Posted in music on July 9, 2010

Phosphorescent's management and label are offering a $5000 for the return of Phosphorescent's stolen gear, or $1000 to anyone that provides a tip that leads them to the return. Contact phosphorescentgearfund@gmail.com if you know anything!

Rather keep the equipment.

Posted by Anonymous | July 9, 2010 6:54 PM

i am going to put it all on ebay and you can bid on it.

Posted by Anonymous | July 9, 2010 11:54 PM

for any one in a touring band insure your gear. https://www.musicproinsurance.com/default.aspx

$20,000 of coverage is less then $400 a year.

Posted by Anonymous | July 10, 2010 1:09 AM

is the tour continuing?

Posted by Anonymous | July 10, 2010 1:35 AM

Phosphorescent bro was getting beej in the Pencil Factory bathroom while his shit got ripped off. I've got proof.

Posted by Anonymous | July 10, 2010 1:51 AM

Wow. Never heard of someone so proud about their jizz-stained teeth.

Posted by Anonymous | July 10, 2010 3:54 AM

@ 1:09 I'd like to think there are reasonable insurance choices - though I'd want to be sure there wasn't some kind of "vehicle exclusion clause".

Sorry to hear that the band is dealing with having this total stress and loss.

Posted by Anonymous | July 10, 2010 6:09 AM

here’s to taking it (it being P-boy’s gear) easy, hehhehheh

Posted by gimme | July 10, 2010 10:39 AM

Can brooklyn vegan change it's name to suppressed frat boy trust fund 17 year old idiot"s ? cause that seems to encompass your audience or at least those who leave comments

Posted by Anonymous | July 10, 2010 12:40 PM

Dottie: Pee-wee, how are you ever going to pay a reward like that?
Pee-wee: It's simple. Whoever returns the bike is obviously the person who stole it. So they don't deserve any reward!

Posted by Crosseyed Sniper | July 10, 2010 2:18 PM

Who the hell leaves 40k worth of equipment in a van overnight. I literally walk back to my car if I think I may have left a quarter or a pack of smokes out in the open. Not surprised at all.

Posted by Anonymous | July 10, 2010 5:00 PM

"I'd like to think there are reasonable insurance choices - though I'd want to be sure there wasn't some kind of "vehicle exclusion clause"."

Is there a vehicle exclusion clause in that insurance website's policy? I'm thinking of getting insurance through them but don't want to go through with it if that's the case.

Posted by Anonymous | July 10, 2010 7:52 PM

1:09 can't answer your question. He just wants to be a dick and blame the band anonymousely in these comments for not having insurance.

Really, you little guppie jackasses are going to start up again saying it was the bands' fault?

Brooklyn Vegan commenters have an incredible ability to make me want to reach into the monitor and slap the shit out of them.

I only wish there was a day where we all knew what some of you looked like at shows. Or your real names suddenly became attached to your past comments.

Good luck to the band.

Posted by Anonymous | July 10, 2010 8:39 PM

@7:52 PM my comment above putting "vehicle exclusion clause" in quotes was my way of saying insurance companies have a way of finding fine-print excuses to decline coverage and was my shorthand consumer advise to "read the fine print".

Yes, this does not help what is in the past and I feel badly that the band had this gear theft happen.

Posted by me from 6:09 PM | July 10, 2010 9:36 PM

Thanks for the clarification - if anything, this theft has made me that much more aware of insuring my equipment!

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2010 3:03 AM

I believe there was a line for the Pencil Factory BJ's.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2010 4:43 AM

Clarion also specializes is musical instrument insurance. It costs me about $230 a year for $27k worth of equipment.

Posted by Anonymous | July 11, 2010 11:48 PM