Posted in music | tour dates on July 7, 2010

by Andrew Frisicano

Tallest Man On Earth @ Highline Ballroom in April (more by Dominick Mastrangelo)
Tallest Man On Earth

Sweden's Tallest Man On Earth will be going to Europe after his set at Pitchfork Fest on July 16th. He's back in North America for shows in September, where he'll tour with S. Carey, the project of Sean Carey, who plays with Bon Iver. S. Carey's debut, All We Grow, written while on the road with Bon Iver for the past two years, comes out August 24th on Jagjaguwar. Dreamy, orchestrated tune "In the Dirt" is up on his MySpace.

The Tallest Man On Earth and S. Carey play Webster Hall Monday, September 27th. Tickets went on AmEx presale at noon. General sale starts Friday at noon.

All tour dates are below...

The Tallest Man on Earth - 2010 Tour Dates
Aug 22 Green Man Festival Glanusk Park, Powys, GB
Sep 02 Melkweg Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS
Sep 03 Into The Great Wide Ope Vlieland, ., NETHERLANDS
Sep 05 Electric Picnic Stradbally Hall, IRELAND
Sep 08 Rickshaw Theatre Vancouver BC, CANADA
Sep 09 Neumos Seattle WA
Sep 8 Rickshaw Theater Vancouver, BC, CANADA !
Sep 9 Neumos Seattle, Wa !
Sep 10 Doug Fir Lounge Portland, OR !
Sep 12 Henry Miller Library Big Sur, CA !
Sep 13 The Fillmore San Francisco, CA !
Sep 14 The Music Box Los Angeles, CA !
Sep 15 Club Congress Tucson, AZ !
Sep 17 House of Blues - Pontiac Garage Dallas, TX !
Sep 18 Antone's Austin, TX !
Sep 24 Lee's Palace Toronto, ON, CANADA !
Sep 25 Le National Montreal, QC, CANADA !
Sep 27 Webster Hall New York, NY !
Oct 2 Theatre of Living Arts Philadelphia, PA !
Oct 3 9:30 Club Washington, DC !
Nov 20 Botanique Brussels, BELGIUM
Nov 24 Electric Ballroom London, UNITED KINGDOM
Nov 29 Cafe de la Danse Paris, FRANCE
! w/ S. Carey

Absolutely brilliant live this guy.

Posted by Dustin Smith | July 7, 2010 12:42 PM

I beg to differ...My girlfriend dragged me to see him in Dublin. He's got a great voice, won't deny that...But every song was exactly the same. It was like he played the first tune and then just stuck it on repeat for an hour and moved his capo around a little bit...Singer songwriters bore me.

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2010 1:00 PM

sounds like a personal lack of taste

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2010 1:16 PM

Thought his set at Sasquatch was very engaging. Also does a great version of "Graceland".

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2010 1:25 PM

he dont look too tall to me

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2010 1:53 PM

@100 - I completly agree, and his 2 albums are easily among my favorites of the last decade. Having said that, the live set completly lacks dynamics. I would say that he shoud not plug directly into the PA with the guitar for some songs.

@153 he is not very tall at all

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2010 2:00 PM

HEY you tallest man on earth, BOB DYLAN ALREADY DID IT DUDE ! and he did it very well.
come on !

féh.

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2010 2:07 PM

opener is the drummer in Bon Iver, no?

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2010 2:26 PM

Being a HUGE Dylan fan, I see the similarities here... But he does it well.

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2010 2:57 PM

One of my favorite albums of the year. But I'd much rather see him at a space like Joe's Pub, no?

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2010 4:50 PM

how about just no?

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2010 5:31 PM

Webster Hall??? Wrong Venue dude. I hate that Guido infested place. Should be something like Death by Audio or Pete Candy shop.

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2010 8:11 PM

doubt many guidos will be upstairs at the show....

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2010 8:35 PM

Those who say that The Tallest Man On Earth's music is no improvement on Bob Dylan's haven't listened closely enough. In a side-by-side comparison with Dylan's one-man-band period, Tallest Man prevails, as he should, considering that the music world had 45 years to assimilate the innovations made by Dylan. Kristian Matsson's (The Tallest Man On Earth) guitar playing, singing, melody-writing, and even lyrics, are amazing, and I believe the best since Dylan. In fact I think his are the only songs that can compete. Certainly Dylan paved the way for him, but in my opinion, his work is better than that of any of the great songwriters that followed in Dylan's wake (John Prine, Bruce Springsteen, Randy Newman, Neil Young, Lennon/McCartney, etc.) and the first to finally be good enough to take over for Dylan as the world's best singer/songwriter. Tallest Man's music is also better than that of today's great songwriters, such as Sam Beam (Iron And Wine), M. Ward, Conor Oberst, Ray Lamontagne, William Elliot Whitmore, etc. I feel there are only a few that can come close to the quality of songwriting from Tallest Man - Dylan, Leonard Cohen, maybe Lou Reed and Townes Van Zandt. His music inspires and moves me and the fact that he is getting a lot of attention gives me hope for the (near) future of music. And he's not even a native English-speaker!!

Posted by Anonymous | September 17, 2010 11:47 AM

Comparing Matsson to Springsteen, Newman, Young, Lennon/McCartney and especially Dylan and Cohen is not only unflattering but also absurd. This music is second-hand Dylan at best. A product of the Pitchfork generation which too often conflates adequacy and brilliance. I'll be shocked if these songs don't dissolve into the ether by the time the next set of kids rise up and replace us. I do wish more artists cared about craftsmanship and lyricism (attempted at least) like this guy clearly does but let's not spend too much time inside the echo chamber, eh?

Posted by Anonymous | September 17, 2010 12:27 PM

WOW - Why the hate? First, how could one possibly compare a new musician to another who's music has stood strong for over forty years?!? TMOE is a great musician and songwriter, but let's hold off on the grandiose comparisons. I know it's hard when he tugging on your soul strings, but you should at least add "I my opinion" in front of any such equations.

And to the haters - hey, I don't appreciate a number of "artists" these days but I'm not going go out of my way to look for reviews of them to hijack and post about it. Surely you have better things to do. I also thought his melodies were a bit redundant at first, but if you can feel the lyrics, all of that drops away. IF you care. If not, please feel free enjoy something you like.

BREATHE....

Posted by vertizon | September 29, 2010 12:19 PM

An superb posting with great points, We’ve been a lurker proper here for some time but wish to be far far more involved from now on.

Posted by jocuri | August 31, 2012 4:21 AM