Posted in music | pictures on November 16, 2010

photos by Chris Doss

"Wow...New York, jaded? HELL NAW, New York was on FIRE!!!!! The best show I have ever had in the city in 14 years. Brooklyn Bowl tomorrow!!" - DJ Shadow

DJ Shadow

As you can read above, DJ Shadow had a grand 'ol time at Irving Plaza last night (11/15), as did one attendee:

This time [DJ Shadow] came with his "Shadowsphere" a giant white orb that he dj'ed inside of, fully equipped to take you to another dimension. This video [below] doesn't give justice to 3D effect it has in person, but it's pretty incredible. While DJ Shadow cranks out the beats, his nerd navigator projects multiple video sequences on the sphere and onto the main screen behind it. Some of the effects are mind blowing and will freak you out! This vid has some of my favorite tunes back-to-back with some really nice live dnb remixing. It's another must see DJ Shadow performance. -[AOK Studios]
Pigeon John opened and does again tonight at Brooklyn Bowl, which was sold out but it back on sale. More dates HERE. More pictures and some videos from Irving, below...

Pigeon John

Pigeon John

Pigeon John

Pigeon John

Pigeon John

Pigeon John

Pigeon John

Pigeon John

Pigeon John

Pigeon John

DJ Shadow

DJ Shadow @ Irving Plaza (by Chris Doss)

DJ Shadow live @ Irving Plaza

DJ Shadow - Organ Donor - 2010 Shadowsphere Tour at Irving Plaza, NYC

"Live From The Shadowsphere" 2010 North American Tour- Promotional Video

anyone know if this is really sold out or if they are just selling tickets at the door now?

Posted by Anonymous | November 16, 2010 2:39 PM

looks pretty cool

Posted by Anonymous | November 16, 2010 2:40 PM

can't wait for the show tonight! how long did Shadow play for?

Posted by Anonymous | November 16, 2010 2:48 PM

Shadow's set was an hour and half.

Posted by Anonymous | November 16, 2010 2:59 PM

i say hummus, you say hamos. you say hommos, i say hommus. i say homos, you say houmous. you say hummos, i say hummous. we all say HUMMUS.

Posted by Anonymous | November 16, 2010 3:25 PM

remember how they found a dead person at mccarren the night dj shadow played? (or did it end up being canceled?) crazy hipsters and their dying.

Posted by Anonymous | November 16, 2010 3:29 PM

^ hummus OD

Posted by Anonymous | November 16, 2010 3:38 PM

That sphere kinda reminds me of the MTV show Strutter, where in one of the sketches Mike Strutter created a bubble he could live in so he doesn't have to deal w/ anyone (I wonder if anyone who goes to this site knows what I'm talking about).

It's on youtube. Go fetch!

Posted by Anonymous | November 16, 2010 4:32 PM

This show was incredible and the energy in the crowd was unmatched by any concert I've witnessed in a while.

Posted by Anonymous | November 16, 2010 4:38 PM

@ 4:38 were you and I at the same show? I was surprised at the lack of dancing at the show and the lack of energy altogether. When Shadow said that it was the best show of his tour and the best in 14 years of playing in the city I was even more surprised!

The room seemed very "dead" and was almost eerily silent at times...very little dancing going on or any crowd movement for that matter.

In response to Shadow saying that it was the best show he has played in the city in 14 year..he must not remember some of the shows from the early 2000's where he absolutely KILLED IT! In fact I think his show now is pretty awesome but its not even close to what he was doing 8-10years ago. Just my opinion..I also want to say that I really enjoyed myself but def. left the show wanting more and deciding that the earlier Shadow stuff is MUCH better then what he is doing now. Still..much respect to Josh!

Posted by Anonymous | November 16, 2010 5:08 PM

Do we have a setlist???

Posted by Anonymous | November 16, 2010 6:05 PM

@5:08 We were at the same show and I can't attest to what was happening behind me but up at the front (the first 5 or 6 rows) there certainly was dancing.

Posted by Anonymous | November 17, 2010 8:07 AM

I hope someone recorded that set.

Posted by GP | November 17, 2010 8:24 PM