Posted in metal | music | pictures on November 19, 2010

photos by Jessica Amaya

"I'm glad I scrapped 6 different remixes for Tame Impala, because the one I have almost finished is 1000 times better then the last one" - Erol Alkan

"why the fuck would anyone even bother remixing tame impala? its like saying "this 1990 La T√Ęche would be better with more bubbles"" - Acid Jacks

DOWNLOAD: Tame Impala - Lucidity (Pilooski Remix) (MP3)

Tame Impala

"head hurts from headbanging so much tonite @ tame impala/stardeath. pa' la cama to have sweet psyched out dreams of swimming in guitar riffs" - [cheep de ville]
Tame Impala, Stardeath and White Dwarfs, and Kuroma played their first of two NYC shows at Bowery Ballroom last night (11/18). All reports say it was a fantastic show. More pictures from it, TI's setlist included, below...

Kuroma

Kuroma

Kuroma

Kuroma

Kuroma

Kuroma

Kuroma

Kuroma

Kuroma

Kuroma

Kuroma

It`s interesting photo... Many +++

Posted by MusicSamara | November 19, 2010 9:48 AM

Stardeath and White Dwarfs playing WITHOUT the Flaming Lips? Is that even possible?

Posted by Anonymous | November 19, 2010 9:49 AM

Sweet pics!!

Posted by Anonymous | November 19, 2010 10:54 AM

Enjoyed tyhe remix. How was the show last night? Thx

Posted by Burg | November 19, 2010 11:04 AM

Show was great. Sound was impeccable as always at Bowery. It was kind of funny to see the juxtaposition of Stardeath, who are all stage antics all the time, and Tame Impala, who, while their music is great, are basically cardboard cutouts (with the exception of the drummer who continues to be amazing).

Posted by Anonymous | November 19, 2010 11:23 AM

@11:23---Nailed it.

Tame Impala's drummer is ridiculous. Impeccable time. Their stage presence is totally underwhelming for sure but they sound just like the record...pretty amazing considering the mostly piece of shit live performances that fill these blogs.

Posted by Not-Anonymous | November 19, 2010 11:43 AM

SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | November 19, 2010 12:11 PM

Tame Impala exceeded my expectations...amazing musicians even if they are not the most animated...doesn't matter to me since i'm there for the music and they delivered big time!

Posted by Anonymous | November 19, 2010 12:56 PM

I'm so excited for the show tonight!!! Great photos!

Posted by karaoke activity partner | November 19, 2010 1:21 PM

Tame Impala's sound was awesome last night. Too bad Kevin's voice was shot...looked/sounded painfull at times. Hopefully he's feeling better for the show tonight. Seemed like where ever I moved in the crowd..some group of jock/frat/type dudes yapping like baboons...why? During the encore a group of "baboons" starting singing CCR's Proud Mary...did see a wasted baboon in a suit get thrown out for not being able to stand upright properly...
ps. Innerspeaker is one of my favorite albums this year..and they are selling the LP at the show for $20....very rare...going on e-bay $80

Posted by Anonymous | November 19, 2010 1:49 PM

@1:49pm...are you the guy i spoke with after the show outside who bought the vinyl??
agreed with your comments about the crowd...why go to a show if you're not there for the music...there are places called 'bars' if you need to get wasted and yak all night ;)

Posted by Anonymous | November 19, 2010 1:54 PM

if that happens tonight, i'm going to "accidentally" spill beer all over them.

Posted by Anonymous | November 19, 2010 2:10 PM

also, don't just complain about this stuff, DO SOMETHING about it. you don't have to start a fight or anything (i hate violence), but don't be afraid to speak up.

Posted by Anonymous | November 19, 2010 2:11 PM

Yup. Vinyl is supposedly limited to 500.

Posted by Anonymous | November 19, 2010 6:16 PM

The sound was def amazing last night, but holy shit the show was pretty monotonous at times. And the singer def was not on his game. Drummer was keeping shit TOGETHER. But the bassist kept slowing down. There's lots of room for improvment, but overall it was still a lot of fun!

Posted by nonermouse | November 19, 2010 7:16 PM

The show was great last night, but wow - never seen so many hipsters in my life. Seriously - who are they trying to impress? Looked like one big blanket of plaid from the balcony.

Could have done without the under the drinking age children who kept yelling, 'get off the stage' to SDWD. They obviously have no understanding of great talent. Dennis from SDWD is genius, and although the bands needs a little polish - they are great.

Kevin sounded great even though he was sick, as John Norris told me (great guy himself!).

Overall - loved the show. Tame Impala is awesome! And yes, I bought a vinyl copy of InnerSpeaker - listened to it last night, good stuff.

Posted by Karaoke Activity Partner | November 20, 2010 1:11 PM

I was one of the baboons yelling CCR, i thought it fit the moment. sorry if I ruined your ideal concept of the concert. CCR lyrics were perfectly timed and an enjoyable part to the close of the show for us baboons. I was there to see tame impala as strong as anyone else.

Posted by baboon | November 22, 2010 4:09 PM

I just caught the Boston show the other night. Wow. Tame blew me away in terms of presence, show sequencing, how their songs took this raw, larger than life, yet still super groovy feel in the live setting.

One of those things where i can appreciate the record even more now. Their sound was so dialed in at the newly revamped Paradise, which has a new sound system. Sounded sick. I was enveloped into their sound (at the risk of sounding pretty darn hippie-ish).

I was actually surprised at how good Tame was. Great night! Crowd was actually superb, too.

I liked STWD overall. They had some fun, real mind blowing moments.

Posted by Tucker | November 24, 2010 8:06 PM

i should also add the drummer is pretty awesome.

And I should also add that this band made me feel especially old, which i am. WTF they look young (bassist? I think he had star trek pajamas on).

I say this out of love and jealousy for my lost youth :)

Posted by Tucker | November 24, 2010 8:11 PM