Posted in music | pictures on October 13, 2010

photos by Toby Tenenbaum

Q-TIp with MNDR at Webster Hall last night
Mark Ronson

The stage set up was immaculate along with the male coordinated wardrobes and rotating performances by each guest, like a extravaganza variety in the best way. My personal highlights from the show include Rose Elinor Dougals' rendition of Stop Me, Alex Greenwald's California, Q-Tip and MNDR's performance of Bang Bang Bang and Marsha Ambrosius's closing rendition of Valerie (although nobody can match Winehouse.) I was a little disappointed that Somebody to Love Me was left off of the setlist and to the be honest the first song performed by the Atlanta rapper Pill Introducing the Business was a complete mess. Regardless, last night's epic gig will definitely make it on my list of best shows of the year. -[TLCBlog]
Damn, In addition to the cavalcade of guest stars (Spank Rock, Amanda Werner aka MNDR, Alex Greenwald of Phantom Planet, Pill and Rose Elinor Dougall) that appeared the night before (10/11) at Music Hall of Williamsburg in Brooklyn, Mark Ronson also roped in, like he did for Letterman, the great Q-Tip for the Manhattan show last night (10/12) at Webster Hall.

More pictures and some video from the show below...

Mark Ronson

Mark Ronson and The Business INTL: Rose Elinor Dougal and Alex Greenwald - The Night Last Night

Q-Tip/MNDR & Mark Ronson & the Business Intl.

Mark Ronson and the Business INTL: Rose Elinor Dougall - Stop Me (Smiths Cover) Webster Hall

Mark Ronson & The Business Intl - Record Collection (Webster Hall 10/12/10)

Mark Ronson Live @ Webster Hall - Circuit Breaker & Just

THANK YOU BV!

BEST SHOW OF THE YEAR!!!...!!!

Posted by Becca | October 13, 2010 3:57 PM

Meh of the yEar

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 3:58 PM

I love this blog! these photos are HOT HOT HOT!

cheers~

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 3:58 PM

This really was the best show of the year. It really really really was...

I didn't make it to the MHOW show, but I bet it kicked!

Posted by Kimberly Z | October 13, 2010 4:00 PM

DAMN! I wish I made it to this! I thought he was Djing. I didn't know it was a band.

dammit. :(

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 4:03 PM

show was okay. so many performers rotating in and out.

Ronson did a good little DJ Set, but right in the middle of the live show.

Also, covering "California" by Phantom Planet seemed forced. Crowd was a little out of it

Alex Greenwald even said "come on people, i know we're on the east coast, but sing with me"

Posted by jkov | October 13, 2010 4:06 PM

I knew nothing of Mark Ronson's music. I went with my friends for free and I have to say, that was the best freakin show I have ever seen ! LCD soundsytem is a close 2nd, but not as fun. This was better than LCD Soundsystem! Please come back soon Ronson. I miss you already...

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 4:06 PM

Is it true Alex Greenwall writes all the songs?

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 4:10 PM

what a bunch of ridiculous posturing.
Big, steamy, pile of shite.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 4:11 PM

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 4:16 PM

talk about over-privileged NY scenesters with no originality or anything vital to offer.

hater should direct your venom to this shit instead of MIA. at least MIA made some good records.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 4:17 PM

Try loving for a living 4:17! You'll discover you're not such a douchebag. lulz

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 4:20 PM

girl from the pipettes is looking hot!

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 4:23 PM

na.

i call it like it is.

i dont go bashing or hating on bands like so many me-too bashers here. fuck, i even defended MIA fer fucks sake.

but this is SHIT. if you dont see that, i feel sorry for you.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 4:24 PM

This show was so royally ass kicking. Never saw a band so energized before. I hope this wasn't a mini-tour and they play NY with the quickness..

Posted by Skaper | October 13, 2010 4:24 PM

I thought this was going to be a joke. Turned out to be the best show I've ever seen! I would like to see them perform with LCD soundsystem.

Tour?

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 4:29 PM

"BEST SHOW OF THE YEAR!!!...!!!"

"This really was the best show of the year. It really really really was..."

"way better than the LCD soundsystem shows! But this band does a lot more than LCD. you can't compare them. Ronson is more ambitious. He's a revolutionary!"

"This show was so royally ass kicking.Never saw a band so energized before"

THANK YOU comedians one and all for the laughs you have given us with these comments. But don't wear the joke out cause it will get as bad as the hummus ones quick.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 4:37 PM

His new album is really kickin.. wish I went.(

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 4:43 PM

Coming from a DJ background, Ronson definitely knows how to get the party started. It was fun indeed, posturing or not, and at the end of the day, that means something, and in this case, obviously to quite a few people.

Indie rockers need should learn to have a bit more fun. The ladies will appreciate it...

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 4:47 PM

Mark, if you're reading this- Thanks for taking a photo with me! You made my night! XOXO

Posted by Jill Jacovey | October 13, 2010 4:48 PM

i didnt go to the show and am not familiar with ronson at all but clearly most of the comments were written by shills working for the band/label/something.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 4:50 PM

Wait, 4:47, are you trying to say that the above comments were not meant as a joke but people being serious????

Oh cause if that is true then I think I finally have seen the most pathetic comments ever on here.

I seriously thought these were people making obvious jokes.

WOW.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 4:52 PM

so my suspicions are pretty much right-on. the only people diggin on Ronson are lil NYC scenster girls who think Mark is cute. i know a ton of you in real life, so aint no point in denying it.

and admit it girls, you dont care about his music. you just want his trousers on your bedroom floor.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 4:53 PM

^^^These east coast cynics crack me up.

Everyone in the Hall last night had the most fun! He puts on one hell of a concert for 20 bucks!

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 4:54 PM

That show was gold Jerry, GOLD!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 4:57 PM

Haha, like Mark Ronson's trousers on my bedroom floor is a bad thing.... Please, if only....

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 5:00 PM

Seriously, ignore the haters on this blog who weren't even at the shows.

Mark Ronson is a genius. He's a one of a kind talent, and I'm so glad to know musicians can still excite people these days. I go to shows every night, and most crowds stand still with hands in pockets waiting to leave. Ronson put on a groundbreaking performance that left everyone in attendance in ecstasy.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 5:01 PM

A show this sensational will always bring on the haters. This band is up there with Radiohead. They are innovative and funky as hell! Don't hate the man because he's sexy...

Posted by Monica | October 13, 2010 5:05 PM

anyone who has visited brooklyn vegan more than three times in the past can easily spot out that these 'mark ronson is god' comments are so fake its ridiculous. Either they're the worst fake commenters ever or they're satirists or brooklyn vegan magically got a new audience three minutes after this post was published.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 5:06 PM

This.

Can't.

Be.

Happening.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 5:06 PM

Who cares whether the show was good or bad, when a Ronson is involved it's only important if famous people are in the audience. MHOW had stepdad Mick Jones (from Foreigner not The Clash), who was at Web Hall?

Posted by jick mones | October 13, 2010 5:06 PM

The above is not true. There were famous people there, but there were a ton of people there! Famous people can't like awesome music too?

I went. Best show of the year, by far!

Posted by reggie reader | October 13, 2010 5:08 PM

How can it be hating if it is true?? Seriously 5:01, you and the others making these ridiculous hyperbolized statements are absolutely pathetic and clearly in need of being institutionalized

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 5:08 PM

These pictures are fantastic! Much thanks to Toby! This and LCD soundsystem at Music Hall were the best shows of 2010.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 5:11 PM

"anyone who has visited brooklyn vegan more than three times in the past can easily spot out that these 'mark ronson is god' comments are so fake its ridiculous"

Ok phew, so these comments are just idiots joking around. Had me scared for a hot minute. If those comments were serious it would be a clear sign the end of the world was near

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 5:12 PM

I love when people try to discredit sincere posts about a show they love like the one above^^ so much hate and negativity in NY! Really, the shows were BOTH REMARKABLE! MArk Ronson RULES.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 5:14 PM

oh! the hater comments are from one miserable dude who didn't get into the show?

Makes sense!

Great show Mark! Hope you're reading this. New York loves ya!

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 5:17 PM

I am bored so i am going to join in on the fun also.

Yes true, 5:14, it really is insane the amount of hating on here. I only wish all these haters could have been at the show and seen Jesus floating above the crowd at one point. I mean it was that ethereal. People losing their minds and passing out in ecstacy. Seriously a cavalcade of huge stars like MNDR and Q-Tip only added to the mega craziness of the event. Best show of the year and maybe best show of the last ten years in this city. Ronson puts Jimi Hendrix to shame.

Stop with the hate you cynics.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 5:20 PM

Qtip was pretty rad. Was he at the music hall show? I only hit webster hall. Boy , was that fucking awesome! I wish I could go again.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 5:22 PM

Here's a joke: I had sooo much fun dancing at Band of Horses....

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 5:28 PM

Alex Greenwall is pretty dope. I know his remixes. Didn't know he sang and played so well. Ronson did say Alex wrote all the songs last night, but I'm not sure. Great show! Great pix too BV!

Posted by Jackie | October 13, 2010 5:29 PM

Is funnest a word? cause if so, This was the most Funnest time I ever had! haha

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 5:32 PM

bands that could rock hard enough to tour with Ronson and the Business Intl -

LCD Soundsystem
The Beastie Boys
Radiohead

Posted by Jeff | October 13, 2010 5:35 PM

no one has mentioned the opening acts.

Francis and the lights were cool. They could use a drummer, sort of minimal Eddie and Cruisers rock. lulz

I don't know who the 1st band was, but that chick drummer sucked so bad. Pete Best that girl and start over. I see potential.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 5:38 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again, MNDR has fat tits.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 5:40 PM

This

Is

Happening!

Love you, Mark!!

Posted by James M | October 13, 2010 5:41 PM

MNDR and Rose Dougall are SO HOT!

fat tits are hot yo!

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 5:44 PM

Is qtip in the band? Has he been at every show? I see the spank rock dude is, but not sure about qtip. Was he just at the Webster show?

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 5:46 PM

I miss this band already :(

Posted by Ronson Rules | October 13, 2010 5:48 PM

All you fake and joking posters are ASSHOLES. From the first comment to all the other jerk ones. Have you nothing better to do then come on here and do that. The show was AMAZING. I went last night and the night before and I would honestly go every night if he played. Why see anything else? Nothing I have seen was ever as good as this and probably nothing I will ever see again could top it.

Just put Ronson in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame now.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 5:48 PM

the dj part was good

the show was wack

sound sucked and so do a lot of the newsongs

sorry

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 5:55 PM

I didn't expect this to be a good comments thread. Lots of nice material. Overall I give this comment thread a B. Great effort all around.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 6:06 PM

Breaking News: A replica of Ronson's penis will be bronzed and placed at the entrance of the Rock n' Roll hall of fame.

Congrats Mark!

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 6:20 PM

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 6:22 PM

So what did we learn today?

A) BV posters are bad at sarcasm.

B) BV readers are bad at picking up on sarcasm.

C) Mark Ronson has a hellova PR team.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 6:33 PM

Posted by tippity | October 13, 2010 6:46 PM

whats the point of the above comment?

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 8:20 PM

That was probably the best concert I will ever see.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 8:24 PM

"The show was terrible. I have been to at least a hundred shows in NYC and this was the first one I ever walked out on. What was the point of the whole project?"

Do you like Bowie, Eno, or anything good?

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 8:35 PM

bad
hair

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 8:40 PM

inspirational!

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 8:42 PM

wow, you can see in the photo that ronson wears a suit by Topman. TOPMAN SUIT??! and i thought he was making $$$. lol.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 8:42 PM

definitely the best show Ill ever see!

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 8:43 PM

there were a hell of a lot of people lovin it last night.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 8:45 PM

The Pipettes girl made a awesome solo album - "Without Why". It is not like the Pipettes

Posted by Ivy | October 13, 2010 8:48 PM

Are there more New York appearances in the future?

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 8:50 PM

The 3 best shows I've ever seen-

Radiohead,
Beastie Boys,
Mark Ronson.

Posted by Steve | October 13, 2010 8:55 PM

I wish more bands were like this.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 8:59 PM

"once in a generation comes along an artist that is so inspirational that anyone in his presence is so in awe that they simply stand still, as they do in the videos, even though they are at a supposed dance show. this was such a show. simply incredible. show of the year."

right on brutha!

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 9:03 PM

anyone get the set list from webster? was it the same at musichall?

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 9:11 PM

Mark Ronson is allergic to the chickpea.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 9:25 PM

pretty shocking that this was such an 'epic' show, swarming with 'diehard' fans considering he has sold NO copies of his new album of cover-- i mean songs. its pretty embarrassing for all involved to be honest.
fucking disgrace.

we've just about hit rock bottom ladies and gentlemen. this should all be over soon

*sigh*

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 10:53 PM

Marc Ronson has an very big PR team but a very small penis.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2010 11:11 PM

didnt go to the show ... but dayum the bv photog did a hell of a job!!! awesome pix :)

looks like folks had fun

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 12:00 AM

MNDR gave me her setlist, it was the same as MHOW. Was at both shows, had a funny feeling there would be no change. But it was good to see Q-Tip do Bang Bang Bang - although Spank Rock did a great job with it at MHOW.

Posted by CNC | October 14, 2010 12:12 AM

But cannot believe the sarcasm and the comments, been to a huge amount of shows this year. Outside of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs 10th Anniversary Show, Mark Ronson steals the cake for best show of 2010. Such an amazing feat.

Posted by citybug | October 14, 2010 12:14 AM

^^^^ And yet another fake sarcastic comment added to the mix. Keep em comin boys and girls.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 12:42 AM

All these comments from his public relations team make me like him even less. And I really really didn't like him to begin with, but now I hate him for stooping to such low standards. Indeed his penis is very very small.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 1:46 AM

Think I am a fake sarcastic remark. Check the citybug YouTube channel. I was there. Now shut up. Just because you don't like him, don't take it out on his fans.

Posted by citybug | October 14, 2010 2:30 AM

Yeesh, you are all a bunch of psychos thinking a PR team floods this blog. CONSPIRACY NUTS! Go love some Sarah Palin and join up a militia to defend WACO.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 2:30 AM

MNDR looks like shes missing a few chromosomes...just saying.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 2:31 AM

Citybug, Honestly if that comment you made was not fake or sarcastic then you really are one pathetic wretch. No joke man. I know people have different opinions and what i am saying might be rude or elitist or whatever else you want to think. In this case though you seriously are one lame fuck and should have all opinions on music immediately dismissed.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 3:13 AM

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 2:30 AM

Almost the best sarcastic comment about this contrived, vapid, missing many chromosomes MNDR normal, beacons closet airhead brainless, bunny virile beiber ronson dance party. Do some commercials.

If Q-tip actually drank he might wonder what he was doing trading looks with the Willamsburger inbred girl.

Is the girl with the striped shirt in the audience wondering if this joke performance art, or if its for realllly...horrible.
Nice outfits.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 3:21 AM

i was dare and got my lick nuts ya know? SHLEEEP!!! I LOVED DIS SHOW YA HERD :-)

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 3:26 AM

You know kids that you can get your hair done like little ronson at one of the Williamsburger small hip hair places where he used to work, then head down to Buffalo's Closet and gets some original outfits to fit in better. Maybe some big glasses or some bedbug dress?

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 3:29 AM

Too bad I was finishing all my coke while he was playing dat zoot woman remix FUCK!!!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 3:29 AM

Yeah that looks like a dumb hipster coke head crowd there buddy, so I bet you were right at home with your remix.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 3:35 AM

wasn't a coke head crowd. seemed like a lot of record collecting geeks. great show!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 11:48 AM

mark ronson fans are cunts.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 11:51 AM

you haters are SO stupid! whenever this blog posts about a great band like Radiohead or Pavement, haters try to discredit fan posts by using the PR shit. YOU are doing all the work! lulz The more attention this show gets, the better chance Mark Ronson will read this. I hope he does. That fucking show Ruled !!!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 11:51 AM

Mark, if you read this - PLease release a live DVD of this tour! You changed my life! It was that good!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 11:52 AM

apparently, haters that werent at the show want to keep talking about Mark Ronson. so ignorant. if you hate something, or youre unsatisfied with your life, write on posts about bands you like. why waste your time here? Anyone that was at the show knows how dope it was. If you missed it, I feel sorry for you...

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 11:54 AM

Most of these PR comments are identical to older posts about other bands. wtf?

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 11:57 AM

Ronson sold 142,000 units so far. The record is fairly new. I dont know why the commenter above would post untrue facts to support his ignorance.

And yes, the show was Epic. I've seen 1000 shows in NY, and nothing was as good. Not even close!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 12:02 PM

But Mark Ronson cant be good. He is from a wealthy family and he was born into the music biz. It cant be possible. Wealthy people arent talented. sob sob sob. I hate my life. Radiohead and LCD suck too :(

Posted by HATER | October 14, 2010 12:06 PM

SHOW OF THE YEAR! I thought the last Beastie Boys tour was as good as it gets. But Ronson goes way further with his innovations and talents. I was very impressed. I thought the show was going to be like a Spice Girls concert. It was more like David Bowie or Talking HEads..

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 12:09 PM

BREAKING NEWS! Mark Ronson owns numerous penis pumps to enhance his minuscule member. He keeps them in a box under his bed.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 12:12 PM

Mark Ronson has dated some fine Chics in his day, but after they dump him they always seem to date Italian or black men... Is there a correlation to this? I suppose it's open to interpretation...

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 12:16 PM

Mark Ronson is the new Brian Eno. Except he makes Coldplay songs really dope, and Eno does not.

Posted by JAcob | October 14, 2010 12:16 PM

His version of "god put a smile on your face" is pretty sick! and I hate the miserable song! lol

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 12:18 PM

Mark Ronson show was so bad that when I got home I was forced to utilizing an ear candle to suck those horrible sounds out of my brain.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 12:19 PM

I have been to at least 100 shows this year, and this was the WORST show of the year, and I have seen wavves twice!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 12:20 PM

Mark Ronson has a bright future ahead of him. Everyone he works with are so great. Eno is over. I gave up on him when he joined the Coldplay franchise.

Posted by Coldplay sux | October 14, 2010 12:20 PM

My friend dragged me to this concert telling me it was gonna be fun, but the entire crowd was standing around with their arms folded with bad looks on their face... And nobody was dancing. In fact, most of the crowd left early because of the overwhelming crappiness that came out the speakers.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 12:24 PM

^^^^ That is a bogus comment! Everyone was dancing and the joint was packed to the end of the show. You gave yourself away hater! Seems like a PR team of haters that dont even go to the shows on here. What a waste... go back to your cubicle and work.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 12:26 PM

The strangest thing about this concert was the amount of people puking in the bathrooms. At one point, I asked some hipster if he had food poisoning or something, and he said he was fine but the music was so bad he couldn't help but puke all night long.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 12:28 PM

Yea... I was there too. I didn't see a single person dancing, and the place was practically empty.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 12:29 PM

I never thought anyone could put on a better performance than Radiohead, but shit, this show crushed any Radiohead concert!

CRUSHED. No one compares (yet)

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 12:29 PM

This was such a bad concert that I actually wondered if I was better off hanging out at Mars Bar.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 12:31 PM

I think Ronson will top this show. He's a visionary and I can picture him competing with his own creativity. Musical genius's like Bowie or Eno, or any similar artists are capable of stepping out of their immediate circle... He'll reinvent himself again. I haven't a clue what he would do to top this show, but I can't wait for it!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 12:33 PM

When I showed up to Webster I was wondering if this was gonna be sold out, but when I got to the box office I asked the girl if they had tickets left and she started laughing and told me, "we have lots of tickets left"

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 12:34 PM

No one was puking in the bathrooms. Everyone was alive and blown away by the whole variety act of elite talent on that stage.

If you were there, you know the truth. If you weren't, you missed one hell of a groundbreaking experience!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 12:36 PM

WHy are all these hater comments stock comments? These are identical to the hater comments on Radiohead posts, or Pavement posts, or any other band that attracts this much attention and interest.

Posted by Peely | October 14, 2010 12:37 PM

I dint know why you think Ronson is a "visionary" when in fact all he does is copy every element of his entire show from real artists. The man is actually completely unoriginal and actually quite annoying and hope he moves to montanna or some other state where he can possibly become a victim of a grizzly bear attack.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 12:38 PM

ROnson is a VISIONARY!! He is a true Artiste... Pop music has never been so mind-blowing...

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 12:40 PM

I was one of the people puking in the bathrooms. I held it back for most of the show, but then when Mark Ronson did that DJ set I just couldn't contain it anymore... The puke was all over in the stalls.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 12:40 PM

I love these haters. They're doing all the PR work they are complaining about! haha... too stupid to keep their mouths shut, too ignorant to open their mind to new ideas.

This was a show for people who love music. It was a show for people who like to have fun at concerts. FUN FUN FUN!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 12:42 PM

Mark Ronson is a visionary in finding ways to make pop music even more unbearable. That one song he made "Valerie" was entertaining for about 5 minutes, and that was his only claim to fame, but now when I hear that song anymore I quickly rush to the iPod and hit the skip button... And I mean quickly!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 12:43 PM

WOW. 100 people on here discussing the show. Must of been a great time! It looks like a great show in those videos, but Youtube vids usually don't present the experience well. I can only imagine how much better it was to actually be there. Looks Rad yo

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 12:45 PM

More Hate! We want more hate! Only the best artists in the world get hate like this!

HAHAHA

Posted by Read me | October 14, 2010 12:46 PM

Show of the year! AGREED.

Posted by Lilly | October 14, 2010 12:48 PM

Hey 12:42, don't judge me!
I'm not a hater of music, nor am I part of a PR team that you obviously belong too.
I just think that my opinion is as valid as yours when I say that attending this Mark Ronson concert was such a horrid musical experience that it made me vomit all over innocent bystanders.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 12:49 PM

I don't hate Mark Ronson... I choose to love his sweet blend of recycled boring pop music that makes a good backdrop fo cocktailparties of investment bankers.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 12:51 PM

Yea... I was at this show too, I didn't see anybody dancing.
Seems like the bass was off or something.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 12:54 PM

I think there must have been some technical problems with the DJ equipment that Mark Ronson was using or something, because I have never heard so many trainwrecked mixes in all my life. Maybe that's why nobody was dancing because the music sounded like my 16 year old cousin trying to mix.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 12:58 PM

I really liked Mark Ronson, but his new stuff is so predictable... Reminds me of an aging fellow trying to cash in on last years expired sounds. I don't see how you can possibly compare him to Bowie or Eno. I think comparing him to Englebert Humperdink is more appropriate.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 1:02 PM

Mark Ronson sure is a stylish man. I love his stylish suits and striped shirts and all, But let me say this much...
Good fashion does not equal good music, and Mark Ronson is the poster child for that concept. And if you attended this concert you will notarize this comment and mail it to the library of congress with a signature large like John Hancock.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 1:07 PM

I hope mark ronsons friend that posts all these lame "show of the year" comments is getting a decent hourly wage. And knows that BV readers are way to sophisticated to fall victim to such nonsense.
I respect the man greatly for his anti-fur campaigns, but please don't try to fool BV readers with this nonsense of how much of a visionary this dude is who simply got into the music business because his friendship with julien Lennon and his rich upbringing that paid his way into showbiz.
He is a mediocre artist that fills the void of boring pop music for the facebook addicts and superficial fashionistas with minor cocaine habits.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 1:17 PM

OH stop with these untrue comments about PR people, or coke heads puking. I don't even like the guy, but you're helping his band gain attention. so stupid!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 1:30 PM

I hope he reads this. I'm sure he won't. People of his greatness are too busy creating awesome music with the best entertainers in the world. If you are reading this Mark, THAT WAS THE BEST SHOW I'VE EVER SEEN! COME BACK PLEASE!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 1:32 PM

All of these 129 above comments are completely false except the ones making claim to Mark Ronsons small penis. Please take note that even his PR team can't even defend that.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 1:33 PM

You cannot fool the Brooklyn Vegan readers with stock comments that show up on all the popular bands BV blogs about.

Make no mistake - This was a show not to miss! I wish I hit the Brooklyn show. I didn't know it was going to be so fucking Awesome!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 1:34 PM

This ain't a stock comment when I say
MARK RONSON CAUSED MASSIVE PROBLEMS FOR THE BATHROOM CLEANUP CREW. The puke was everywhere.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 1:37 PM

I am not a PR guy, whatever that is or means.

I knew nothing about Mark Ronson other than he is the brother of Samantha Ronson? I expected a typical DJ show. Boy was I in for a surprise! Jesus Christ, that was spectacular. I didn't see any drug heads or people standing around bored. That was the most energized audience I've ever been a part of, and these "hipsters" you call us- I don't know what that means either. I don't use cocaine, nor do I puke at concerts.

I really enjoyed that show, immensely! Wish I could go again...

Posted by Monica | October 14, 2010 1:38 PM

^^^ PR guy trying to be clever.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 1:39 PM

"I only wanna be in your record collection, wo oh!"

I love Simon Lebon!!!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 1:40 PM

1:39 - trying to be a clever hater, but needs a job. You;re pathetically bored.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 1:41 PM

I'm not bored, just playing my role as a decent music fan trying to be a good citizen by exposing the truth about the amount of people puking in the bathroom stalls all evening.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 1:44 PM

Hi, I'm the girl who wrote the above comment that the shithead thinks is PR.

Since I'm NOT a PR guy, I would really like to know how to become a PR guy for Ronson. Cause that fuckin show KILLED all other shows!

How do I become a "PR guy"?

Posted by Monica | October 14, 2010 1:46 PM

HILARIOUS - BROOKLYN VEGAN COMMENTS GOT PUNKED BY MARK RONSON HIMSELF. I HAVE NEVER IN MY BROOKYLNVEGAN LIFE HAVE NEVER SEEN SO MANY LOL - AWESOME - MARK RONSON RULES - YOU HAVE ALL BEEN PUNKED.

Posted by youidiots | October 14, 2010 1:46 PM

Mark Ronson sucks. He sold about 10 tickets, and all 10 walked out after the 1st song Look at the youtubes. You can tell I am a decent music fan telling the truth. You can see the puke in he lens when Qtip raps.

Posted by PR GUY | October 14, 2010 1:51 PM

that was the best fuckin show I ever saw!! blew Radiohead, LCD, Pavement and everyone else mentioned above away!

Whats a PR guy? I wanna be one to!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 1:53 PM

The other day I realized I ate some bad hummus and realized that if it made it into my digestive tract I would get rather sick, so I quickly understood that throwing it up would be my best coarse of options...
So i quickly called up this hipster cokehead chic that lives down the street to bring over her mark ronson records and after the first two songs that nasty old hummus was sitting in a bucket. Thanks for helping me out Mr Ronson!
I'm gonna buy your new album in case such a situation comes up again!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 2:02 PM

this has gone on too long. im an impartial observer. I wasn't at the show and dont know anything about mark ronson but i dont have a problem with him or his music either. The grand debate here motivated me to do a 5 second youtube search which found this video where you can see the crowd and the sound is good also.

good or bad, the video tells you what the show was like. ok, im ready to move on to the next BV post. see you guys there.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 2:05 PM

Oh yeah, the crowd's really going apeshit. Look at the 25 or so hands in the air.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 2:10 PM

I'm a music fan who goes to shows every night. I've seen %90 of the bands blogged about on here. I would like to add to the discussion. This really did make my top ten best shows of all time. I never knew about Mark Ronson. So it was magical to see this small cult of followers in constant bliss at the show, and me, not knowing any of his music, stood to the very end in shock at how incredible the act was! He is totally a Visionary and a Revolutionary, just like David Bowie was. Not only are they similar in the way they can put together such a monumental show, but these comments represent more similarities. David Bowie was also accused of ripping off other artists, being unoriginal, etc. Just like Bowie, Ronson will prove to be the real deal musical genius! All great artists will get haters on this blog... it's a shame this happens whenever I read about extraordinary bands like the ones mentioned/ Radiohead, LCD, Beastie Boys, etc.

It would be nice to see only the fans discussing how great the show was. The fakers and haters just waste space on here.

Obviously this was a seriously awesome show. Look at how deeply moved the readers and I are. I really haven't seen a show this great before. My only complaint, is I wish he had booked 4 or 5 shows so I could have gone again.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 2:21 PM

Put aside the fakers with nothing better to do then write asshole shit on here.

Why do you assume all hipsters do cocaine? or that a musician from a family of wealth can't have talent? Most of the bands that get really famous are from wealthy families. That doesn't mean they can't be awesome. I would think, Mark Ronson had all the breaks, born into a musical family, sure. But who cares, if the guy is proving that he IS a genius! No one else has attempted a show this reaching, so well put together and ambitious. I applaud Ronson for attempting a show of this magnitude! Even if you don't like his music, if you are of any talent, you would agree. How many 90's revival bands do we need? How many boring instrumental bands come and go? Ronson is doing a one of a kind show. Sure, it takes a ton of money to put on a fantastic show like this, but that's what it's all about. It was a money show! And that's why he is the perfect musician to create something this impressive. Why would he parade around like some crappy little Indy Rock guitarist, when fans of this kind of ilk, need to see more shows like this! He is an inspiration to all aspiring musicians and DJ's.

Thanks for reading my post, fellow readers. Keep your mind open, and let in some new art into your life $

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 2:38 PM

If a tree falls, and there's a blog post about it, and one guy in the comments section adamantly denies that the tree fell, even argues that the tree is still standing, and is the greatest tree of all-time, what is tree?

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 2:40 PM

I thought the Beastie Boys at McCarren Park was the best show I ever saw. Ronson blew that shit to bits in the 1st song! I was amazed! Who knew!

Posted by Jenny | October 14, 2010 2:42 PM

Hey 2:05, thank you for posting that YouTube video and finally putting a nail in this thread. You can clearly see from the video that this is nothing earth shattering or groundbreaking or genius. Not a sick out of control show at all. The music is pretty watered down generic and nothing special. The crowd looks worse than a typical NY concert crowd. A smattering of hands up and everyone else leisurely swaying along. No one going crazy or losing their minds. And this is when one of those "cavalcade" of amazing guests was onstage.

From looking at that video, and some of the others floating around, I would think anyone who seriously thought that was the "best show ever" should never be allowed into a legitimate discussion of music.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 2:46 PM

Yeesh. It's is obvious the haters are pathetic little turds with nothing better to do that rewrite dumb stuff on here.

and it's obvious that so many were moved by this show.

It's like a civil war between fake little idiots in crappy little insignificant bands, and true music fanatics that love music, and don't care about the moronic lies written above.

I was, however, at the show, and like other above, i did not know what to expect. I thuoght Ronson was a Dj who hipsters flock to. And I guess he's that too. But that show destroyed all other shows this year! DESTROYED !!!!

Posted by Miles | October 14, 2010 3:11 PM

I'm not a hater, but 2 facts are undeniable...
1. All these posts about how good the show is are from friends or label execs of mark Ronson.
2. The show did indeed suck.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 3:16 PM

"and it's obvious that so many were moved by this show"

But the videos from the show actually show the complete opposite. What's your excuse there?

"I didn't watch the youtube videos, cause they always shrink something great into a little screen of bullshit nothing like the real thing."

Oh yeah riggghhhttttttt. Good one and nice try. You must be able to come up with something more clever than that?

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 3:25 PM

"I'm not a hater, but 2 facts are undeniable...
2. The show did indeed suck."

What the fuck are you smokin son!! People loved the show. How hard is that to digest? You're that pathetic that you can't accept someone you don't love can have fans?

Show Ruled. FACT.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 4:01 PM

More Haters Please?

We need more posts for Ronson to see this! Mark, your fans worship you! COME BACK PLEASE!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 4:02 PM

the people looks pretty fuckin crazed in those vids yo... looks like the dopest show to be at

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 4:03 PM

Crazed indeed! I cant believe how much fun I had! I would hit that shit again. They should play Bowery Balloom, or that might be too small. Webster was packed shut and their set design was pretty outrageous!

Posted by Anna | October 14, 2010 4:07 PM

The haters are gobbling up the bait. lulz! Need more hate! the fans want Ronson to feel the love XOXO

Posted by XOXO RONSON | October 14, 2010 4:08 PM

Best show I've ever seen!!! Not a PR guy, but I'd like to be!

Is Ronson hiring?

Posted by will work 4 Ronson | October 14, 2010 4:10 PM

At this point i don't think it's the haters getting played. With clear video evidence it seems as if the fake joker praisers and the pathetic real Ronson lovers(however the small minority that group is) are looking kind of stupid. It's like the old joke. "You believe me or your lying eyes"

Yet they continue.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 4:12 PM

I'm not a hater or a lover, I call it like I see it-

1. Show was outstanding! A real class act.
2. Lotta lies posted above trying to spread negativity. same crap happens when radiohead or LCD soundsystem are blogged about.

Keep positive BV readers. The truth is the truth. This was a show not to be missed!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 4:13 PM

hey haters (or shall I call you liars?)

Keep posting lies about this show not being the shit! I am a dude who simply loves music and loves a great show. We can discuss this for the next 2 years if you like. haha.

BEST SHOW EVER.

BEST SHOW EVER.

BEST SHOW ON PLANET EARTH.

Posted by MING | October 14, 2010 4:16 PM

It's so refreshing to see someone young, like Mark, doing something so sophisticated. I can't imagine David Bowie could pull off a show this awesome! I was stunned at how wild the fans were. Usually Webster Hall shows are too soft and stagnant.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 4:29 PM

Pipettes girl is smokin hot!! She deserves a solo career. HOT!

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 4:52 PM

I danced so hard, I shit myself!

Posted by Joel | October 14, 2010 5:17 PM

It's funny how 1 single guy who is obsessed with Mark Ronson is pretending to be all these people and saying that it's the show of the year... What rubbish.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 6:46 PM

let the thread die, please

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 7:58 PM

Dead.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 8:00 PM

Fuck Mark Ronson

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 8:01 PM

^^^ PR dude

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 8:05 PM

1 single hater, won't go down. lol

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 8:14 PM

Simon Lebon is God.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 8:36 PM

I like the song "Hey Boy"

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 8:40 PM

Sean Lennon>Mark Ronson

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 8:50 PM

just to clarify- Mark Ronson blows Sean Lennon, not Julian lennon. Don't bring Julian into the discussion.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 9:16 PM

Fuck Mark Ronson. I don't have to hear his music to know he sucks. He's just a rich NY scenester. I'm not ignorant, I just know he sucks.

Posted by Anonymous | October 14, 2010 10:41 PM

^^ Nooo, you're not ignorant at all

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2010 12:20 AM

Best Concert of the Year. Mark Ronson is undoubtedly the visionary of the 21st Century.

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2010 12:45 AM

Mark Ronson has the smallest penis in the 21st century.

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2010 1:06 AM

Mark Ronson is Beethoven come back to life. I have all the data to prove it.

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2010 1:15 AM

In a rare interview, mark ronson says he gets inspiration from micheal bolton.

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2010 1:33 AM

"Ronson was born into a wealthy family at the Wellington Hospital, St John's Wood, north London, England, the son of writer and socialite Ann Dexter-Jones and one-time band manager and real estate entrepreneur Laurence Ronson."

Okay, fuck this fucking prick. The offspring of some variety of poodle and a sociopathic boob who contributes nothing to society except perhaps a new branch of virology.

"In 2002, he began dating Quincy Jones's daughter, actress/singer Rashida Jones. They became engaged in March 2003, with Ronson proposing by creating a crossword puzzle with the message "Will you marry me."

Was this the crossword puzzle in the TV Guide? You really have to work hard to get Mark Ronson's love. What a fucking egomaniac!

Posted by Crosseyed Sniper | October 15, 2010 5:25 AM

its hilarious! 1 moron keeps writing hater comments to appear like its 100. lulz

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2010 1:00 PM

Mark Ronson is a devoted Vegan. He has done lots of charity work for PETA, and cares very much about his many pets.

Meat is Murder folks.

Posted by Anonymous | October 15, 2010 1:08 PM

every guy i know hates mark ronson. most of the girls want him.

Posted by johanna | October 17, 2010 2:23 AM

I'm a girl, and to me SIZE does matter, so I certainly do not want him.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2010 7:31 PM

you were supposed to capitalize the DOES and not the size. youre not very smart.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2010 8:17 PM

^ It seems you may have a debate about my intelligence, but clearly there is no debate about the tiny size of Mark Ronsons unit.

Posted by Anonymous | October 18, 2010 8:49 PM

This was by far the best concert of 2010!

Posted by Scratch That | March 1, 2011 11:22 AM