Posted in music on October 10, 2010

this goes out to our busdriver... (more by Ryan Muir)
Gayngs

Official statement from the band:

Last night, GAYNGS' tour bus, containing all of the band's gear, personal belongings, and livelihood, was mistakenly driven across the country from Emo's Downtown, en route to the ACL Festival Grounds. Unable to reach the driver of the bus, the band reported the gear stolen at approximately 4:20am.

After a sleepless, worry full night, the band made every attempt to borrow and backline equipment so the show could go on, however, we regret to announce that we will not be able to perform without the necessary equipment that was taken by the bus.

We are insanely bummed out by these events. We can only hope to have the opportunity to make it up to all of you. Thanks for your support on this tour. It was truly a dream come true.

Due to unfortunate circumstances Gayngs regretfully has to cancel their performance on the ZYNC stage at 3pm-4pm

ACL is pleased to announce Lance Herbstrong will be performing at the ZYNC stage at 3pm. [Austin360]

Lance Herbstrong is on stage as I type this. Lance was also the unannounced special guest on the ACL kiddie stage on Saturday. More ACL coverage coming soon.

Gayngs' tour is now completely over. Last week they hit NYC twice.

"mistakenly driven across the country"

Who makes these mistakes?

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2010 4:29 PM

gayniggers

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2010 4:41 PM

It's Raaaaandy time: Raaaandy Gettin' a Blowjob trying to find Gayngs Bus: "Hey umm hi I was just wondering if you've seen this band I came to see tonight's buuuuuuuuuuuus."

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2010 5:09 PM

How 'bout you just drive your own van next time, guys?

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2010 5:18 PM

Truth be told, He misplaced a giant jar of humus.

Posted by Humungous | October 10, 2010 5:33 PM

Awesome. Even more news about this band.

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2010 6:27 PM

haaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2010 6:32 PM

I heard the vans mini-fridge was packed full with Hummus - no surprise the roadie went AWOL with that motherload onboard.

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2010 7:37 PM

mehngs

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2010 7:54 PM

420

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2010 9:26 PM

emo's to the acL is only 5 miles.

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2010 9:27 PM

sad that all of the band's personal belongings fit inside that van

Posted by Anonymous | October 11, 2010 9:14 AM

Don't give the finger.

Posted by Anonymous | October 11, 2010 9:40 AM

van > gayngs

Posted by Anonymous | October 11, 2010 10:22 AM

Posted by Anonymous | October 11, 2010 10:23 AM

Lost en route from Emo's to ACL? They could have walked over to the bus and gotten their stuff back.

Posted by Anonymous | October 11, 2010 11:02 AM

leave your credit rating at the ZYNC stage.

Posted by Anonymous | October 11, 2010 1:13 PM

band owes $6000? they don't even make that much to have a tour fan. who's fronting this operation?

Posted by Anonymous | October 11, 2010 3:13 PM

I am the owner of the coach that gayngs was riding on. The bus was not stolen it was told to be taken back to Nashville for non payment. They were fully aware of the situation . They were given the opportunity to get their gear and belonging off the bus and the mgr nate told me to go f myself he was not paying anything. So the driver was told to take it back to Nashville till restitution was made. He made up every excuse not to pay. I feel I provided them with a nice clean dependable bus up to the end and he had no intentions of paying . So I had no alternative. I'm sorry their show did not go off but they can thank nate their mgr their mis fortune. I provide a service and expect to get paid so as of today they have sent someone to Nashville they paid what they owed and they have gotten back their gear and belongings. I hope they have learned a big lesson this incident and find a better manager who does not want to beat bus companies out of what they are owed we only wish them well and hope they stop the threats through their e mails against me and my driver Rock on!

Posted by Cj Curtsinger Owner | October 11, 2010 3:25 PM

The payment is late so the tour bus, containing all their belongings, is taken away before the tour is over?? Isn't that a little harsh??

I can't imagine this is the first time a rock band has been late with a payment. This bus company is going to have a hard time getting any more business if this is how they treat their clients.

Posted by Anonymous | October 11, 2010 6:59 PM

fuck gaynigs

Posted by Anonymous | October 11, 2010 8:03 PM

This band sucks! It takes a dumbass hipster to enjoy R $ B made by suburban retards. I hope this bankrupts them so they'll all have to go back to working at Starbucks.

Posted by Hater | October 11, 2010 10:44 PM

hey Cj Curtsinger way to be a dick, they have a legit label, even if the band had been hard to deal with you know you would have gotten your money, instead i hope they warn every touring act not to rent an RV or bus from you, if they had a dated contract for the rental they can probably sue you for lost wages at ACL, good luck douchebag, you fucked with someone's career.

PS i don't even like this band, i'm just sick of people acting like assholes as if there's never restitution for their acts, i hope your company feels the effects for this

Posted by Anonymous | October 12, 2010 9:21 AM

I wonder how long Gayngs knew about this supposed outstanding bill. They were scheduled to play Nashville on the way to ACL (10/7 was the date) and it was canceled. No explanation was ever given as to why and with the bus owner being located in Nashville, that seems a little fishy. At the same time I guess there would be a financial loss associated with canceling a show too though.

At the end of the day though, even if there was a contract that was in some kind of default their tour was coming to an end like the next day. Did the owner of the company really think he wouldn't get paid or that the band would run away with the bus? They are on a pretty reputable label. This guy must deal with a lot of music groups renting his buses, so he would know exactly what he was doing by taking their instruments.

On the other hand, if their manager really did tell him to fuck off, then they kind of got what they deserved. I would love to hear the actual story, but seeing as Gayngs can't even come up with an actual website that isn't Facebook or Myspace that's doubtful.

Also, MEHngs.

Posted by Anonymous | October 12, 2010 12:39 PM

I can't believe some of you entitled fucksticks... do you assume you can just not pay the rent in your apartment and the landlord should just chill because you have reputable parents? They owed 6 fucking grand and surely had a contract that stated that if they did not pay said 6 fucking grand then they would lose their bus. And if the bus company has enough $$ to, oh, I dunno, BE A FUCKING TOUR BUS COMPANY then I'm pretty sure they have been around the block enough times to know how things go. Who knows how long they had owed the money and what all their dealings were like but I highly doubt the company just asked for the $$ for the first time that afternoon and then when their unprofessional manager told them to fuck off they took back the bus.

They even had the chance to get their shit off the bus, but I'm sure that the manager also didn't relay that information, figuring that he/she could just throw their "I'm a rock band manager!" ego around and everything would be fine.

Posted by Anonymous | October 12, 2010 2:33 PM

As one of the aforementioned fucksticks, I'd like to weigh in on this. I completely understand the importance of running a business and needing to collect payments in a timely manner. But I still think that taking the bus away with all their belongings is a harsh punishment, regardless of the lateness of their payment. It would be like a landlord cleaning out your entire apartment for missing rent. Wouldn't it make more sense to charge interest on a late payment or something? I have to believe there was SOME other course of action less drastic. There's nothing more annoying than when bands have a sense of entitlement. But even still, I can't think of what they possibly could have done to merit such an extreme penalty.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 11:49 AM