The xx @ Webster Hall in 2009 (more by Chris La Putt)
today in NYC
* Holly Miranda @ In Vino
* Empire of the Sun @ Terminal 5
* Peter Gregson @ Le Poisson Rouge
* Ceremony, Punch @ Death By Audio
* Wallpaper, Punches @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Jonah Matranga, Mansions @ Maxwell's
* Holy Ghost Tent Revival @ The Rock Shop
* We Barbarians, Enlou, Old Monk @ Pianos
* Asphalt Orchestra @ Lincoln Center (Broadway Plaza)
* Ramona of Nite Jewel, Roe Enney, Lazer Crystal, Konichiwa @ Cake Shop
* Soul Rebels Brass Band, Wild Magnolias, Glen David Andrews @ Damrosch Park
* The xx, Chairlift, Jack Penate @ Central Park Summerstage
* Ceremony, Punch, Black Kites, Death First, Natural Law @ Death By Audio
* Wreckmeister Harmonies, Chris Brokaw, unFact @ Knitting Factory Brooklyn
* Dead Western + Travis Laplante + Myth of Mitch (featuring Trevor Dunn) (curated by Charlie Looker) @ Zebulon
* Cut Copy, Memory Tapes, Glasser, Restless People @ Williamsburg Waterfront (Jelly Pool Parties)
* Josh Ritter (& The Royal City Band), Justin Townes Earle, Dawn Landes (& The Hounds) @ Governors Island (The Beach)
Juan Maclean opens for Empire of the Sun with a DJ set tonight and tomorrow.
We Barbarians opened for Local Natives at Governors Island last night and headline Pianos tonight.
UK cellist Peter Gregson will make his NY debut at LPR tonight, playing songs by Steve Reich, Max Richter, Daníel Bjarnason (of the Bedroom Community label) and more. Tickets are on sale. Tomorrow, pianist Bruce Brubaker plays at the venue for the NY premiere of Nico Muhly's Drones & Piano, plus music by Philip Glass, John Cage and Alvin Curran. Tickets are on sale.
FOR JOSH RITTER TONIGHT:
Sunday, August 8, 2010---
Josh Ritter & The Royal City Band with Justin Townes Earle and Dawn Landes & The Hounds
We encourage everyone to come early and enjoy the beach. Governors Island ferries will run from the Battery Maritime Building until 5:30PM ONLY. If you are on the island early, please make sure to get yourself to the Beach venue by 5:30 PM where concert wristbands will be available. Doors will open at 6:00 PM.
Dedicated concert ferries will depart starting at 7:15 PM. Please enter the ferry queue at the NORTH end of the Battery Maritime Building. Concert wristbands will be handed out, subject to availability, in the ferry queue starting at 6:45 PM.
Show time is 8:15PM.