Posted in music | pictures on August 24, 2010

photos by KILLDISCO DESIGN

"Jim Campilongo RULES!!! and him playing with Nels is the one of the greatest fun I've ever had. No shit. Damn..." - Yuka Honda

"Nels Cline just DESTROYED the Living Room!!!" - Alex & Janel

Nels Cline / Jim Campilongo

The Jim Campilongo Trio plays the Living Room in NYC almost every Monday, with guests. This week, like others before it, featured a special appearance from Nels Cline on second guitar. Tony Scherr, like he will be for the next five weeks, was also on the bill, but this set of pictures is just from the Jim/Nels set, and they continue below...

Nels Cline / Jim Campilongo

i cant believe this happened. this is one the greatest collaborations i can imagine. i assume it was sick

Posted by Anonymous | August 24, 2010 11:22 PM

nels cline just destroyed my living room too. guy came in and just started throwing everything around dont know what is problem is. haha, thank you, ill be here all week

Posted by Anonymous | August 24, 2010 11:57 PM

Nels is one of the best guitarists I have ever seen.

Posted by The MIghty KC | August 25, 2010 12:03 AM

so jealous i missed this. what a combo.

Posted by Anonymous | August 25, 2010 5:50 AM

oh yeah? Pink Eye from Fucked Up just destroyed my bathroom.

Posted by Anonymous | August 25, 2010 8:19 AM

^ exactly the kind of posting that can go away. for good. why don't you and the meh dude/dudette go get an ice cream in ohio.

Posted by Anonymous | August 25, 2010 8:46 AM

^ I agree and take the guy who's so amused by people eating hummus to. I'm sorry Nels Cline and Jim Campilongo for tainting your BV post with even mentioning the hummus guy or any of those bored assholes. I'm sure you two don't read BV sense your so busy creating art instead of pathetically talking shit about the art that others make.

Posted by Anonymous | August 25, 2010 9:05 AM

"this is one the greatest collaborations i can imagine."

You have a pretty weak imagination. It is a great combo, but the greatest? Not even close.

Posted by Anonymous | August 25, 2010 9:23 AM

busy night on Monday. early show at mercury made me sleepy. pep up brooklyn beardos! nels and jim (like always) have more passion between them than all 235 members of the loom and lost in the trees combined. orchestral pop? what is this shit?

Posted by Anonymous | August 25, 2010 9:46 AM

I'm sure Nels Cline would say pita triangles + hummus is one of the greatest collaborations that he could imagine.

Posted by Anonymous | August 25, 2010 1:18 PM