39 PM

It is really sad though that a great blog like this devoted to music, live music and the love of it is diminished by people who care little about it or hearing it live in the best possible way.

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 2:39 PM

2:32 who was also 2:11, actually the conversation was about Radio City Music Hall and the pit. But your comment agreed with 2:03 who was talking about Terminal 5.
You might want to rethink calling anyone else dumb lol. Either that or get yourself into AA and stop the afternoon drinking binges.

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 2:43 PM

"How someone who correctly thinks hearing music in a giant echo filled arena like MSG is not very good is called a snob baffles me. "

Because if one truly loved a band, they would not have a problem seeing them at the Garden. I have never had a problem with it. You can call me not a tr00 music fan or whatever other nonsense you want to spew out of your ass, but you are still a snob, and I know I am not the only person here who wants you to kindly shut the fuck up.

Good day.

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 3:11 PM

@3:11, what you know could not fill a sack of potatoes you dumb shit. Just because you are willing to settle for less does not in fact make me a snob but you a moron.

Get a clue. Truth hurts i know.

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 3:51 PM

Team 1:58 FTW!!!

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 4:15 PM

lots of samefaggotry going on here

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2010 4:55 PM

I forgot Primus is playing the same night as Spiritualized...I'm going to have to pick Primus over Spiritualized. So now I have a pair of tix Pit AAA if anyone is interested - raydan7702 at gmail.com

Posted by Anonymous | June 12, 2010 12:35 AM