Posted in music | pictures on November 3, 2010

by Klaus Kinski,

believe...
Roger Waters

As a rabid Roger Waters and Pink Floyd fan, I am in a very weird place right now with regards to that fact. Roger has been on what seems like a 200 date tour of The Wall. He did two shows at Madison Square Garden on October 5th and 6th and has a third show lined up at the same venue exactly a month later on November 6th (tickets still on sale). But before he reunites with the asbestos laden MSG, he is charged with the task of tearing down the wall at the Izod Center tonight (November 3rd) and tomorrow (November 4th). There's no way to describe how badly I want to see this show. I have friends from other states who have gone and have reported back unanimously that I absolutely have to see this show. Yet I am incapable, mentally and financially, of coughing up a whopping $277 for the experience especially when Waters himself pretentiously stated:

There is enough of everything in THE WORLD for us all to have enough to eat, to be warm and dry and to have a colour TV and a car. WE are taught to FEAR that if WE share what WE have with THEM, WE won't have anything left for US.
Sure, while there MAY BE enough of everything in THE WORLD for us all to have enough to eat (me), to be warm and dry (me) and to have a colour TV (me) and a car (not me), there clearly isn't enough of everything in the world for us all to have something as simple as a ticket to see Roger Waters in concert. So while some of you New Yorkers / New Jersians have three opportunities to see the Roger Waters Wall spectacle, some of us will have to be content with our TVs and food. And hey, you never know... one of these three dates MIGHT JUST be the one where David Gilmour makes the live appearance that has been promised to happen on one night during the tour.

On a somewhat related note, it seems that seeing a cover band has become a pretty accepted means of seeing your favorite band without actually seeing your favorite band or paying what you'd have to pay to see your favorite band. I am not talking about bar bands; I am talking about cover bands as BIG BUSINESS (not the band). Last night The Australian Pink Floyd Show hit the Gramercy Theater in NYC. The place was PACKED with people who paid $45 to see a band play songs they didn't write. And they were good. Remember how at the beginning of this post I said that I was in a very weird place right now with regards to Pink Floyd and Roger Waters? The APF show contributed to this. The devil on one shoulder was cursing the fact that these dudes are making a living playing music they didn't write. The angel on the other shoulder kept whispering into my ear "Dag yo, this is kind of awesome."

The pictures in this post were taken at various stops on the current Roger Waters Wall tour, and they continue below...

Roger Waters

Between Deerhoof and Waters, looks like Sneaker Rock is back.

Posted by Anonymous | November 3, 2010 4:28 PM

we're talking here about an hypocrite who left england due to a fox hunt ban law and resides in the hamptons by overpricing his pink floyd cover band shows.

Posted by me | November 3, 2010 4:34 PM

scrolled through these pics fast. I dont want to ruin the show when I get to see it.
As far as it goes, if you can get a cheap seat as in the most inexpensive, take it. Im told the best seats are the cheapest ones in the upper deck since you can see everything that goes on. You can grab one for 100 bux.

Also, Im betting the show at MSG that was just added will be the show that David Gilmour is performing at. No doubt.

Posted by Anonymous | November 3, 2010 4:53 PM

Dang dawg, I only paid $125.

Posted by Anonymous | November 3, 2010 4:58 PM

To add clarity to my "dang dawg" post, I paid $125 for a cheaper seat and was directly across from the stage, head on, with nothing in my way, and I saw everything perfectly. 4:53 is correct by saying that seats further back actually give you a better impression of the show.

I've seen 70 concerts in 2010 and this is the best so far, by miles. Go if you can.

Posted by Anonymous | November 3, 2010 5:00 PM

do you really keep count or is that an estimate?

Posted by Anonymous | November 3, 2010 5:03 PM

I'd rather see David Gilmour sing those songs.

Posted by Wig Schweißgerät | November 3, 2010 5:16 PM

The show is great. Very entertaining. Even if you aren't a fan of the music. I moaned about ponying up the dough too, but I'm glad I did.

Sure, Waters is a hypocrite to some degree. Still, great show. Great music.

Posted by Ron | November 3, 2010 6:31 PM

this show is great if you like hearing shit.

Posted by david gilmour | November 3, 2010 7:10 PM

I will gladly donate some money to buy you some hankies, since you are crying so loudly.

Posted by Anonymous | November 3, 2010 8:00 PM

I was actually crying louder, but BV decided that the post might read better if it wasn't in its original ALL CAPS.

Posted by Klaus Kinski | November 3, 2010 8:42 PM

worthy every and any penny spent on it. remember, he aint gonna live to be 150, so the time is now, and maybe or never

Posted by thighmaster | November 4, 2010 9:16 AM

I paid approximately $200 for 2 seats to tonight's show. My seats will suck but who cares, something tells me the wall is gonna be hard to miss.

By the way Klaus, I saw 'Crawlspace' over the weekend. Bravo.

Posted by finkployd | November 4, 2010 9:54 AM

Would be mighty odd to hear Gilmour sing the other 2/3rds of the record that Waters sang vocals on originally...
I know you have to eat, Klaus, but I would sell the t.v. to go. I bought two nights on a credit card, and I've got maybe $12 in the bank right now, but I've seen every Waters tour and this is a must if anything ever was a must. He's incredible, and impeccable, live.

Posted by Sad Nomad | November 4, 2010 12:27 PM

5:03--yes, I keep count. That was a bit of an estimate. I've actually seen 66.

I've kept lists of many aspects of my musical habits for many years, because if I don't I find that I forget many things that I've done.

Posted by Anonymous | November 4, 2010 2:00 PM

that's cool, i keep all the shows on my calendar, but i never actually keep count. i bet i'm somewhere in the 40's at this point...

Posted by Anonymous | November 4, 2010 2:25 PM

Looking fwd to tonight; did he go on promptly at 8 or was it more like 830?

Posted by Anonymous | November 4, 2010 2:35 PM

Promptly 8:00

Posted by Anonymous | November 4, 2010 2:58 PM

He went on at 8:15 last night. There were a ton of tickets available in the lot before the show. Dozens of fans couldn't dump their seats. You could have easily gotten a pair for $25. Just go and scalp tonight. MSG on a Saturday night is a different story.

Other than that, the first hour is pretty cool and then you realize Waters is prancing around the stage with just a mic and no instrument by himself and the band is behind the wall. Very strange to see him like a lounge singer rather than a mad scientist. Kind of a let down, actually. Watching him play air guitar is disturbing.

Posted by Vera Lynn | November 4, 2010 3:27 PM

both nights at Izod were good. second night was better for two reasons - Waters seemed vocally even stronger, and most importantly....THE PIG was working.
The first night HAD NO PIG. Run Like Hell without the Pig is like Bacon without the Pig.

Posted by Anonymous | November 5, 2010 12:35 AM

I saw the two Wall shows in Ft. Lauderdale Sat & Sund and I'm flying to Vegas with a buddy to see him at the MGM...the Vegas part was a las minute thing, because I was so impressed with the shows I can't even start to explain....best in my life!! By the way ladies, is it just me or is Roger a hottie?

Posted by Martha | November 19, 2010 4:13 PM

If you want to buy real estate, you would have to get the loans. Furthermore, my mother usually takes a small business loan, which seems to be the most fast.

Posted by RobbieLivingston25 | December 30, 2011 3:26 AM

It is important to accomplish the high quality poetry & poets essay paper and just research paper to receive the excellent mark at school.

Posted by research papers | February 29, 2012 3:48 AM

Different scholars should handle best dissertation about this topic correctly, just because they would need this a thesis in their life.

Posted by buy dissertation | April 27, 2012 4:36 AM