Posted in music | pictures | tour dates on December 29, 2010

photos by Graeme Flegenheimer

getting ready backstage @ Higher Ground - 12/28/2010
Grace Potter

Grace Potter and the Nocturnals kicked off a four-night New Years run at Higher Ground in Vermont last night (12/28). Pictures from that show are in this post, and they do it again tonight, and then on New Years Eve, and then one more time on January 1st. The Vermont band will then spend most of the first quarter of 2011 on the road. In March they'll play Irving Plaza in NYC two nights in a row - March 9th and 10th. Tickets are on sale. All dates and more Vermont pictures, below...

Grace Potter & the Nocturnals - 2010/2011 Tour Dates
March 9 New York, NY Irving Plaza
March 10 New York, NY Irving Plaza
March 11 Philadelphia, PA Theatre of the Living Arts
March 12 Washington, DC 9:30 Club

inb4 LEGS

Posted by Anonymous | December 30, 2010 12:25 AM

In one year Grace Potter went from jam band to the Bangles. Jambangles.

Posted by Anonymous | December 30, 2010 1:33 AM

Is this a music tech major record label joke band? Like a retarded Britney Spears Die Antwood concept?

Posted by Anonymous | December 30, 2010 3:18 AM

Seems they were having a bit of hummus backstage? I wish the photographer wouldhave taken a clearer shot of those goodies... it looked like the hummus was flowing back there!

Posted by Anonymous | December 30, 2010 7:14 AM

mmm id love to grace her potter

Posted by Anonymous | December 30, 2010 7:56 AM

I don't buy it...

Posted by Anonymous | December 30, 2010 8:54 AM

This band has been around for 7 or 8 years now... pretty well-established. It's not like some new indie band poppin up you f'ing losers.

Posted by I F'd Your Moms | December 30, 2010 9:34 AM

zzz blooze rock sucks

Posted by Anonymous | December 30, 2010 10:09 AM

yeah why all the haters? the nocturnals are a really fun live band and grace is BEAUTIFUL

Posted by bobby the rookie | December 30, 2010 10:19 AM

Saw her at the Artists Den taping in Bryant Park. Damn good stuff. Surprised to see her get press on the Vegan.

Posted by citybug | December 30, 2010 10:20 AM

id hit it

Posted by Anonymous | December 30, 2010 10:24 AM

nice stems.

Posted by Anonymous | December 30, 2010 10:53 AM

i don't like the glitz and glam direction she's gone in

Posted by Anonymous | December 30, 2010 11:21 AM

It seems like Grace Potter gets a pass because she's been around a awhile her band plays bluesy rock music and she has a strong voice ...but her songwriting is pretty pitiful

the song "Paris" chorus is: "if I was from Paris I'd say Ooh La La"

Gene Simmons could write better lyrics than this chick..

and the whole playing up her legs schtick is getting kind of old..

there are plenty of women out there that can pull off I'm sexy and I rock but I can also write some decent songs... see PJ Harvey for example..

Posted by Anonymous | December 30, 2010 11:30 AM

Oh god...did this person just say PJ Harvey can pull off sexy? Right, she's up there with Patti Smith too I guess. Either way, I don't know what this chick Grace Potter sings but I could probably get through a show if she looks like that. Also, what the hell is with all of the Higher Ground news stories lately? We'll need to call the site "Trustfund Hippie" soon instead of BV. Did I mention how much Higher Ground sucks? I hope it gets swallowed up in an avalanche.

Posted by Anonymous | December 30, 2010 12:21 PM

Yikes! What is going on in the first picture?

Posted by Anonymous | December 30, 2010 12:22 PM

Common pervs...why has nobody mentioned what is going on in picture 6!...And what the hell is going on in picture 6?!

Posted by Anonymous | December 30, 2010 12:30 PM

get over it, you snarky dicks!

LEGS!!!

Posted by Count Funkula! | December 30, 2010 12:36 PM

Shes got legs and she knows how to use them!

Posted by Anonymous | December 30, 2010 1:22 PM

yeah ..just like Patti Smith..... idiot...

Posted by Anonymous | December 30, 2010 1:37 PM

That band Chamberlin that opened has some good tunes, their full album comes out next year.

Posted by tremags | December 30, 2010 1:53 PM

her potter will certainly be...im bad at this. nice stems there sweety

Posted by Anonymous | December 30, 2010 2:09 PM

i'd slame that potter og so gracefully.

there bitches.

Posted by Anonymous | December 30, 2010 3:03 PM

this blog is super into Vermont lately. must be the vegan thing. but hey, where's that fratbr0 to whine about the time his drunk ass got kicked out of a bar in Burlington?

Posted by Anonymous | December 30, 2010 11:04 PM

First of all, asslick...I'm the furthest thing from a frat boy you're ever going to meet. I'm merely stating a fact of what happens to me, as well as other people I know, when they visit Burlington. The biggest pussies are probably in that bar Red Square. We had a couple beers there to start off the day, then I tried to order another round and my friends told the bartender not to get it. They had already planned to leave, but they hadn't told me yet. Next thing I know, the littlest bouncer I've ever seen is behind me trying to be a hardass. He tells me I have to leave, but won't tell me why. I assume he thought my friends were cutting me off...but they just wanted to leave that shitty bar. Just another fun time in the gay world of Burlington, Vermehnt.

Posted by Anonymous | December 31, 2010 12:29 AM

No really is this some corporate record labels concept to dumb down America even more with this image driven vapid circus. Its like if Abba played the worst 80's pop metal.

Posted by Anonymous | December 31, 2010 1:50 AM

Posted by سعودي قمر | December 31, 2010 5:43 AM

Posted by سعودي قمر | December 31, 2010 5:47 AM

This is a different poster than "asslick"

The FratBr0 must be angry because he got kicked out of the most female dense bar in BVT. Also, the bouncers there are not small. BVT is ahead of it's time

Posted by Rocky | January 2, 2011 4:58 AM