Local Natives @ Sasquatch 2010 (more by Chris Graham)
today in NYC
* Ken Vandermark @ Union Hall
* First Saturday @ Brooklyn Museum
* Asphalt Orchestra @ Lincoln Center
* Meshell Ndegeocello @ Le Poisson Rouge
* Class Actress, Twin Shadow @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Meta and the Cornerstones, DAX @ 92YTribeca
* Mucca Pazza, Balkan Beat Box @ Damrosch Park
* Mad Decent Block Party @ South Street Seaport
* Lioness, MKNG FRNDZ, Mystery Roar @ Cake Shop (Late Show)
* REBOOT Chip Music Concert Series feat IAYD @ Littlefield
* Local Natives, We Barbarians @ Governors Island (The Beach)
* Sharon Van Etten, Reggie Watts, Springs @ The Bushwick Starr
* Nicole Atkins, Simon Felice (of The Felice Brothers) @ City Winery
* Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings, The Budos Band @ Prospect Park Bandshell
* Fuck The Facts, Attake, Magrudergrind, Defeatist @ Cake Shop (Early Show)
* Shark?, Motel Motel, Soft Black, Steel Phantoms, Charles Burst, Baby Fever, Harry May Kline, Toytrain @ 210 Cook Street (Rooftop)
* Me & Doug (members of The Big Sleep), Madam Robot and The Lust Brigade, Laughing Eye Weeping Eye, Winston Troy @ Zebulon
* Gavin Russom (DJ Set), Alden Tyrell, The Crystal Ark, Special Disco Version (James Murphy & Pat Mahoney - DJ Set) @ P.S. 1 (P.S. 1 Warm Up)
* The Beets (performing The Beatles), Slasher Risk, Terror Pigeon Dance Revolt, Donner Party Picnic, The Pendulum Swings, Mister Wright, Kamui @ Shea Stadium (flyer below)
For more check out This Week In Indie.
Today's free Mad Decent Block Party @ South Street Seaport:
MAD DECENT NYC BLOCK PARTY LINEUP ANNOUNCED---
DIESEL, MAD DECENT and JELLY are proud to announce the first official NYC Mad Decent Block Party lineup... Expect to see performances this Saturday from Eli Escobar, Max Glazer, Janka Nabay, Ricky Blaze & Chelly, Maluca, PO PO, Bosco Delrey, DJ Sega, Bathroom Sexx and Paul Devro!
Entrance is FREE and ALL AGES are welcome. Thanks to NYC partners Diesel, JELLY, AMP, Sixpoint Craft Ales, The Seaport, Biz 3 and Veoba.
August 7th, 2010 / 1:00-8:00 PM
South Street Seaport
Fulton & South Streets
Pier 17, New York, NY
BrooklynVegan presents Fuck The Facts, Attake, Magrudergrind, Defeatist @ Cake Shop (Early Show)
Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings will be backed by the Bushwick Philharmonic in Prospect Park tonight....
the Bushwick Phil, which started as a growing string section that recorded on all of the SJDK albums and was only a Duo on 'Dap-Dippin', a Trio on 'Naturally', a Quartet on '100 Days' and a Sextet on 'I Learned the Hard Way'. For this epochal moment in the great Brooklyn soul revival, the line-up will expand to include Timpani, Vibes, the String Quartet and Victor Axelrod (Ticklah, Antibalas) on Piano.Lee Fields will be one of those surprise guests.
This show will also serve as the record release party for the hard-hitting Budos Band, who will be release their new album (Budos Band III) right after the show.
The Honeydripper, a crucial member to the illustrious Daptone DJ roster, brings the 45 heat with a mix of world class Soul, Funk, and Latin that been proven to fill even the most discriminating dance floors. Bring your dancing shoes and a change of clothes, because this classy lady means business.
There will undoubtedly be some surprise special guests for this hometown show... don't miss it!
The Local Natives show at Governors Island tonight is not free, but it's cheap...
Governors Island ferries [FOR LOCAL NATIVES ON SATURDAY NIGHT] will begin running from PIER 11, South Street & Wall Street, beginning at 6:00 pm.We Barbarians, who go on to play Mercury Lounge and Pianos are one of the Local Natives openers.
THERE WILL BE NO CONCERT FERRIES DEPARTING FROM THE BATTERY MARITIME BUILDING.
Will call & box office will occur on the island at the venue main entrance.
Show time is 8:00PM.
Young Man is opening at Governors Island tonight too.
Josh Ritter headlines the free show at Governors Island on Sunday.
Justin Townes Earle is healing and definitely opening for Josh Ritter, as is Dawn Landes...
We encourage everyone to come early and enjoy the beach. Governors Island ferries [FOR JOSH RITTER ON SUNDAY] will run from the Battery Maritime Building until 5:30PM ONLY. If you are on the island early, please make sure to get yourself to the Beach venue by 5:30 PM where concert wristbands will be available. Doors will open at 6:00 PM.---
Dedicated concert ferries will depart starting at 7:15 PM. Please enter the ferry queue at the NORTH end of the Battery Maritime Building. Concert wristbands will be handed out, subject to availability, in the ferry queue starting at 6:45 PM.
Show time is 8:15PM.
Cut Copy headlines the free show at Williamsburg Waterfront Sunday. Memory Tapes, Restless People and Glasser are all also on the bill.
Memory Tapes last played Brooklyn during the Northside Festival.