Posted in To Do | music on August 20, 2010

* Das Racist, BBU, Lionshare, Tayisha Busay, Zebra Baby @ Glasslands
* Abe Vigoda, Hollerado, Hawnay Troof, Uncle Bad Touch @ Cake Shop
* O'Death, Jonny Corndawg, The Goddamn Rattlesnake @ The Rock Shop
* Guttermouth, The New Threat, World War IX @ The Studio at Webster Hall
* The Detroit Cobras, Heavy Cream @ Rocks Off Concert Cruise - The Halfmoon
* Dream Diary, The Shining Twins, Phonetag, Wyldlife Monster @ Island Basement
* Peter's House Music, Psychobuildings, Free Blood, CSC Funk Band @ Death By Audio
* Dream Band, Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson, Caveman, Acrylics @ Cameo Gallery
* Deva (female-fronted Devo tribute), The Othermen, Twin Guns, The Headless Hookers @ Bruar Falls
* Jupiter One, Project Jenny, Project Jan, Mother Feather, The Poison Control Center @ Mercury Lounge

Delta Spirit have a new video for Bushwick Blues. Check it out below...

What else?

Mondo Indie Dance Party @ Don Hill's FREE Before Midnight

Indie Pop - 60s Girl Groups- Indie Rock - Local Faves - Electropop - Twee and More

Best music.

Big fun.

Cute people.

Dance around like a crazy person.

511 Greenwich Street (at Spring St)

------
FREE Before Midnight, $5 Cover - $3 reduced with flyer or invitation after

21 and over
11:00 pm to 4 am

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 4:24 PM

Marah at Bowery electric could be a good show, but the management in that club is so bad that it makes me never want to enter that gateway to hell. The doormen are complete dicks and make a fake line and the middle aged floozy looking woman that runs the joint is truly a nut job. I don't care if John Lennon returned from the grave and said he was playing a gig there... I wouldn't go to that place for nothing!

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 4:26 PM

i read on the CSN community board: theres going to be a mass suicide tonight at crosby stills and nash @ Jones Beach. these crazy old hippies are inspired by the fans of Phish, and are planning to jump 25 ft off the upper deck!

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 4:31 PM

late nite dance party at shea stadium w/ sal p (liquid liquid) and mark kamins (danceteria)

also DJing

Etienne (real estate)
Jan Woo (body actualized)
Tone Tone
and Mcgregor (choc bobka)

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 4:31 PM

Myron Walden's Countryfied

special album release show

7PM, Sullivan Hall, $10

214 Sullivan St. West Village NYC

Posted by Jacob | August 20, 2010 4:33 PM

Lots of goodness tonight.
Marah is a great live band, and PJPJ is always fun to see.

I however will be at V.O.D. at Gramercy tonight.

Posted by Kurt C | August 20, 2010 4:33 PM

I'm really thinking about going to see VOD...hope I get out of work on time.

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 4:46 PM

Yea... I went to Bowery electric once a few months ago, and I think it could be the worse run place in the tri-state area. The manager woman acts like a mom from hell yelling at the concert goers.

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 4:52 PM

I don't know what the fuck you're talking about people. I've played and attended shows at the Bowery Electric and everyone has been nuthin' but nice. So um, maybe it's you two that are the assholes? Think about it.

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 5:01 PM

Posted by Anon | August 20, 2010 5:06 PM

^^oops, i forgot to sign my name to the above post.

Mom from Hell (Manager of Bowery Electric)

Posted by momfromhell | August 20, 2010 5:08 PM

Just saying... I like Marah and would see them but NOT at Bowery electric. But don't take my word for it. Do a yelp or citi search and look at how many comments there are about "the mom from hell" at Bowery electric.
She. Is. The. Worst. Ever.

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 5:30 PM

Basically, if you attend a show at Bowery Electric you are not allowed to have any fun. All your allowed to do is pay your admission, and stand there with your hands in your pockets. If you move around to much "the mom from hell" will stick one of the bouncers on you. And if you drink more then 2 watered down drinks she will have her eye on you like your a bad kid and also alert the bouncers trouble is brewing. The place is only good for NYU students with khaki pants and sweaters tied around their waist that want to hear the DJ play Journey.

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 5:39 PM

Only fags drink Corona. Stick that bottle and your little gay hat up you mother's cunt.

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 5:59 PM

Yea... I played Bowery Electric once and "The Mom From Hell" stiffed me on drink tickets. And I saw her yelling at some guy for something. I mean REALLY yelling too. (like a mom from hell would do)

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 6:03 PM

The Dwarves show at the Bowery Electric was anything but "a hands in the pockets" show.

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 6:06 PM

^mom from hell must have had the night off.

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 6:10 PM

I went to Bowery electric a few weeks ago and I saw this mom from hell. She didn't do any yelling when I was there but she was standing there staring at everybody. It did kinda freak me out.

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 6:14 PM

Grinderman is on sale at Best Buy Theater

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 7:32 PM

5:59 Corona tastes good, dude, it's all right sometimes, it has its place. But you need to calm down, so instead of a beer I recommend a DUNKACCINO!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 7:59 PM

"Javelin, JD Samson (DJ set) @ The Yard at The Soho Grand Hotel is tomorrow afternoon NOT tonight."

wrong

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 8:06 PM

"mom from hell" is indeed working at Bowery Electric tonight. I am at the show and she is totally a buzz kill.

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 9:01 PM

Johnny T, the owner of the Bowery Electric is also a complete and total jerk. He is the rudest person I have ever met in NY and that says a lot. I have a feeling his attitude influences how the Bowery Electric is run. The shame is the co-owner Jesse Malin is a decent guy.

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 9:06 PM

might go to this show just to see Mom from Hell

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 9:06 PM

Yea Jesse Malin is a cool guy... But that mom from hell manager scares the shit out of me. She dresses in 1996 slutty clothes and makes mean faces at everyone in there. I once saw someone light a cigg on there, (true it is wrong) but I remember her screaming so loud it drowned out the hardcore singer on the stage! Not joking...

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 9:15 PM

mom from hell playing at 10pm bowery electric don't miss it! 21+

Posted by Anonymous | August 20, 2010 9:19 PM

Now a lead singer jumped to his death. Lets leave it at 3 and stop with the jumping now please!

Posted by The Mighty KC | August 21, 2010 3:23 AM