Posted in music on December 19, 2010

2011 Inductees

"the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation announced the Alice Cooper Band, Neil Diamond, Dr. John, Darlene Love and Tom Waits as its 2011 performer inductees. Also being inducted this year as individual recipients of the Ahmet Ertegun Award are Jac Holzman and Art Rupe. The Award for Musical Excellence (previously the Sidemen category) will be presented to Leon Russell. The 26th annual ceremony will take place on Monday, March 14, 2011, at the Waldorf Astoria in New York City and be broadcast on Fuse, Madison Square Garden's national music television network."
Catch Darlene Love at BB King Blues Club in NY tonight (12/19).

Is that the guy from Taxmasters?

Posted by Anonymous | December 19, 2010 3:57 PM

Tom Waits: About fucking time.

Posted by Jimmy | December 19, 2010 4:21 PM

and Alice Cooper

Posted by Anonymous | December 19, 2010 5:20 PM

THe fact that it took this long to get Alice in is ridiculous.

Posted by Anonymous | December 19, 2010 6:30 PM

THe fact that it took this long to get Neil in is ridiculous.

Posted by Anonymous | December 19, 2010 6:56 PM

It's a pillow. It's a pet. It's a pillow pet.

Or it's Jewish Elvis...

---Rebecca Spitz, NY1---

Posted by Anonymous | December 19, 2010 7:03 PM

I wonder which of those inductees have eaten the most hummus during their lifetime? I would put my bet on Doctor John... Any other opinions?

Posted by Anonymous | December 19, 2010 7:19 PM

What I was trying to say was that Tom Waits will have an egg cream in his bikini on Rockaway Beach!

Posted by Anonymous | December 19, 2010 7:32 PM

What about Omar Souleyman?

Posted by Anonymous | December 19, 2010 7:42 PM

It's about time for Darlene Love...

Posted by Anonymous | December 19, 2010 8:53 PM

when does kanye get in?

Posted by Anonymous | December 19, 2010 10:32 PM

When is hummus is getting in?

Posted by Anonymous | December 19, 2010 10:58 PM

Just got back from the Darlene Love show and all I have to say is EXTRAORDINARY! She performed nothing but Captain Beefsteak songs with nothing but a microphone and used hummus in her mouth.

Posted by Anonymous | December 20, 2010 12:41 AM

Where it began
I can't begin to knowin
But then I know it's growin strong

Was in the spring
And spring became the summer
Whod have believed you'd come along

Hands, touchin hands
Reachin out
Touchin me
Touchin you

Sweet caroline
Good times never seemed so good
I've been inclined
To believe they never would

But now I
Look at the night
And it don't seem so lonely
We fill it up with only two
And when I hurt
Hurtin runs off my shoulders
How can I hurt when I'm with you

Warm, touchin warm
Reachin out
Touchin me
Touchin you

Sweet caroline
Good times never seemed so good
I've been inclined
To believe they never would
Oh, no, no

Sweet caroline
Good times never seemed so good
I've been inclined
I believed they never could
Sweet caroline

Posted by Anonymous | December 20, 2010 12:56 AM

I just woke up to find that my penis is hard.

Thank god I'm not old and bald like everyone else on this shit site.

Also, who meh'ed the hummus flavored hummus?

Posted by Anonymous | December 20, 2010 9:29 AM

No, the fact that it took Leon Russell this long to get in shows that the Rock Hall doesn't really try that hard. See Abba.

Posted by Anonymous | December 20, 2010 9:50 AM

December 20, 2010 9:29 AM :
Trying a little hard, aren't you?

Posted by Anonymous | December 20, 2010 10:09 AM

Neil Diamond got in? I guess a lot of menopausal women will be happy about that. Very Rock 'n Roll.

Posted by Anonymous | December 20, 2010 10:16 AM

Neil Diamond deserves his place in there along with the other Brill Building writers. No, he's not rock, but neither is Carol King.

Not sure why some folks are shocked by how long it took Alice Cooper to get in, unless rock cliche is your thing.

Posted by Anonymous | December 20, 2010 11:58 AM

No Captain Beefheart

No J.Geils Band

No MC5

No Black Oak Arkansas

No James Gang

Posted by Anonymous | December 20, 2010 6:56 PM

really tired of people posting song lyrics on these threads.

Posted by Anonymous | December 20, 2010 6:56 PM

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

6 And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.” 7 So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

9 And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.
11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.

20 And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.” 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth.” 23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

24 And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so. 25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.
26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”
29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.
31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.
Genesis 2

1 Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array.

2 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.
Adam and Eve
4 This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, when the LORD God made the earth and the heavens.

5 Now no shrub had yet appeared on the earth[b] and no plant had yet sprung up, for the LORD God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no one to work the ground, 6 but streams[c] came up from the earth and watered the whole surface of the ground. 7 Then the LORD God formed a man[d] from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

8 Now the LORD God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed. 9 The LORD God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

10 A river watering the garden flowed from Eden; from there it was separated into four headwaters.

Posted by Anonymous | December 20, 2010 7:06 PM

I don’t like scenes I always piss off all the cool kids. So I says Me “as in the royal We” STFU go out enjoy the bands and fuck all the humehs eaters. As I read this blurb it comes to me could you imagine the amount of humehs you would have to lick from the cracks of the human anatomy, to get in to thee Rock N Roll Hall of Fame. So I says Me “as in the royal We” Fuck that shit and fuck everyone.

Posted by Anonymous | December 21, 2010 1:42 AM

As far as influential bands go, you'd be hard-pressed to find that influenced as many genres as Chic. But I know that this is an "ol' boys club", it's not surprizing that they weren't honored this year. But ask Duran Duran, Madonna, Steve Winwood, The B-52's, David Bowie, Rod Stewart, Maroon 5, Jamiroquai, Blondie and countless others if Nile Rodgers and Bernard Edwards didn't directly inform some of their biggest hits, and see how quickly they doubt your sanity...PEACE.

Posted by BigBlackRod | December 27, 2010 1:20 AM

Eye opening blog post. I definitely have to send this to my sister. She loves this stuff. Be blessed!

Lisa :-)