Posted in music on August 20, 2010

Sufjan Stevens

Asthmatic Kitty Records is releasing Sufjan Stevens' new EP All Delighted People today exclusively via http://sufjanstevens.bandcamp.com for $5.00. Bandcamp is also offering a free stream of the EP. On August 23 the EP will be available for purchase from most digital stores and will appear on CD and vinyl later this year. All Delighted People includes two versions of the title track which debuted on Sufjan's 2009 tour along with six other new songs. The collection is Sufjan's first original song-oriented material since 2006. Included on the EP is the first recording of live-show mainstay "The Owl and the Tanager" and the elegiac "Djohariah." Along with the guitars, piano and banjo that characterize his previous recordings, choirs, strings and brass adorn the melodies. Please see below for track listing."
So Sufjan will have new material after all when he goes on tour in October. EP cover art above, trackilst below...

All Delighted People tracklist:
1. All Delighted People (Original Version)
2. Enchanting Ghost
3. Heirloom
4. From the Mouth of Gabriel
5. The Owl and the Tanager
6. All Delighted People (Classic Rock Version)
7. Arnika
8. Djohariah

classic rock version haha

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 11:49 AM

Hooray

Posted by Steve Polychronopolous | August 20, 2010 11:50 AM

hahhahah classic rock version?! This guy can rock out?!

I doubt it....

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 11:58 AM

This stuff was all very "challenging" live last year- both for the band and the audience. Hope he moves from this phase to another fairly soon.

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 11:58 AM

I am loving this EP

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 12:01 PM

I love this guy and can't wait to listen to the EP. That said:

All MEHlighted People

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 12:17 PM

Wow you dissed Sufjan pretty hard there 11:58, writing an assertion as a question like that and then negating it with the "I doubt it . . ." Props to you; that's some biting commentary.

Also: do us a fucking favor: study the other people who post on this site, and if you're going to troll, at least be clever about it, you quarterwit, shrunken-scrotumed spunkbagel.

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 12:28 PM

anyone got a ddl?

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 12:30 PM

To commemorate the new release, the Sufjan cock size guessing game continues!:

www.lpsg.org/197910-sufjan-stevens.html

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 12:54 PM

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 12:57 PM

@12:57 Seriously? $5? The price of a beer. Listen to it for free on the site. Why do you need a physical copy when you can get a 320k FLAC version?

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 1:02 PM

1:02pm I can't even buy beer. Some of us are unemployed and need to be as frugal as possible with spending. Times are tough. I don't pay for downloaded music either, ever, no matter how good the quality is. I'll always stick to physical copies (just my preference, no need to debate it) and therefore the try before you buy formula works for me. I'd hate to waste money on an album or EP that ends up sucking after I listen to it for the first time.

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 1:13 PM

@1:13 Wow. You can "try before you buy" by streaming the album from the site. I'm unemployed as well, but I don't think five bucks is going to make or break me.

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 1:35 PM

There's just one song to stream on the site, no? If so, there solves my problem. Also, I already said it: I'd rather have $5 spent on something I want than something I don't. It's called being a smart consumer. Try before you buy, bitchez. Leaked albums is the best thing to happen to music consumers because its driving down CD prices and allows us to make a better consumer decision before handing over the cash.

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 1:46 PM

The whole album is up on the site, you just have to skip through the songs one at a time.

It's so fucking good too...

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 2:04 PM

I don't always obtain music legally, but on the flip side I do like supporting some of my favorite artists. It's te only reason I bought this sight unseen. 60 minutes of an amazing ep from Sufjan for $5 is a better consumer decision.

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 2:15 PM

Wow, 12:57. You started out just seeming like an oblivious jerk, and then worked your way up to what-I-want-matters-most entitled cunt.

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 2:37 PM

12:57 writes, "Yeah if anyone has a ddl of this, could you post it? I'm trying to be conservative on cash spending and don't feel like throwing $5 away on a non-physical copy. Thanks!!!"

Wow, I didn't know the college freshmen were moved into the dorms and had their Internet connections hooked up already.

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 2:41 PM

"I'd hate to waste money on an album or EP that ends up sucking after I listen to it for the first time."

Welcome to the world of being a music fan, if you are one. People who say what you've said inevitably "stop liking music" at about age 30, or when they get their first set of golf clubs--whichever comes first.

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 2:43 PM

i am 1230. mission accomplished, you can all end your pre-scripted bitchfest now

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 3:42 PM

NOT INTO CHRISTIAN MUSIC

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 3:47 PM

Nevermind everyone, I was able to score a leaked copy so my problem is solved! $5 saved on an intangible object is $5 I will use when the physical copy is released.

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 4:04 PM

Wow. Surprised how easy it was to find out who uploaded this album to the torrent world. Dude linked to his website which linked to his twitter which has his name and latitude/longitude from his iphone.

Bravo, Robert Smith(rhsiv on twitter) of Lexington, KY. Looks like the dude likes to hang on the 400 block of North MLK Jr. Blvd. 38.050779,-84.487228

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 4:21 PM

Who knew The Cure were Sufjan fans?

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 4:25 PM

Who the fuck cares if it got uploaded to a torrent site? Every album eventually does. The comments on here make it seem like Sufjan should be invincible and shielded from having his music leaked just because he's asking 5 bucks for it. Go to Amazon.com and get new albums for $3.99 each week. It doesn't stop people from choosing to go with a free torrent.

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 5:02 PM

It's a shame that guy who killed himself during that Swell Season concert missed an opportunity to instead kill himself while listening to this.

Posted by J | August 20, 2010 5:07 PM

That cover is totally ripping off the beastie boys check your head cover vibe.

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 9:20 PM

wow, it's just so sad that there's no respect or admiration for honest work and pure talent - $5 is too much? if i was sufjan i'd be pretty let down.

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 9:45 PM

get a life 4:21 you fucking narc.

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 10:15 PM

9:45pm, not everyone who gets a leak doesn't support the musician by totally failing to pay them in some form. Some people such as myself may want to spend the money on the physical copy when it's released. It'll probably cost more. There's no sense in buying the album twice even if it's just $5, but don't blame for wanting to hear it in the meantime.

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2010 12:50 AM

@ 4:21 thanks for posting that comment, i was able to download this album because you gave all the info on how to find it!

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2010 10:41 AM

5 bucks is a bargain you cheap whiney dicks

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2010 11:54 AM

I love all these posts about 5 dollars being a bargain. You're all missing the fucking point from the perspective of people who still like buying their music on vinyl or CD: Why pay $5 on a download when you can just stream the album for free, wait until it's physical release and shell out the cash then?

For people who are so up with the times on the digital age, common sense and being a rational consumer sure seems to escape you.

Posted by Anonymous | August 21, 2010 12:15 PM

it's been proved that people who steal music also BUY more music than those who don't...maybe not recorded music, maybe concert tickets, but the pirates are the best music customers there are

Posted by Deb | August 21, 2010 12:23 PM