Posted in music | pictures on June 27, 2010

photos by Chris La Putt

Gay Pride Parade 2010

"New York's gay pride parade filled Manhattan's streets Sunday with thumping music, blaring whistles and thousands of marchers dancing and waving rainbow-colored flags.

The marchers included a group of Bergen County parents who joined the parade to support their gay and lesbian children.

"Thank you!" someone in the crowd lining Fifth Avenue yelled as the roughly 20 members of the Bergen County chapter of the Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays, or PFLAG, marched by. "I wish my parents were here!"" [NorthJersey.com]

More pictures from Sunday's parade, below...

Grand Marshal - Judy Shepard

Grand Marshal - Constance McMillen

Grand Marshal - Lt. Dan Choi

Senator Chuck Schumer

Congressman Anthony Weiner

Real Housewife Bethenny Frankel

gay

Posted by ro | June 27, 2010 10:19 PM

no homo

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2010 10:20 PM

Thanks BV for making me question my sexuality... again.

Posted by Venkman | June 27, 2010 10:21 PM

this is great and all but is homosexual culture all about wearing stupid costumes and looking like a total freak?

where's the group of gay corporate lawyers and bankers marching?

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2010 11:28 PM

This is still straighter than Empire of the Sun.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2010 11:29 PM

LMFAO @ these comments. :)

Posted by HAHAHAH | June 27, 2010 11:31 PM

Looks like Lady Gaga went through a shitload of costume changes.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2010 11:46 PM

Tiny red speedo + chain necklace = Win.

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2010 11:46 PM

"where's the group of gay corporate lawyers and bankers marching?"

Pretty sure you can find them in closets across the globe

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2010 11:52 PM

i see tities

Posted by Anonymous | June 27, 2010 11:57 PM

Wow, they sure do have a lot to be proud of.

Posted by Anonymous | June 28, 2010 12:28 AM

I heard Chuck Schumer was giving free rim jobs.

Posted by Hilary | June 28, 2010 1:19 AM

meh.. previous years were gayer.

Posted by Anonymous | June 28, 2010 1:44 AM

Which one are you in that first shot Bv?

Posted by Anonymous | June 28, 2010 3:58 AM

more lesbians please kthxbai

Posted by Anonymous | June 28, 2010 5:42 AM

no surprise that there was a Weiner sighting in this.

Posted by Anonymous | June 28, 2010 8:31 AM

Yes. what gay man wouldn't vote for a Weiner ?

Posted by Anonymous | June 28, 2010 8:36 AM

This is a great way for gay people to show the world they are just like everyone else! Thanks for helping the cause!

Posted by Anonymous | June 28, 2010 9:06 AM

Where was aMEHnda palMEHr?

Posted by Anonymous | June 28, 2010 10:29 AM

to the photographer: if you by chance have pictures of Montclair State University, can you send them to me? i dont care if they have watermarks to credit you or anything, i'd just like to find some, as it's VERY hard to take pictures of yourself when you're marching in the parade!!

Posted by leslove | June 28, 2010 10:48 AM

it was so hard to cross 5th avenue

Posted by Anonymous | June 28, 2010 10:54 AM

I am a guy and I want to bone aMEHnda palMERr, oh yesssssss.

Does that mean I am queer?

Posted by Anonymous | June 28, 2010 11:14 AM

Thanks for sharing these gorgeous pictures. For those of us who couldn't make it to the parade, these pics make us feel we're still there.

Posted by Dennis | June 28, 2010 11:32 AM

So excited to see these pics here. Nice job, BV.

Posted by Anonymous | June 28, 2010 12:11 PM

would love to hear the commentary/gossip/shit talking going on in this car. fierce.

Posted by Anonymous | June 28, 2010 1:13 PM

Great Pics!!!! I marched in the parade yesterday with my 13 year old, who supports her lesbian mom!! Cool Kid!! Surprisingly... I think some homophobics found these pictures on-line before I even did. Curious??????HHHmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Posted by PamM | June 28, 2010 4:33 PM

Posted by Anonymous | June 28, 2010 5:28 PM

It looks like a joyful, colorful, happy parade! I wish I could have attended, and watched in the sidelines, but it was way too hot for me, my partner of 17 years and our little elder dog. Too hot and sunny for older gays and lesbians to turn out at the parade. I am amazed so many older people did show up. I wondered if my nephew was in the parade or on the sidelines. I don't know. So many people are gay and lesbian and bi and it is more commonplace than not. It should be legal to marry and have all full rights nationwide. This is the most backward nation among many more progressive ones.

Posted by MsBonditt | June 28, 2010 5:38 PM

Dad?

Posted by Anonymous | June 28, 2010 5:42 PM

i like how poeple say, "is that what gays are known for is dressing up in stupid costumes and dressing like freaks". well if you gone to any kind of parade everybody is wearing some sort of costume. and yes there was more breast or fake breast hanging out and men in underwear than "normally" dressed clothed people(like i). a lot of people were wearing next to nothing because it was 90 something degrees with a high humidity and your standing out in the sun or walking down the route(which was 40 more city blocks). so it's only appropriate to run around in nothing but short shorts or a bathing suit or nothing at all. if you took the time to see the parade or browsing through pics on the internet you would see that there were other people dressed "normally" like the nypd, stonewall democrats, i'm a proud gay israeli, numerous different gay churches, gay bloggers, gay activists, and etc. i'm pretty sure if there was a group of gay lawyers or business men that want to make a group/society and enter the parade there wouldn't be an issue. and don't forget that not only as people or races and in this case homosexuals, we come in different spectrums. so what you might see as dressing up as freaks or in costume, that's who they are and that's what makes them happy. it's a time for fun and celebration so don't be a party pooper.

Posted by Anonymous | June 28, 2010 6:40 PM

p.s. i saw this old man of like late 80s, early 90s with black tights, black tank, an iv in his arm, liver spots, and a walker. he made my day and my life.

Posted by Anonymous | June 28, 2010 7:07 PM

By anychance do you a picture OF a majorette that was with Pflag on the parade. Did you take any picture of me. I was playing with the baton.

Thank you if you have one plase send me one .

Thnak you

Posted by Julio Cesar Meza | June 29, 2010 2:05 AM

All the pictures brought back so many good memories for me on my trips to NY and especially Fire Island for the Invasion on the 4th of July. So many of the drag queens I recognized from my last trip and even a couple of the hot guys in the Speedo's, especially the one that put the beads around my neck. I'm just a country bumpkin from west Texas, smack dab in the middle of nowhere and it's these kind of things that still give me hope for the gay world.

Posted by Carl | June 30, 2010 12:35 PM

I'm gay but to see this in those gay parade gives to the other people a bad impression of what we are as gays. because we don't show anything that is intelligence in this parades. It true that you show talent and creativity, but is not enough for what the other societies want to see for us. What we show in here is perversion and sexuality and that is not only all in the life of humans. That si why the people in the government will not a prove alaw for gay marriage.

Posted by emperorny | July 4, 2010 4:09 PM

Perverted faggots & carpet munchers rubbing their pervertedness in NYC's face. You guys are gay! Ok, we get it! Now STFU

I think I'm gonna puke. You people make me sick!

Posted by Anonymus | October 8, 2010 1:54 AM

I love how this was bumped for no reason, other than to have some idiot just come up and go "UGGGHHHHHH! I uncomfortable around The Gays! AAAAAAAA! No! Mommy! Help ME!"

You seriously need to be fondled awkwardly.

Posted by Anonymous | October 8, 2010 3:12 AM

This is absolutley disgusting, and to think that people bring their children to these events.....wrong on so many levels!

Posted by Anonymous | October 11, 2010 7:32 PM

This makes me proud to be lesbian. :) I get a lot of shit at my high school (where I'm a freshmen) and my family is embarrassed by my sexuality, but: I'M A LESBIAN AND I'M PROUD!!

Posted by Lazy Robot Child | November 19, 2010 5:41 PM

Ok................im gay and understand gay pride, but...........not all gays go about dressed like half of them in these pictures, i know its all about being yourself, but at time is this not how gays get bad mouthed or names for themselves.....?

Each to there own i suppose, but as i said everyone has this images of what gays should look like or are, and were nto al like this!!

Posted by Darren | April 7, 2011 5:19 AM

why don't we have straight pride parades?

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2011 4:58 AM

As Forest Gump would say.... Just Like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get until you bite into them.

Mostly Nuts Here !

Posted by BooBoo | November 8, 2011 10:23 PM

yo i wish i was fuqn there dude that shit looked raw af lmao,,, i wish i was ther!

Posted by brianna benitez | April 23, 2012 2:32 PM

On the surface? exotic dress and appearance, by now, may be a lot of show off and artifice. But at core, there is a valid statement claiming simply I AM NOT LIKE YOU. Not better nor worse, but certainly NOT LIKE. "Science" has finally gotten sophisticated enough to discover that whatEVer makes a person "gay" happens in the womb. Politically and socially, a Gay person is just an individual, a "citizen," living an assignment by Nature to play a role unlike "Yours." The "yours" know who you are. Exotic behavior and antics are in effect tactics, expressions of individuals "fighting for their lives." One day, after countless generations of lives lived under suspicion and tyranny, the battle they fight will see it's last day.. and the implements of war may be melted down.. to build the world Nature intends, the only future for us there is.

Posted by Freddy Rattler | March 1, 2013 2:09 PM