Posted in hiphop | music on September 14, 2010

by BBG

"Yankee Stadium was #EPIC last night. Performances by JayZ,Drake,Kanye West,Eminem,G-Unit,Dr.Dre,Nicki Minaj,B.O.B & Eminem all on one stage!" -ThisIsChi_JEG

"Apparently a Coldplay concert broke out in the middle of Jay-Z's Yankee Stadium set last night. Can safely say no one saw that coming." -BarthDoesThings

"I've been trying to find a word to explain the Jay-Z/Eminem Yankee Stadium show.. I got it.. WOW!!!!!" -DJCK_BROOKLYN

Jay-Z & Chris Martin on stage @ Yankee Stadium
Jay-Z & Chris Martin

Jay-Z and Eminem tore down Yankee Stadium last night (9/13), the first of TWO shows that the pair of MCs will play in the Bronx. And there were guests... Kanye was present. Chris Martin of Coldplay dropped in. Beyonce had her say. Dr Dre was there. 50 Cent too. Not to mention Drake, Nicky Minaj, D12, B.O.B, Swizz Beatz, Lloyd Banks, and many others.

"The concert lasted well past midnight, and a few thousand in the crowd started to make their way to the exits while Jay-Z was still rapping to beat the after-concert rush. But most stayed behind, sensing what Jay-Z told them. ''This is historic: They ain't never gonna be another night like tonight.''

Well, maybe one more night -- the pair has another show at Yankee Stadium on Tuesday." [NY Times]

After the show, Jigga, Mrs Hova, and guests headed down to the 40/40 Club for a nightcap.

The madness continues tonight (9/14) at Yankee Stadium. A bunch of videos and both setlists (with guests listed) from last night, below...

Eminem Performs With Dr.Dre, 50 Cent & B.O.B. At Yankee Stadium

Eminem - Forever / Patiently Waiting (feat. 50 Cent) (Live @ Yankee Stadium) 9/13/10

Jayz & Kanye West "Monster"

Jay-Z x Beyonce Perform "Forever Young" Live at Yankee Stadium NYC 9/13

Jay-Z Performs "Renegade" With Eminem & "Light Up" With Drake

Jayz & Kanye West "Power Remix"

Eminem Setlist (VIA):
Won't Back Down
3AM
Square Dance
W.T.P.
Kill You
No Love
So Bad
Cleanin' Out My Closet
Say I Am
Fight Music (feat. D12)
Purple Pills (feat. D12)
My Band (feat. D12)
Airplanes Part 2 (feat. B.o.B)
Stan
Sing For The Moment
Like Toy Soldiers
Forever
Patiently Waiting (feat. 50 Cent)
I Get Money (feat. 50 Cent)
Beamer, Benz, Bentley (feat. Lloyd Banks)
In Da Club (feat. 50 Cent)
Till I Collapse
Cindarella Man
Love The Way You Lie
My Name Is
Still D.R.E. (feat. Dr. Dre)
Nuthin But A G Thang (feat. Dr. Dre and 50 Cent)
Crack A Bottle
Real Slim Shady
Without Me
Not Afraid
Lose Yourself

Jay-Z Setlist:
Dynasty/Intro
Run This Town (feat. Kanye West)
Power Remix (feat. Kanye West)
Monster (feat. Kanye West & Nicki Minaj)
Can't Tell Me Nothing (feat. Kanye West)
Good Life (feat. Kanye West)
On to the Next One
D.O.A.
Lucifer/Free Mason
Renegade (feat. Eminem)
Takeover (Intro)
U Don't Know
99 Problems
Jigga What
Big Pimpin'
Hard Knock Life
One More Chance
Juicy
A Dream
P.S.A.
Heart of the City (feat. Chris Martin)
Most Kingz (feat. Chris Martin)
Viva La Vida (feat. Chris Martin)
Miss Me (feat. Drake)
Light Up (feat. Drake)
Forever Young (feat. Beyonce)
Already Home
Empire State Of Mind (feat. Bridget Kelly)
Jigga My Nigga
HOVA
Best Of Me
You, Me, Him, Her (Snippet)
Where I'm From
Dirt Off Your Shoulder
I Just Wanna Love You
Numb/Encore

i wish i went seeing this setlist, wow

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 12:15 PM

that setlist is absolutely insane

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 12:16 PM

yeah, holy shit that's a lot of music!

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 12:18 PM

not a fan of rap, but wow this is as good as it gets in that scene ibet

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 12:18 PM

Why do these two heavy hitters need so many guests? Surely they could've pulled it off themselves

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 12:23 PM

The Last Waltz of hip-hop

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 12:28 PM

I don't get it. People actually pay money for this?

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 12:29 PM

12:29..I didn't pay to go last night..I bartered a sheep for a ticket in the upper deck? What do ewe expect?

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 12:33 PM

I'm extremely jealous of those who attended.

Posted by Dustin | September 14, 2010 12:37 PM

shocked as shit that these rap acts delivered... i'd figure they would bang all of you for your money and then play twenty songs collectively... too bad rap sucks....

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 12:38 PM

not interested, thanks

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 12:39 PM

This show was epic

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 12:40 PM

What time did the show start?

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 12:43 PM

No Bieber?

Posted by J | September 14, 2010 12:50 PM

I hate rap music.

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 12:53 PM

will Linkin Park play w them for Numb/Encore tonight after their show in Times Square?

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 1:02 PM

I'd love to know what percentage of these 720p videos are coming from iPhone 4's. Regardless, hot damn thats a concert.

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 1:09 PM

It looks like a lot of music, im sure they played 2 minutes of every song. And come on, they play twice a year, they should put on a show.

Posted by Rob | September 14, 2010 1:10 PM

"epic" "tore down Yankee Stadium" "madness"

SMH, when will the madness of you absolute over hyping jackasses stop?

You should be tortured in the worst possible way for referring to a hip hop show in a giant baseball stadium using these words.

OMG Eminem did a minute and a half of "My Name is" Insane Holy Shit.

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 1:11 PM

holy amazing......... wow!

'rap sucks', ... wow. what time portal / state did you crawl from. you are embarrassing yourself shh.

also... rap is a vocal style / delivery, not a genre of music. hip-hop often features rap. so do alot of other genres...

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 1:11 PM

How could people frown at this set?
People just want to sit at home, stir their hummus with their fingers, and talk about how music sucks.

Posted by John Oatess | September 14, 2010 1:12 PM

32 tracks from eminem and 37 from jay-z

i'm sorry, even if they aren't all full tracks, that is still a hell of a lot of music.

my guess is that nas shows up tonight.

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 1:14 PM

rap sucks? what are you from 1984?

this discussion is over. has been for 20 years. your camp lost.

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 1:19 PM

1:11 you exemplify what is wrong with humanity as a whole

GUESS WHAT'S AWESOME? BEIN SNARKY. WHY DONCHA SADDLE ON UP TO THAT THERE INTERNET AND TRY IT OUT!

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 1:20 PM

Emehnem

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 1:34 PM

"Oh and to the other idiots going on and on about the killer set lists. You do realize they don't play any of these songs fully, right?"

i dont really agree with everything else youre saying, but this is true. on paper the show looks to be 5 hours long but that is definitely not the case

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 1:36 PM

Jesus. These two may have fallen off years ago, but kudos to them for making a mainstream rap show at a baseball stadium into anything other than an embarassing clusterfuck. It looks like they actually really threw together a spectacular event.

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 1:40 PM

i think anyone with experience at a rap show knows not to expect full songs as they appear in recorded form. why this is even brought up as a point is inane.

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 1:41 PM

RAP = RETARDS ATTEMPTING POETRY

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 1:46 PM

as far as i remember, bob was 730-830, eminem was 9-10:30, jayz was 11-12:45

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 1:50 PM

1:46, wow you even typed in all caps. just like a little retard boy should. congrats!

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 1:53 PM

ya'll can make fun of me for what I am about to write:

Jay Z killed it in Brooklyn when he came out with Phish.

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 1:55 PM

Unreal is all I can say about this show. Blew me away. I was with my girl in centerfield watching my boys Jigga and EM on the video screens. Like YouTube at home only bigger yo! I'm going again tonight cause you know they are just gonna flip that shit up. Like the second verse of Big Pimpin tonight instead of just the first that they did last night.

Hate on me. You all jealous

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 2:05 PM

quit lying 2:05. you aint got no girl.

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 2:08 PM

"Jay Z killed it in Brooklyn when he came out with Phish."

Yeah, I was there and he did.
Rap's Grateful Dead.

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 2:09 PM

wait, i've never been to a rap show before...why don't they play full songs? Do they do medleys of the hits or something?

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 2:17 PM

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 2:20 PM

B.O.B. 730-8pm
Eminem 830-10pm
Jay Z 10:30-12:45

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 2:23 PM

When did Hov play with Phish?!?!?

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 2:27 PM

brooklyn, june 2004

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 2:32 PM

"It was funny when Jay finished 99 problems with Phish - he looks around keyspan park and goes, "Damn...ya'll been hiding this from me". "

Yeah, that mostly white suburban crowd surpised him. I remember seeing clouds after clouds of ganja smoke rising from the crowd during his 2 songs w/Phish.
I'll give it to the phish fans, they do know how to get down.

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 2:32 PM

watch that clip above of their performance - its pretty badass.

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 2:34 PM

When any says ''This is historic: They ain't never gonna be another night like tonight.''''This is historic: “
That usually means there full of shit.

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 2:35 PM

"Yeah, that mostly white suburban crowd surpised him."

and everyone was rapping right along with him, knowing all the lines.

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 2:36 PM

everyone in this thread is on the down low lol

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 2:38 PM

Call me crazy, but I like music where people sing and play real instruments. But I'm just a simple caveman. Your overly repetitive beats and samples and angry shouting, and inability to speak the English language properly frightens me. Now, you don't even have to rhyme when you rap. If you can't think of a word that rhymes, who cares? Make up a word. The people who buy your records don't care. If they cared, they would be listening to music where people sing and play instruments.

Posted by The Mighty KC | September 14, 2010 2:56 PM

The Mighty KC you are crazy!

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 3:09 PM

My dad calls rap music CRAP MUSIC!! Lol! He is a funny old codger!

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 3:37 PM

you are simple, ill give you that much.

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 3:42 PM

omg... who let their dad on the interwebs. mighty kc, if you are not >40yrs old, you are a sad fuck.

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 3:43 PM

let's face it...

live rap and/or hip-hop is a joke.

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 4:18 PM

Are you people really this close-minded? If something's not to your liking than it must be 'bad'? I was at the show last night and it was an experience unlike any other I've had at a show--and I've been to a lot of shows. It wasn't the best show I've ever seen, but it was great nonetheless. Everyone who stepped on that stage last night was an exceptional performer. As someone who is more a fan of the aforementioned 'people who sing and play real instruments' genre, it's fine that hip hop is not your thing, however, it's pretty intolerant to label it as 'bad' because you don't like it.

Oh, and as an unnecessary aside, both acts had full band playing the 'real instruments' of which you are so fond.

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 4:38 PM

Everyone who is sitting here hating on this and ESPECIALLY RAP all are hunched over at their computers at their crappy jobs wishing they could do something cool.

You are just haters plain and simple.

Posted by John Oatess | September 14, 2010 4:44 PM

The Coldplay guy? Really?

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 4:54 PM

All I'm gonna say about this concert is 3 simple facts:

1. JZ is rap music for bottle service clubs and sucks.
2. Eminem is over and his novelty has worn out. Also sucks.
3. Hummus makes for a delicious late afternoon snack, and doesn't suck.

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 6:06 PM

How is eminem over, he's coming back stronger now, he's one of the most talented artist out there.

Posted by Hannah H | September 14, 2010 8:14 PM

is that what happens when your career is over-you play Yankee Stadium?

Posted by matt | September 14, 2010 9:34 PM

Surprisingly, Coldplay guy and the Mrs. and Jay-Z and Mrs. have been BFFs for several years, so it's not so surprising he was there...

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 9:44 PM

That Coldplay guy can't rhyme for shit.

Posted by Anonymous | September 14, 2010 10:37 PM

how much is hummus at new stadium?

Posted by Anonymous | September 15, 2010 12:04 AM

Hummus is seriously overpriced at the new stadium. $6.50 for a small container, and the pita triangles are an extra 50 cent.

Posted by Anonymous | September 15, 2010 1:34 AM

Just got back from tonight's show. Don't think there was one person having a bad time there. Same guests as last night minus Chris Martin plus Swizz Beatz and Mary J. Blige.

Posted by Anonymous | September 15, 2010 1:37 AM

i would have loved to go to the show just to see dr.dre

Posted by Nikhil | September 15, 2010 9:43 AM

Just to clear things up.. This show lasted 5 hours. It was EPIC! They both were amazing. This was the best concert that I have ever been to...

Posted by Anonymous | September 15, 2010 11:23 AM

It was an epic night. No, not the greatest show ever but it was definitely one of the the most fun. I do understand the not doing full songs. But if there was one classic that should've been finished it should've been "Stan" I got a little choked up when it started playing. People listening to the lyrics for the first time don't know that Stan dies at the end. In the setlist, you forgot Jay-Z's "Lost+" verse over the "clocks" instrumental.

Posted by Anonymous | September 15, 2010 11:36 AM

1:19 said it well. Saying that the conversation on whether hip-hop is good or not ended in 2004, cause two of the best albums in the genre came out that year: "The College Dropout" by Kanye & "The Tipping Point" by The Roots.

Posted by Anonymous | September 15, 2010 11:43 AM

i dont go to hip hop shows so forgive my ignorance. what's the reasoning behind the entire song not being played?

Posted by Anonymous | September 15, 2010 12:17 PM

the reasoning is this imo: sadly, the vast majority of people that go to these shows are not music-lovers, they don't appreciate music with more thought behind it, and thus have a very short attention-span as they're just into whatever they hear on Z100/Hot 97 etc. So you have to keep the show moving b/c otherwise the audience will get bored real quick.

Add in that most commercial rappers have no idea how to really perform live & entertain and dont put much thought into their "shows" (Jay-Z is def. excluded from this), and you have rappers who can't be bothered to remember all the verses to their songs. This is why live hip hop sucks most of the time.

Posted by Anonymous | September 15, 2010 3:35 PM

If you need to say something is "historic", it's not historic. It's cool that everyone there had a good time. I had a good time as well. But "historic"? Give me a break.

"Everyone who stepped on that stage last night was an exceptional performer."

Nicky Minaj is awful.

Posted by Anonymous | September 15, 2010 3:45 PM

LMAO HUMMUS.

I'm pretty sure they don't play 'full songs' because most of their songs are exceptionally long, and it tends to keep the crowds interest peaked when they switch it up live. Anyway, I really enjoyed how they did it last nite. For everyone saying they didn't know what they were doing... fck yerself. It was fucking historic.

Posted by Anonymous | September 15, 2010 7:01 PM

Whoever said Eminem is over must have a handicap.

Clearly he's over, it's not like 'Love the Way You Lie' was #1 for months, or Recovery was #1 for months. Definitely not like it's still up at the very top or anything.

Posted by Anonymous | September 15, 2010 7:07 PM

Go Jay-Z!!! Already got my tickets for this weekend, can't wait for the show! If anyone else is stuck still looking for tix, you gotta check this out: http://www.smokingtickets.com/performer-events/jayz-tickets/

Posted by Jenni | October 27, 2011 9:38 AM

god I would have loved to see this concert. to sick. I think this would have really been a great show

Posted by beats | February 18, 2012 10:53 PM