Posted in music on July 9, 2010
"One top-floor resident said he was fixing a window in his apartment about 5:30 p.m. when he looked outside and saw people on the sidewalk pointing toward the roof.The fire happened at 240 Houston St which is diagonal from Mercury Lounge which you can see make a cameo in the video of the fire below...
The man, who identified himself only as a bar owner named Trigger, said he ran out into the hall and saw the doorway leading to the roof consumed by flames. There are about four other apartments on the top floor.
"I was pounding on the doors," he said. "I don't know what I lost, but I'm just happy to be alive."" [NY TIMES]