Posted in music | pictures on July 25, 2010

photos by Chris La Putt

the race to Brooklyn Bowl
No Age

Chris got to Williamsburg Waterfront today just as they were making the announcement that things were moving to Brooklyn Bowl due to the rain. He, along with more people than could fit in the new venue, then raced to the new spot. He made it in, but only stayed for No Age who went on at 5:30. After that he left to make room for someone else who might want to catch Cap'N Jazz and Lightning Bolt more than him.

The rest of the show (which is still happening as this is being typed) is safe in Leia's hands (photographically speaking). Chris's pictures continue below...

announcing the move to Brooklyn Bowl during the DeathSet's set

the new set times
05:30 No Age
06:45 Cap'n Jazz
08:30 Lightning Bolt
10:00 TheDeathSet
11:00 Hussle Club (afterparty band)

chris meh mehtt

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2010 8:19 PM

hipsters being herded like sheep. hah! i love it.

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2010 8:19 PM

if you read this blog, you're a hipster (stupid).

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2010 8:28 PM

If you vehemently deny being a hipster, you're a hipster.

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2010 8:29 PM

listening to cap'n jazz and crying that I'm not at this or the maxwell's show

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2010 8:35 PM

wahhhhhh I cant stand in the rain or my cosby sweater will get ruined. wahhhh. it's too hot. it's too wet. just goto shows and shut up.

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2010 8:36 PM

Remember that time TV on the Radio played the pool after a rainstorm. That was pretty great.

What happened to you Brooklyn?

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2010 8:37 PM

@ 8:36 I don't hear one person complaining so chill da fok out

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2010 8:40 PM

why are those assfucks wearing sunglasses???? its purple inside, dick!

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2010 8:49 PM

actually, yeah, i just remember being at a hold steady pool party a few years ago in a thunderstorm. so i guess the shows went on at mccarren.

speaking of which, i don't think there's been any mccarren construction progress in two years. great work all around.

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2010 8:53 PM

"

What happened to you Brooklyn?"

And the Walkmen rocked it out in pouring rain a couple years back. I thought these were rain or shine with the exception of lightning

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2010 9:00 PM

it was perfect weather by 4pm. jelly just needed their own drake-esque fiasco so they were quick with the cancellation. fuck them up their stupid asses

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2010 9:04 PM

One of the best outdoor shows I've seen in NYC was back in 2000 when Jonathan Richman and Randy Newman played Summerstage in the rain. Most of the crowd left and Randy didn't interrupt his set or cut it short. I guess times have changed. Anyone else remember Spoon at Battery Park in the rain during the Ga x 5 tour? Another show that wasn't stopped by the weather.

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2010 9:28 PM

There was more than enough room in there. The cops and doormen were nothing but liars and it's a shame some people fell for it. When most of the people that stuck around who waited from about 3pm to 4:40 or so, it was surprising just how much space was in there. It sucked knowing a lot of people could have and should have stayed and missed out.

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2010 9:29 PM

yeah - it's the doormen's fault.

#fuckujellynycstreetteam

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2010 9:31 PM

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2010 9:32 PM

look at your hilarious copy and paste double post.

#fuckyoujellynycstreetteam

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2010 9:40 PM

guys, there are fire codes. it might have looked relatively empty inside (and this is true), but there's a reason you don't pack the place to the point where nobody can move. unless you want another market hotel situation. shit, i wouldn't want to be at brooklyn bowl and unable to get out in the event of a fire just so we could squeeze another twenty people into a cap'n jazz show.

that said, if the rumblings about the place being part empty so they could definitely squeeze in the vip / guestlist / bloggers / photographers only in the event that they showed, then that's not cool.

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2010 9:43 PM

velvet ropes and a guest list at a bowling alley? thanks jelly, nyc cops, open spaces,doorman, and poseurs who got in that never heard the bands and just to get pictures taken and socialize. thanks jelly for letting actual people/ fans who came for the music not the hype or publicity. also eff 21+ when you guys let 15yr old girls in. p.s i waited through all the "mad hipster dash" to "across the streets if your not on the guest list" all the way up until the bouncer/doorman let one by one system. (around 7) when cap n jazz was playing.

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2010 9:58 PM

i'm all for beating the guys wearing shades inside to a bloody pulp.

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2010 10:09 PM

"i'm all for beating the guys wearing shades inside to a bloody pulp."

ditto

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2010 10:18 PM

I agree with 8:37 pm. They should have just let the storm blow over and then started up again. There were many past pool parties where it rained really hard, but then it passed and the show continued. That Hold Steady show 2 yrs ago had torrential downpour and it still went on. Also that Deer Tick show had a ton of rain and still went on. I don't think it was Jelly's fault. I think that Park has too many stupid rules and regulation. They start pissing in there pants when there is rain or when there is too many people. I can't remember another Pool Party show at the old Mccarren Pool where they turned people away, with the exception of MGMT. Next time wait for the damn weather to blow over instead of moving everything!!! It would have only been like a 1 or 2 hr delay and everyone could have seen the show.

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2010 10:44 PM

VIP's. VIP's everywhere.
what has indie become?

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2010 10:53 PM

I just bought a chi.. this chi to be exact. It's the goddess of all flat irons. I had a cheap Wal Mart hair iron. I used to have to wash my hair, take it into section, blow dry w/ a round brush THEN go over every piece of hair w/ my cra**y flat iron, again and again

Posted by Chi Flat Iron | July 25, 2010 10:57 PM

actually it was amazing to see cap'n jazz inside because people could actually crowd surf and stage dive without being harassed.

Posted by nikhil | July 25, 2010 11:21 PM

Two summers ago, it poured at 3 or 4 of the pool parties during the opening acts, and then it was beautiful and sunny during the headliners.

I guess it is just different when you are dealing with a state park.

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2010 11:31 PM

true this was better because security inside was real cool and you could basically stage dive and surf as much as you wanted to, plus you are right next to the band not a mile away like at the Pool Party what with the gigantinc stage and photo pit. This felt like a real blast of a show. there should be more like this booked over there. Also I will say after Capn Jazz finished a lot of people left like it was suddenly almost empty, I think at that point they let in more people to see Lightning Bolt, it was relatively not crowded for that whole set. I'm guessing anyine who came around got in.

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2010 11:47 PM

"I guess it is just different when you are dealing with a state park."

100% correct. Jelly is still stupid, just not for today's reason.

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2010 11:50 PM

From now on, just do the shows at prospect park. Wburg waterfront is fuckin awful for shows!

Posted by Anonymous | July 25, 2010 11:59 PM

11:59 - nice plan. Those celebrate Brooklyn shows are very chill for the most part. Plus many hipsters wouldn't dare to go to tres unfashionable Park Slope, therefore weeding out the douchebags.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 12:17 AM

im upset for missing cap n jazz but i couldnt deal with being with you people...in this heat, in the rain...

i stayed home with my a/c watching the tour de france 2x and reading my books.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 12:30 AM

I hope lightning bolt adds another new york city area show sometime soon. No Age plays in new york all the time and I'm not all that interested in Cap N Jazz.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 12:32 AM

9:43 sounds like a major douche

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 12:36 AM

This is the 2nd time a No Age related pool party got rained out.

See the 2009 No Deachunter show. Great show.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 12:48 AM

waited for about four hours but made it in in time to see cap'n jazz. most of the door people stopped caring after a while.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 12:58 AM

Bomba Estereo played Friday at Prospect Park after the crazy weather, including what looked like lightning. Jelly really should have delayed the show an hour or so.

Once the announcement for Brooklyn Bowl was made, it looked like an indie/hipster Black Friday stampede. I saw one girl fall. Someone could have been hurt.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 1:37 AM

New York State Cops.

They ain't too smart.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 1:43 AM

I'm so glad I went to the Maxwell's show! This looks like it was a cluster fuck of epic proportions! I was sort of bummed about not getting to see Lightning Bolt but only for about 5 seconds. Once Cap'n Jazz took the stage it was clear I didn't care! They are easily one of the best live bands I've ever seen!!

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 1:58 AM

You'd think there would be a better contingency plan though. That was ridiculous. Those meat head cops... Pushing people who were already walking away peacefully when they got all crazy out of nowhere and made everyone disperse! To serve and protect... Right.
How about next time you shut down that block, there aint nothing but warehouses and such over there anyway!
Reroute traffic, put some speakers on the roof.... something.
Put those cops to work in a positive way maybe? All that aggression when people were just trying to have a good time, it became a little party in the line, but so what... ? No one was doing anything negative.

But with all that said, I found myself inside hours later anyway, only missing two or so Cap N' Jazz songs!
I snuck in when they were letting "VIP's" in. Just cruised in behind those VIPs and bolted.
Lucky break. It was a fortress, but I didn't give up whoooooooooo
Great show :]

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 2:18 AM

Brooklyn Bowl show was good, but seriously, Cap'n Jazz was amazing at Maxwell's. Better sound, better crowd, better vibe.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 2:53 AM

Cap'n Jazz sound like Christian rock.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 3:16 AM

JELLY DID NOT CANCEL THE SHOW YOU IDOTS, THE STATE AND OSA DID. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 4:17 AM

show was swarmed with 15 year olds. awful stage dives, with the occasional crucial CBGB's hardcore kid doing flips, which was cool.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 6:20 AM

Jelly is the biggest bumblefuck of a promoter in the city, which is saying something. The actual cancellation of the show is in no way their fault. It's a state park, and they're pretty eager to call thing on account of rain. Maybe it's shitty, but that's the breaks.

What Jelly has control over, and has clearly learned NOTHING about since the last No Age fiasco is how to change venues in an orderly fashion. Considering how many fucking interns that company has running around taking pictures of walking abortions in tight purple denim, and their syphillitic girlfriends, one would think that MAYBE, they could have one or two people available to answer SOME sort of question, or at least direct people. The woman they had at the bar next to the park was still giving ambiguous answers at late as 4:15, regarding simple things like "are their going to be bracelets, or is it simply first come, first served". Then, to take up half of capacity with VIP's? Fucking bush league. There should be a contingency plan in place, to avoid the congregating of an angry confused mob. Every molecule of that nonsense is completely avoidable, and yet their unfathomable incompetence renders them incapable of a smooth transition. Cretins.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 8:44 AM

OK ok 8:44 you throwing a lot of big words at me. Because I don't understand em, I'm gonna take it as disrespect. Watch your mouth, and help me with the comment.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 8:54 AM

Anyone know if Lighting Bolt came back for an encore? I had to leave little after 9pm to catch a train to Hoboken....

Cap'n Jazz at Maxwell's....one of the best shows of 2010 for sure.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 9:03 AM

I was smart enough to anticipate a cluster fuck at the door to bk bowl, got there early, snuk up in line a little bit, and rocked hard for five hours.

I think the problem is Jelly's insurance or the state park which won't let the show go on in the rain. Also Jelly should have a better planned backup plan so that if it starts raining there is no delay to get into the indoors event. ITS STILL RAINING OUTSIDE! LET US IN!

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 9:18 AM

yes they did, 1 song encore

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 9:20 AM

What would Chuck Schumer do? I have an idea: turn it into a city park.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 9:23 AM

Shit was weak.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 9:25 AM

They probably could have started within the hour if they really wanted to, stuff was arriving at the venue within half hour of cancellation. No Age was ready to go and they took half hour or so break just to make that 5:30 or whatever it was that the posted time was.

Really sorry for the people that didnt make it inside, it was a great show. if you anticipated them cancelling and were close to the exit and ran for it, you got in. Maybe they should have cleared the venue and waited for the storm to pass, in retrospect. But remember the weather report said t-storms until 6 pm, so they took the logical route. I don't really blame them for that call.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 9:28 AM

>Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 12:58 AM
>Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 12:58 AM
>Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 12:58 AM
>Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 12:58 AM

Truth

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 9:33 AM

"you can't stand in the zero no-zone!"

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 10:25 AM

Whoever said that they started letting people in at 4:30 is incorrect. I was there from 3:30 to 5 and the only people they let in were the VIP kids. Went to Cap'n Jazz @ Maxwells instead and it was phenomenal, much rather see them with 199 other fans than a crowd that was mostly bloggers and hip photographers. I do hope Lightning Bolt comes around again soon, is BK Backyard shut down along with Market Hotel?

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 10:26 AM

------------------------------------

I said that and yes they did. I'm not VIP, at all.

I got to the park around 2:40 or so and just as I got there, it started to rain and they said the shows were moving to Brooklyn Bowl. Tons of people started running but my brother and I sort of ran/jogged and when we got there, the line had already formed and we were about the 56th/57th in line. Then people started cutting, it really started raining and then the cops showed up… I would assume you left when they told you it was at capacity and people weren’t being let in, but basically they were lying and just saying that to cut the line down and tons of people left. Granted, if you count everyone that was there, it would have been at capacity, but you should have stuck around.

It all came down to actually staying in line and not being gullible enough to listen to the cops/Bowl gate security. I stayed in line and around 4:40-5pm they were letting everyone in line in (everyone being the 35-36 or so that decided to stay). Even two dudes who weren’t there before at all all of a sudden showed up and THEY got in. Next time stick around until the dude at the DOOR tells you you can't go in. Never listen to cops or security when they tell you, "Okay guys, you're not getting in, blah blah blah."

VIP, my ass. I got it and it was fucking amazing.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 10:42 AM

--------------------------------------

the place was full of singing, ecstatic fans. i'm sure maxwell's was awesome but don't get all bitter lol.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 10:43 AM

I'm sure Maxwell's was equally awesome**

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 10:45 AM

Mehcrren pool is missed

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 10:51 AM

I was only gonna go for the wet t-shirt show. What a disappointment to move it inside, I'm glad I stayed home.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 11:03 AM

There really weren't many photographers there to begin with. The crowd was awesome. Kids were stoked. Don't be such a dick.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 11:05 AM

Exactly what I'm saying, 11:05am.

"Whoever said yada yada yada is 'incorrect'.. Only the "VIP" kids got in."
I'm the complete opposite of VIP. I was just a dude who had the sense to stay in line because after 10 years of listening and never thinking I would ever see the band, I was going to let some cop and the Brooklyn Bowl gate security (in the form of an old high school classmate) tell me I couldn't see them. You're the "incorrect" one. It may not have been 4:30 but I was in there for a good 40 minutes before No Age started their set, which was around 6:00pm.

But at the very least, you got tickets to the Maxwell's show, so that's awesome. It sucks people walked away and/or stayed and STILL didn't get in. It was horribly managed, I'll give you that much.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 11:23 AM

Wasn't going to let some cop...**

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 11:23 AM

no no the bouncer was threatening to send people to jail, thats why people were leaving. they eventually let everyone who stayed in though. lightning bolt was the shit!

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 11:25 AM

@10:26 agreed!

'Went to Cap'n Jazz @ Maxwells instead and it was phenomenal, much rather see them with 199 other fans than a crowd that was mostly bloggers and hip photographers.'

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 12:35 PM

I was there yesterday and left with crushing disappointment, soaking wet clothes, and a couple of pretty scary interactions with the Brooklyn Bowl bouncers and didn't get it. I was following all the Twitter chatter and I am a decade-plus veteran of dealing with all kinds of shows and various planning failures, etc. I rarely let anyone get me down but the swarm of cops, asshole bouncers, bad weather, aloof organizers with no information, etc. was just a total downer.

Overall, I can live with not seeing Cap'n Jazz and move on with my life but one interaction that didn't even involve me was the most sad. After I talked to the bouncer and had a pretty good notion there was zero chance of getting in, a group of about four younger kids came by - maybe 19, 20 year old looking dudes (could be older, it's hard to judge age as ya get along in years) and the bouncer basically told them to fuck off said "How many times do I have to tell you? We're not letting anyone in! Why do you keep coming back?" The look on the kids faces just looked so sullen and worn down, some Jelly organizer-looking types were just standing around silent while this aggression went down. The kids just slinked away, disappointed. At that point the negative vibe was just too much and I took off and had some fun in other ways that day.

After reading all the comments/stories/excuses, etc. I have had a lot of thoughts as to why Jelly continues to fail miserably but no matter what you want to say or who you want to blame - the State Parks dept., OSA, Jelly, the weather, the cops, BB security, etc. one simple fact shines through more obvious and indisputable than all the others:

An indoor, 600-capacity, privately-owned bar/restaurant/bowling alley is in no way an acceptable replacement for an outdoor, 10,000 capacity, public space. Simple as that, end of story. Jelly need to come up with an appropriate backup location ASAP.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 12:57 PM

-------------------------------

This is true, and it is (was) what it is (was), but all I'm saying is around 5:00pm or so, it was miraculous how the tune had changed. The were letting the WHOLE line (which at the point was about 45 or so people) inside. Like I said before, I saw many people who were nowhere near me when I was waiting for a good hour and a half (from about 3:00 to 4:30) all of a sudden just show up and they got it in. I'm assuming it was these people who didn't give up.. The people who left, you included, most likely would have gotten in if you were on line when the line was moving rather quickly and everyone was getting in.

I was essentially one of those 19, 20 year old kids you spoke about (i'm 24) and I waited with my brother, staying on line even with cops in front of us telling us we're not getting in. Granted we were near the front, but still.

Again, don't get me wrong, you're right, it was bullshit and managed horribly.. and I guess people felt too bummed out and left the second the cops and the Bowl security yelled that 'you're not getting in'.. but I knew they were bullshit and I got in eventually. That's all it comes down to. This probably falls under the 'excuse' category, but stick around next time until the DOORMAN of the venue tells you you're not getting in. Not a cop, not even the security.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 1:16 PM

I don't know which is worse: state park stopping the show because of rain (there was no lightning) or Jelly allowing a ton of VIPs inside a small venue?

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 1:20 PM

the former

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 1:25 PM

"These guys are not going in, But these are REALLY not getting"

Hilarious

It wasn't hard to tell the cops where just trying to chop off the line since the moment they started yelling "GO HOME". Next time wait until there's an official announcement from the organizers. I was there for the whole thing and I have to say it was an amazing show.

P.S. I bet my arm it was the people at jelly that told the police to send people home home since they KNEW 10.000 people where not going to fit in an bowling alley.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 2:34 PM

State Parks smokes Chihuahua pole

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 2:39 PM

2:34pm, that's what i'm saying. if people had actually waited until the Brooklyn Bowl doorman said 'Hey, you can't come in here" then and only then should they have left. Everyone that wasn't gullible enough, bullied enough to think they had to walk away got in. Hold your ground next time guys.

(mind you, this is only for the people that were waiting at the Brooklyn Bowl around 3 to 5pm)

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 3:06 PM

Here's an idea: when a (x amount) of people leave, they let the same amount in.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 3:08 PM

the dude with the squirt gun got in a fight with the bouncer.

PS that "race" looks more like a typically uninterested walk through wiliamsburg x100. the venue change sucked, but don't complain about not getting in if you took your sweet little time getting there.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 3:54 PM

I got there before 1pm to wait in line, got sunburnt, let in after 2 pm. Ran over to Brooklyn Bowl, got in, but what killed it for me was just waiting in that place for hours. I get that they had to move equipment from the park, but really, when No Age starts to play at 5:30, all my excitement and anticipation was pretty much killed off. I don't like No Age and just wanted to see Lightning Bolt and Cap'n Jazz, and no one got onstage from the promoter to tell the audience the new lineup times. Great, Brooklyn Vegan posts it on the internet,why couldn't a human have got onstage and told us?
I'll live without seeing Cap'n Jazz and lightning bolt's in providence tonight anyway.
Total letdown.

Posted by paige | July 26, 2010 4:14 PM

Cops are trying to break up the line tells me to move I say No and she fucking throws me!?

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 4:48 PM

4:48 was that you?

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 5:07 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if I wasn't the only one, but yeah.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 5:26 PM

I love Brooklyn Bowl. I'd never been before and now I love it. Everyone was so nice and helpful. They treated Hussle Club like Kings (and queen)!

Posted by Carol Sharks | July 26, 2010 7:04 PM

well at least the 50 or 100 of you die hards got in, please understand that if there were thousand of people like you, you were not all gonna get in. just remember MGMT or 77 Drummers- lot of people didnt want to give up even after those bands started playing and were well into their sets, and they still didnt get in. So by no means was it a foregone conclusion that you would get in.

btw anyone try the I'm here for bowling reason? that might have worked, maybe?

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 10:33 PM

how does one go about lobbying to let another promoter start booking free open space shows in the neighborhood?

jelly is horrible at this, and should not get full run of a public park every sunday during the summer just to whore their sponsors / client portfolio -- and take over and transform a building in the park into their own bar. needless to say, they created a very dangerous situation on sunday and should no longer be allowed to use the space.

if these shows continue into next year, i'd really like to see another company get a shot at putting them on. still baffles me that schumer gets behind this circus.

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 11:19 PM

8:19

no one hip or cool goes to these summer shit shows...these are for college kids and tourists...and smelly chics

Posted by Anonymous | July 26, 2010 11:39 PM

Now i'm just waiting for an indian summer reunion and I can die happy.

Posted by Anonymous | July 27, 2010 1:18 AM

i have no idea why people are mad at folks putting on free shows, nyc is so spoiled! i grew up in colorado and would of loved for one of these shows to happen once. count you blessings fools

Posted by Anonymous | July 27, 2010 6:24 AM

@ 11:19 - Not defending Jelly (their fuck-ups are endless) but what other promoter could do shows at a venue like that WITHOUT sponsorships? Site fees alone at that park run in the tens of thousands per week. You can thank OSA for that - hate on Jelly all you want but it's actually the greedy 'nonprofit' that rakes in the majority of the cash on Pool Parties and anything else that goes on in that park.

I don't mind sponsor presence at free festivals - it's part of the deal for better or worse. What bothers me is that Jelly either can't or won't book bigger and better acts. If you can't land bands that will draw anywhere near your space's 10k capacity on a weekly basis, you should not be there.

Also, that bar is private property, not state owned or even part of the park. Notice the park fence runs right around it.

Posted by Anonymous | July 27, 2010 12:52 PM

I was lucky enough to get in around 6:30 or 7, a few songs into Cap N Jazz's set. I did honestly feel really bad for the people that didn't get in, they really should've moved it back to the waterfront when the rain stopped (which was well before Cap N Jazz) or just waited it out in the rain.

When they made the claim that the 700 maximum was "reached" the bouncers and cops started telling people to leave. Unfortunately, my friend and I were some of those people yelled at to go, so we walked across the street. My other friends, however, managed to get in then, which is BS considering they told us to go- indicating we probaly should've just walked to another part of the big mass of people waiting instead of leaving.

We waited there for 4 hours with many other desparate fans, with the bouncer continously yelling at people "to go across the street" unless they were on the VIP list. My friend managed to talk to one of the women arranging the venues, as he's a program director at a radio station, and she was nice enough to let us in (I think by this point they cared less).

Posted by Anonymous | July 28, 2010 9:47 PM