Posted in MP3 | music | tour dates on August 19, 2010

by BBG

DOWNLOAD: Bottomless Pit - "38 Souls" (MP3)

Obits at a Pool Party (more by Chris LaPutt)
Obits

I know it's easy to get riled up about the recent impromptu Hot Snakes reunion, but the bands that spawned from that are also great. Obits have lined up a pair of NYC dates in the coming months. Tickets go on sale on Saturday, 8/21, at 10AM for a pair of Obits shows at Knitting Factory: November 12th with forgetters and Shark? & November 13th with Bottomless Pit (ex-Silkworm) and Black Helicopter.

Speaking of Forgetters, the band is preparing it's debut release, a self-titled double 7" due on September 21st. Preorder a copy and stream snippets of it at the distro site.

Bottomless Pit (ex-Silkworm) have just released their new LP, Blood Under The Bridge, via Comedy Minus One. Spanning nine tracks, the LP is the band's second full-length, and features "38 Souls" available for download above.

Full Obits and Bottomless Pit dates, Forgetters album art/tracklisting, and more below..

Obits at the Che Cafe- Standards, I Blame You, New August 7/29/10

Forgetters at Rock Shop 7/28/10

FORGETTERS 2x7" COVER
Forgetters

FORGETTERS TRACKLISTING
#1 Vampire Lessons
#2 Too Small To Fail
#3 Not Funny
#4 The Night Accelerates

OBITS - 2010 TOUR DATES
October 14 Hamburg, Germany at Hafenklang
October 15 Berlin, Germany at Lido (buy tickets)
October 16 Leipzig, Germany at Zoro Club w/They Want A Flughafen
October 17 Dresden, Germany at Chemiefabrik w/Out On A Limb
October 18 Prague, Czech Rep. at 007 w/Auxes & Tiny Ghosts
October 19 Brno, Czech Rep. at Yacht Klub w/my dead cat
October 20 Budapest, Hungary at A38 w/Auxes & The Trousers (buy tickets)
October 21 Szeged, Hungary at Garabonczias Borozo
October 22 Bucharest, Romania at Control Club
October 23 Skopje, Macedonia at Castro Club
October 24 Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
October 25 Belgrade, Serbia at Akademija
October 26 Zagreb, Croatia at KSET
October 27 Vienna, Austria at Arena w/Little Gold & Ancient Sky
November 12 Brooklyn, NY at Knitting Factory w/forgetters & Shark? (tickets on sale 8/21)
November 13 Brooklyn, NY at Knitting Factory w/Bottomless Pit & Black Helicopter (tickets on sale 8/21)

BOTTOMLESS PIT - 2010 TOUR DATES
July 31 - wavelength festival - three oaks, mi with robbie fulks, freakwater, archer prewitt
September 18 - depaul university - chicago, il with bear claw and the bismark
November 5 - the hideout - chicago, il with black helicopter
November 6 - cactus club - milwaukee, wi with black helicopter
November 11 - howlers - pittsburgh, pa with black helicopter and the karl hendricks trio
November 12 - middle east - boston, ma with black helicopter and chris brokaw
November 13 - knitting factory - brooklyn, ny with black helicopter and surprise guests
November 14 - treehouse - columbus, oh with black helicopter and the kyle sowashes

the world is a hummus locked in a chick pea

Posted by Anonymous | August 19, 2010 9:03 AM

Posted by Anonymous | August 19, 2010 9:40 AM

"a double 7" with 4 songs?! What, do I have to sit by the record player to listen at 45 RPM so I can turn it over ever minute. Pretty stupid!"

Possibly the dumbest thing I've ever read on BV. You stupid cunts and your digital world----it must suck to be you.

Posted by Anonymous | August 19, 2010 9:45 AM

9:45 sounds like a lonely, miserable person.

Would I rather buy a double 7" than a CD or mp3s? Yes. But I'd rather have a 12" with two songs on each side.

Posted by Anonymous | August 19, 2010 9:58 AM

@ 9:45 shut up bitch.

Posted by Anonymous | August 19, 2010 10:34 AM

9:45 - Must suck to never get laid.

Posted by Anonymous | August 19, 2010 10:41 AM

You silly little cunts with your fourteen year old bodies---life didn't begin in 1988.

Posted by Anonymous | August 19, 2010 11:34 AM

yeah, it began in 1986 at Cro Mags shows at The Ritz.

@11:34 stop obsessing about little bodies and saying cunt. Either you're a limey, with no class, or from the midwest and discovered 'indie' music a couple of months ago. Either way, you sound stupid and ignorant.

Posted by Anonymous | August 19, 2010 11:45 AM

I thought that was George Harrison for a minnit!

Posted by Anonymous | August 19, 2010 11:58 AM

9:58 Why must people be "lonely and miserable" just because they disagree with you?

This is exactly what I was talking about over on the Nellie McKay thread.

I think half of the commenters here just enjoy lashing out anonymously because it's the first chance they've had to be the bully.

It is so tiresome.

Posted by Anonymous | August 19, 2010 12:01 PM

I love to take a stance I dont even agree with... make an outrageous comment.... and watch everyone get involved!

SOOOO

fuck brooklyn / fuck vegans / fuck brooklyn vegan / fuck metal / fuck electro / fuck records / fuck books / fuck people under the age of 30 / fuck people over the age of thirty / fuck ice cream / fuck hammocks / fuck myself

someone please fuck me I am sooooo lonely

Posted by kingdomCUM | August 19, 2010 3:05 PM

Posted by يوتيوب | December 15, 2010 8:47 AM

Wonderful post and the location is beautiful and elegant in design and information and everything>>> to Favorites
Amazing is an enormous understatement. One of the best electronic shows I've ever been to and I've seen well over a thousand concerts. I had no idea Vladislav Delay was as good a drummer & percussionist as he is- fabulous and he kept everything swinging with a very unique style of playing. If you missed this you missed out big time...
===================