Posted in music | pictures on October 20, 2010

Daft Punk @ MSG, 10/20/2010 (picture by Jon Alagem)
Phoenix and Daft Punk

Phoenix & Daft Punk bow @ MSG, 10/20/2010 (picture by Jon Alagem)
Phoenix and Daft Punk

As prophesized, Daft Punk performed with Phoenix Wedneday night at Madison Square Garden in NYC. It wasn't a long appearance - they only came out for the encore to play with their fellow Frenchmen, but it was Daft Punk at MSG! (just in time to help promote Tron during the biggest music week of the year in NYC). Their set included "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" mixed into "1901".

Wavves opened the show at the very large venue to lots of empty seats, and then didn't even get to stick around to see Daft Punk because their set time at Purevolume House was 10pm (Daft Punk went on at 10:50). At least at the Purevolume show they probably got to play to a packed house (not downplaying the fact that Wavves got to play MSG, full or not).

Dirty Projectors played second, and according to Andrew Frisicano, they sounded "HUGE".

CMJ continues...

wow. so daft punk finally went on.

Posted by Anonymous | October 20, 2010 11:32 PM

Apparently @ 10:50 no less

Posted by Anonymous | October 20, 2010 11:54 PM

listening to Bumpin Tacos Greatest Tits

Posted by louie | October 20, 2010 11:58 PM

I hope someone recorded that.

Posted by V | October 21, 2010 12:28 AM

"wow. so daft punk finally went on."

the fact that this comment was first gives me some hope for brooklyn vegan. god bless you, sir.

Posted by Anonymous | October 21, 2010 1:55 AM

what the fuck? i read a comment earlier that was like "what time does daft punk go on with phoenix" and i thought it was another regular catchphrase joke. my god... the men who cried daft punk

Posted by Anonymous | October 21, 2010 2:09 AM

lucky bunch of fuckers

Posted by Anonymous | October 21, 2010 2:33 AM

ugh, that is a major letdown. i thought they actually threw on some daft punk tunes. BV's tweet was misleading....now i def. do not care.

Posted by Anonymous | October 21, 2010 3:06 AM

3:06 you sound like a moron

Posted by Anonymous | October 21, 2010 4:15 AM

Wanna bet it wasn't them?

Posted by Anonymous | October 21, 2010 7:29 AM

I'm confused... in the video the phoenix song playing is If I Ever Feel Better not 1901. Did they switch songs and start If I Ever Feel Better with the musical part that's usually in the middle? Or is everyone really bad at telling Phoenix songs apart?

Posted by Anonymous | October 21, 2010 8:12 AM

answered my own question. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c_YVgJ0p7o

Posted by Anonymous | October 21, 2010 8:16 AM

meh all over the place

Posted by Anonymous | October 21, 2010 9:19 AM

hey 1:55, how about i stick my dick up your ass. would that give you hope for brooklyn vegan? no, seriously, would it?
the people on this site, i swear.

Posted by Anonymous | October 21, 2010 9:42 AM

I am guessing Wavves went on right at 8PM. Who gets to a show that early?

As it was, I got there at 9, and Dirty Projectors had *also* gone on and left by that time. I wasn't expecting that.

Posted by Gwin | October 21, 2010 9:52 AM

9:42, new material please.

Posted by Anonymous | October 21, 2010 10:01 AM

What was the purpose of that giant white sheet? (right before the ceiling lit up with a rotating starry night sky)

Posted by Anonymous | October 21, 2010 10:25 AM

10:01, already?
ok, ill tone it down

Posted by Anonymous | October 21, 2010 10:46 AM

Daft Punk Is Playing at My House

/@amarestoudemire

Posted by Anonymous | October 21, 2010 10:47 AM

9:52, everyone who wants to see the opening acts at a big venue show gets there early. Seems like it was your first time attempting.

Posted by Anonymous | October 21, 2010 11:19 AM

@10:25, the sheet was totally odd.

Posted by Anonymous | October 21, 2010 11:21 AM

@10:25, the sheet was supposed to be a screen for a video projection but the crowd yanked it down like a buncha yahoos.

Posted by j | October 21, 2010 11:31 AM

@ 11:21am: "so the dueling guitars/keyboards before 1901 was the theme from close encounters, right?" The answer is "yes" and that's pretty fucking badass.

Posted by Anonymous | October 21, 2010 11:43 AM

Did you hear them also play the theme from hummus?

Posted by Anonymous | October 21, 2010 11:59 AM

best night of my life to date.

Posted by phoebe Vickers | October 21, 2010 12:04 PM

Um yeah 11:19 AM, I got there exactly 1 hour after the first band was *supposed* to go on, expecting to hear THE SECOND BAND (or at the very least, part of that show). Not sure what is so hard to understand about that.

I'm guessing I was already going to shows while you were still furtively jacking off to Tori Spelling on 90210, though, so I'll forgive your stupidity.

Posted by Gwin | October 21, 2010 10:23 PM

Wonderful post and the location is beautiful and elegant in design and information and everything>>> to Favorites
Amazing is an enormous understatement. One of the best electronic shows I've ever been to and I've seen well over a thousand concerts. I had no idea Vladislav Delay was as good a drummer & percussionist as he is- fabulous and he kept everything swinging with a very unique style of playing. If you missed this you missed out big time...
===================

Posted by يوتيوب القمة | March 2, 2011 2:40 AM

Your post will be rather good, and I’m sure some will find it interesting because it’s about a topic that’s as widely discussed as others. Some may even find it useful.Thanks so much for your post.

Posted by windows software downloads | July 19, 2011 10:31 PM

Several buses are available near Twin Fountains EC along with shopping centers and restaurants. Twin Fountains EC is also near Causeway Point as well as Woodlands Waterfront. Entertainment for your loved ones and friends are therefore at your fingertips with the full condo facilities as well as the amenities near Twin Fountains EC.

Posted by Twin Fountains Site Plan | February 3, 2013 7:01 AM

Belgravia Villas is also near elite schools such as Chatsworth International School and Lycee Francais De Singapour. Nanyang Polytechnic and Anderson Secondary School are also around in the area.
For vehicle owners, it takes less than 20 minutes to drive to the business hub and vibrant Orchard Road shopping district, via Central Expressway (CTE).

Posted by Ang Mo Kio Cluster House | March 26, 2013 3:28 AM

One of the best concerts of my entire life. Definitly.

Posted by Travel | May 6, 2013 10:31 PM

Oh yeah? Took you about three years to mention it, fucker.

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2013 11:11 PM

maybe he wanted to take some more time and go to more concerts before he announced it was the best of his ENTIRE LIFE you douchebag

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2013 11:13 PM

If it was one of the best concerts of his entire life, that statement would imply he is now dead.

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2013 11:35 PM

Coral Edge Residences has full and unique facilities, which includes a guard house, clubhouse, Function Room & Indoor Gym Tennis Court, 50m Freeform Pool Pool Deck, Wading Pool, Splash Pool & Family Pool Jacuzzi & Hydro Spa, BBQ Area Dining and Play Fountain, Fitness Alcove & Children’s Playground and Garden Trail. The condo’s facilities provide full family entertainment needs for your family and loved ones. Indulge in a serene and tranquil lifestyle right in the heart of Punggol.
Thx

Posted by http://coraledge-residence.com | June 1, 2013 10:31 PM

The condo’s facilities provide full family entertainment needs for your family and loved ones. Indulge in a serene and tranquil lifestyle right in the heart of Bugis.
Several buses are available near Rocher Road and Beach Road along with shopping centers and restaurants.

Posted by DUO | June 6, 2013 1:47 AM

Great Post. I have not been visiting the site recently. Took a visit again and there were some great comments on the site. Excellent post.
Keep up the good work.

Posted by EC in Sengkang | June 17, 2013 9:59 PM

acest om este nebun! E foarte înfricoșător. Cum se simte?

Posted by Duo Residences Bugis | June 29, 2013 8:41 AM

Bravo posebna mama!!Svako od nas ima neki svoj način da svoju nutrinu pokaže na van.

Posted by J Gateway Condo | June 29, 2013 8:59 AM

Several buses are available near Skypark Residences along with shopping centers and restaurants. Skypark Residences is also near Sembawang Shopping Centre as well as Woodlands Waterfront. Entertainment for your loved ones and friends are therefore at your fingertips with the full condo facilities as well as the amenities near Skypark Residences.

Posted by Skypark Residences Site Plan | July 10, 2013 7:14 AM

Positively an incredible work is here. This is the article to whom I was hunting down quite a while and now I discovered it here, I get a charge out of in the wake of discovering this valuable post and likewise might want to say on account of you for such a useful post. You have done an extremely amazing work.

Posted by The Glades | July 18, 2013 7:38 AM

Posted by Duo Residences | July 18, 2013 7:43 AM

Truly a great work is here. This is the article to whom I was searching for a long time and now I found it here, I enjoy after finding this precious post and also would like to say thanks to you for such a informative post. You have done a very impressive work.

Posted by Kensington Square | July 18, 2013 7:46 AM

I really appreciate your post. It gives an outstanding idea that is very helpful for all the people on the web. Thanks for sharing this information and I'll love to read your next post too.

Posted by The Skywoods | July 18, 2013 7:50 AM

Also, it is right beside Jurong Stadium as well as the Jurong Archery Club. Entertainment for your loved ones and friends are therefore at your fingertips with the full condo facilities as well as the amenities near New Condo in Jurong

Posted by jurong west condo preview date | October 9, 2013 2:23 AM

I was in NYC for the MMJ T5 run when this happened. It was on the off night of the week and instead of going to THIS, I went to see the Speaking Clock Revue. Biggest. Mistake. Ever.

Posted by Anonymous | January 28, 2014 11:28 AM

Each feasible proposal will be given a grant capped at $10,000 to help with the cost of developing and test-bedding the prototypes. Awardees will have to match dollar for dollar, the grant received from HD

Posted by resale deals of shoeboxes | April 7, 2014 11:28 PM

I know about them, but I haven't listened to much of their music. This has got my appetite going, thanks for that.

Posted by Robert Elliot | July 21, 2014 9:52 AM