Posted in hiphop | music | tour dates on August 25, 2010

by BBG

Black Milk at SXSW (more by Samantha Marble)
Black Milk

BrooklynVegan is proud to announce the release party for one of 2010's most highly anticipated underground hip hop albums, Black Milk's Album of The Year. Brooklyn's Southpaw will be the venue and September 14th is the date (also the album's release date). The show will feature appearances from the man himself along with Sean Price, Elzhi of Slum Village, and Guilty Simpson among other special guests still to be announced. Tickets are on sale.

UPDATE: DJ Spinna, who is also spinning the Michael Jackson birthday party in Prospect Park this Sunday, has been added to the Southpaw show.

Individually, Sean Price, Black Milk, and Guilty Simpson is an incredible lineup, but in addition, the threesome combine to form Random Axe. Ramdom Axe have completed an LP that, according to a recent interview, will see a release in "October/November". Keep on the look out for that one.

Elzhi is 1/2 of the current Slum Village, who recently released their new album Villa Manifesto via E1 Music, the first since the passing of Slum Village founding member Baatin and ex-SV member J.Dilla. Elzhi released his (almost entirely) Black Milk-produced solo album The Preface in 2008.

The rest of Random Axe has been busy with their own projects, as well. Sean Price released the Kimbo Price mixtape in the tail end of last year, and is prepping to release Mic Tyson on Duck Down. Guilty Simpson's new LP, um, OJ Simpson hit stores in middle May via Stones Throw. The LP features production by Madlib on all tracks.

Some video, including the recently released Black Milk clip "Deadly Medley" is below...

Black Milk - "Deadly Medley" (feat. Royce Da 5'9" & Elzhi)

Black Milk @ SXSW - Long Story Short

Black Milk @ SXSW - Losing Out

Sean Price - Figure 4

Elzhi - "Motown 25" + "Thats That One" [Live]

GUILTY SIMPSON X MADLIB - CALI HILLS - OJ SIMPSON

Southpaw is still open?

Posted by Anonymous | August 25, 2010 12:51 PM

Posted by Anonymous | August 25, 2010 12:57 PM

Whatever Black Milk did from the time he woke up until now, is more creative than ANYTHING you will EVER accomplish. Bank on it fool!

Posted by Anonymous | August 25, 2010 1:25 PM

Slum Village is the dope shit.

Posted by guuuurrrrllll | August 25, 2010 2:54 PM

Posted by Anonymous | August 25, 2010 2:58 PM

Black Mehlk

Posted by Anonymous | August 25, 2010 6:28 PM

mmmmmm I'd love to gurgle on his black milk.

Posted by Anonymous | August 25, 2010 6:39 PM

Julian Cope on Mac:

"I gots to tell y’all that when I heard the other day that the Bunnymen’s Ian McCulloch is writing his autobiography, I nearly shat my undies laughing so hard (good job I don’t wear any!); Ian Mac write a book? A man for whom completing a single song on his own is a struggle of Everest the Hard Way proportions is hardly going to write a book. Ian, I’m speechless at your continued arrogance in the face of no evidence whatsoever. In my opinion, you’ve been a dried-up shell of a husk of a man since just after OCEAN RAIN, so don’t embarrass us all with your ludicrous claims that you’re gonna write an autobiography. Two words… No Way. Writing a book involves discipline and hard work, two things you never nailed in the past and never will. As I heard it, you even said in the press that your book will be better than the Bible. Well, in two ways it may well be like the Bible: 1) it’ll be full of half-truths and outright lies, and 2) it’ll have been written by umpteen uncredited writers and you’ll name yourself solely as its author. There you go, dumkopf, I just handed you the map: don’t even bother buying yourself a pen, son; just do what you’ve always done throughout your career; get someone else to do most of the work then claim all the credit yourself. I even have a title already: MAC USER. And with that, I shall sweep off into the Beltane sunset. Yowzah!"

Posted by Youtubena | October 26, 2010 7:16 PM

Posted by منتدي | December 15, 2010 8:21 AM

mmmmmm I'd love to gurgle on his black milk.

Posted by الملتقى العربي | January 28, 2011 9:12 PM