Posted in music | tour dates on June 2, 2010

Arcadefire.com

As promised, the ArcadeFire.com presale started at 10am this morning. It was too much for their servers to handle though... see above screenshot. Whether or not the NYC show was or is part of that presale... is sort of in question (now that the site it back up - I don't see it listed there).

That said, the above presale is not to be confused with the presales mentioned along with the NYC date ("Tickets for the NYC show go on AmEx presale June 9th, Fanclub presale June 10th and general sale on June 12th."). June 9th and 10th are presales that came with the NYC show information... which I assume are both Ticketmaster based (but maybe not)... and which were posted by me before the whole tour announcement... which included the news of the presale that started Wednesday at 10am.

LAME

Posted by Anonymous | June 2, 2010 12:58 PM

2010 = Arcade Fire. Hey Regine, sorry to hear about the Habs.

Posted by Heavy Street | June 2, 2010 12:58 PM

habaneros?

Posted by Anonymous | June 2, 2010 1:02 PM

I would have commented on this earlier, but my server was overcome by the level of MEH that I was feeling.

Posted by Anonymous | June 2, 2010 1:08 PM

It sounds like you're saying that there WAS a NYC presale on arcadefire.com this morning but there WAS NOT. This article is STILL confusing.

Posted by Anonymous | June 2, 2010 1:20 PM

1:20 -- did you read the second paragraph? NYC tickets June 9-10-12.

Posted by Anonymous | June 2, 2010 1:22 PM

brooklynvegan and the lost writers have teamed up to bring you an arcade fire presale.

my theory is arcade fire threw the presale because of the two upcoming presales. damn you smoke monster.

Posted by Anonymous | June 2, 2010 1:26 PM

i got through fine. nyc tickets weren't available during this presale.

Posted by Anonymous | June 2, 2010 1:27 PM

So what's the deal. Tickets for the Merriweather Post Pavillion never went up for presale. Ive been checking since 10 and it just skips over the date...

Posted by Anonymous | June 2, 2010 1:33 PM

according to their facebook postings, NYC and DC presale will only be available through TM
all other dates announced yesterday were on the listed shows in their site

Posted by Anonymous | June 2, 2010 1:40 PM

Re: 1:20 -- did you read the second paragraph? NYC tickets June 9-10-12.

I read the 2nd paragraph and I also read Merge's site that said:

Arcade Fire has announced its first U.S. headline dates since 2007’s Neon Bible tour. Pre-Sales will go live at arcadefire.com tomorrow at 10 AM EST for the following dates:

August 1 – Boston, MA – Bank of America Pavilion
August 2 – Philadelphia, PA – Mann Center for the Performing Arts w/ Spoon
August 4 – New York, NY – Madison Square Garden w/ Spoon
August 6 – Columbia, MD – Merriweather Post Pavilion w/ Spoon
August 9 – Nashville, TN – Ryman Auditorium
August 11 – Atlanta, GA – Verizon Wireless Amphitheater at Encore Park w/ Spoon

So I think we can all agree that someone is confused.

Posted by Anonymous | June 2, 2010 1:51 PM

will they add a second date?

Posted by Anonymous | June 2, 2010 2:06 PM

I disappointed with the ending

Posted by Anonymous | June 2, 2010 2:07 PM

To clear up a little something, NY was NEVER onsale at arcadefire.com today. I was refreshing all morning and it wasn't there. Whether it was ever supposed to be or not is the confusion. Merge said it would and neither they nor Arcade Fire has said anything to clear that up.

Posted by Anonymous | June 2, 2010 2:12 PM

Neither was the DC (Columbia, MD) show. What a pain.

Posted by Anonymous | June 2, 2010 2:28 PM

"manhattan, huh? We let you leave one island, you just go to another one."

Posted by tom | June 2, 2010 2:38 PM

Merriweather is NOT a Ticketmaster venue. Tickets for that show would be on sale at Ticketfly, although the show is not listed there yet.

Posted by Anonymous | June 2, 2010 3:51 PM

From Facebook about 40 minutes ago...

"Arcade Fire arcadefire.com DC & NYC pre-sales will happen sometime next week. We will keep post a new full post/update when the exact date & time for both are known. thanks for your patience everyone!"

Posted by Doug | June 2, 2010 4:02 PM

there are 2 types of people: those who, after reading this, want to go, and the ppl who hate them

Posted by Anonymous | June 2, 2010 4:03 PM

B O R I N G but in kind of a really hip way.

Posted by Anonymous | June 2, 2010 4:16 PM

What lies in the shadow of the statue?

Posted by Anonymous | June 2, 2010 4:27 PM

i dont want to see arcade fire in a fuckin arena

Posted by Anonymous | June 2, 2010 4:32 PM

Ille qui nos omnes servabit

Posted by he who shall save us all | June 2, 2010 6:24 PM

Does anyone think they will play other NYC tour dates?

Posted by Anonymous | June 8, 2010 11:29 PM

In conjunction with Midsummer Night Swing, the Young Patrons of Lincoln Center (YPLC) host an annual outdoor bash in Damrosch Park. Designed for young professionals in their twenties thr

Posted by شات الود | July 19, 2010 3:27 PM

Posted by منتديات الود | July 19, 2010 3:27 PM

fd ggfgdfgggg g g gf g

Posted by شات صوتي | August 8, 2010 2:28 AM

After canceling a November 16th performance at SUNY Purchase due to back problems, musician Dan Deacon has returned to full force. On Saturday, February 20th, the visiting alumnus played late into the night at the Stood Student Center [ed: pronounced "'st(y)ood"]. His set was jam-packed with the crowd participation he's well-known for. Turning the Stood into one massive dance party Deacon seemed at home among the current student body.

Posted by Wed | August 15, 2010 8:56 PM

I had the pleasure of seeing Voivod with Piggy twice and they blew my mind both times.... have to admit I was skeptical about Dan Mongrain but he completely shreds. He doesn't pull a copy cat note for note imitation, but it sounds 100 % Voivod...something I thought to be impossible without Piggy's genius

Posted by يوتيوب | October 23, 2010 8:42 PM

"I gots to tell y’all that when I heard the other day that the Bunnymen’s Ian McCulloch is writing his autobiography, I nearly shat my undies laughing so hard (good job I don’t wear any!); Ian Mac write a book? A man for whom completing a single song on his own is a struggle of Everest the Hard Way proportions is hardly going to write a book. Ian, I’m speechless at your continued arrogance in the face of no evidence whatsoever. In my opinion, you’ve been a dried-up shell of a husk of a man since just after OCEAN RAIN, so don’t embarrass us all with your ludicrous claims that you’re gonna write an autobiography. Two words… No Way. Writing a book involves discipline and hard work, two things you never nailed in the past and never will. As I heard it, you even said in the press that your book will be better than the Bible. Well, in two ways it may well be like the Bible: 1) it’ll be full of half-truths and outright lies, and 2) it’ll have been written by umpteen uncredited writers and you’ll name yourself solely as its author. There you go, dumkopf, I just handed you the map: don’t even bother buying yourself a pen, son; just do what you’ve always done throughout your career; get someone else to do most of the work then claim all the credit yourself. I even have a title already: MAC USER. And with that, I shall sweep off into the Beltane sunset. Yowzah!"

Posted by Loans | November 29, 2010 10:19 PM

Wonderful post and the location is beautiful and elegant in design and information and everything>>> to Favorites
Amazing is an enormous understatement. One of the best electronic shows I've ever been to and I've seen well over a thousand concerts. I had no idea Vladislav Delay was as good a drummer & percussionist as he is- fabulous and he kept everything swinging with a very unique style of playing. If you missed this you missed out big time...
===================

Posted by يوتيوب القمة | February 20, 2011 8:44 PM

If you are willing to buy real estate, you would have to receive the mortgage loans. Moreover, my father usually takes a credit loan, which is the most reliable.

Posted by SharleneHolt31 | December 8, 2011 3:12 AM