Posted in music | tour dates on June 1, 2010

Outside Lands 2009 (more by Chris Graham)
Outside Lands

San Francisco's Outside Lands Festival 2010 takes place in Golden Gate Park from August 14th-15th. Headlining acts for the fest include Kings of Leon, Furthur featuring Phil Lesh and Bob Weir, The Strokes, My Morning Jacket, Phoenix, Social Distortion, Levon Helm and Al Green. Other acts include Nas & Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley, The Budos Band, Dawes, Gogol Bordello, Cat Power Janelle Monáe and Tokyo Police Club. The full lineup (which will be added to) is below.

Two-day passes go on sale Tuesday, June 2nd at 1pm EST. Single day tickets go on sale Sunday, June 6th.

Check out pictures from all three days of Outside Lands 2009 (which as you may have figured out was one day longer than this year's).

A video trailer for this year's fest and the lineup is below...

2010 Outside Lands Lineup Remix

Vieux Farke Touré
Dawes
Nneka
The Soft Pack
The Whigs
Little Wings

why isnt my morning jacket playing roo?

Posted by Anonymous | June 1, 2010 6:57 PM

wow, this is kind of a terrible lineup.

Posted by Anonymous | June 1, 2010 7:00 PM

Congrats to Bonnaroo on no longer having the worst fest lineup of 2010!

Posted by Anonymous | June 1, 2010 7:03 PM

Great lineup! No Neon Indian bullshit or overhyped groups.
NICE

Posted by Anonymous | June 1, 2010 7:05 PM

I think this is a terrific lineup. Come on....Bassnectar, and Tokyo Police Club on the same bill?! I think it's pretty diverse.

Posted by Heavy Street | June 1, 2010 7:32 PM

yeah i think its great...does anyone know how much single day tickets are?

Posted by Anonymous | June 1, 2010 8:12 PM

wow, this is definitely the festival to miss. the shit far outweighs the good...not even debatable for me...only ones i wanna see would be al green and cat power...@ 7:08, you have some all around shitty taste, i am glad i don't know you

Posted by Anonymous | June 1, 2010 8:15 PM

@8:15 - Cat Power isn't good.

Posted by Anonymous | June 1, 2010 8:24 PM

furthur in golden gate park is the only reason to be there.

Posted by Anonymous | June 1, 2010 8:57 PM

gross

Posted by Anonymous | June 1, 2010 8:58 PM

I hate the term as much as anybody, but for once "meh" accurately describes something. Once the ticket prices are released (which will be incredible overpriced), this festival will go from "meh" to "you've got to be kidding me"

Posted by Anonymous | June 1, 2010 9:14 PM

this is Outside Lands third year, correct? this is a very weak lineup, kind of surprising. if I remember, the previous two years were pretty stacked.

Posted by Anonymous | June 1, 2010 9:37 PM

Hiii Everyone!
Please check out our original song!
Hope you can all enjoy it!
xoxo

Posted by Jay | June 1, 2010 9:41 PM

"Headlining acts for the fest include Kings of Leon, Furthur" just about says everything that needs to be said about this festival. Seeing the Strokes everywhere now though makes me pissed they didn't play Coach.

Posted by Anonymous | June 2, 2010 1:41 AM

This is actually really good lineup, not great, but good. All you douchers keep saying it sucks, but then talk about how great Cat Power is? Give me a fucking break. You go to this fest for the big names at the top of the list, and all of 'em are worth seeing. Suck it!

Posted by Anonymous | June 2, 2010 9:36 AM

Don't eat the brown acid. Hippies.

Posted by Anonymous | June 2, 2010 9:39 AM

arcade fire was rumored...woulda been nice to see them on the bill.

pass.

Posted by Anonymous | June 2, 2010 9:44 AM

Seriously?! This line-up is terrible. For one, I really cold care less about see either of the headliners. Yes, there are a handful of GREAT bands; bassnecter, al green, tokyo police club, and cat power. Besides that, ALMOST everything is aimed at emo teens or douches with tons of despensible income. I can't believe they couldn't even get a group like the gorillaz to sign on. Now that would have been worth the 75.00 dollar single day ticket. Looks like I'll be walking in for free again (2nd year in a row) to see the above bands.

Posted by james | June 3, 2010 3:21 PM

Well I went to Outside Lands 2010 as a photographer and had an absolute blast. Up close and personal with each of the artists for their first 3 songs. Too cool. However, not sure that I would have been happy had I paid...

I also did a photo essay on A Day as a Rock and Roll Photographer. http://www.adventuresofagoodman.com/blog/2010/08/16/rock-and-roll-photographer-for-a-day/

Posted by Greg | August 17, 2010 3:11 PM

Wonderful post and the location is beautiful and elegant in design and information and everything>>> to Favorites
Amazing is an enormous understatement. One of the best electronic shows I've ever been to and I've seen well over a thousand concerts. I had no idea Vladislav Delay was as good a drummer & percussionist as he is- fabulous and he kept everything swinging with a very unique style of playing. If you missed this you missed out big time...
===================