Posted in To Do | music on December 15, 2010

* Rye Rye, Navegante, DJ Sega @ Public Assembly
* Freelance Whales, Miniature Tigers @ Webster Hall
* Nada Surf, Bambi Kino, Musicband @ Mercury Lounge
* Prince, Esperanza Spalding, Lalah Hathaway @ Izod Center
* Tacoleg, White Suns, Marsh Hens, Turbosleaze @ Death By Audio
* Only Son, The Silent League, Common Prayer, Abandoned Warehouse @ Union Pool
* The Depreciation Guild, Motel Motel, Dinosaur Bones, The Canon Logic @ Glasslands
* Lubricated Goat, Five Dollar Priest, Endless Boogie, Electroputas, Hans Chew @ Knitting Factory
* Bunny Moon, Dubknowdub, Shadow Lover, Le Sphinxx, Follower, The Magick Report, Planet Rump @ Silent Barn
* Eddie Spaghetti of The Supersuckers, The High Irons, WJ & The Sweet Sacrifice, American Speedway @ Maxwell's

The early show at Joe's Pub is "OUR HIT PARADE: Special Year-End Edition - The Top 10 Songs of 2010!" with Randy Harrison, Tracy Bonham, Cole Escola, Care Bears on Fire, Trapper Felides with Adam Kantor, Shockwave, Amber Martin, Jim Andralis & Larry Krone, Adrienne Truscott "and many more..."

The late show at Joe's Pub is "OUR HIT PARADE: Special Decade Edition - The Top 10 Songs of the 90's!" with, as previously mentioned, "Adam Horovitz (Ad-Rock of The Beastie Boys), Kathleen Hanna (Le Tigre, Bikini Kill), Judy Gold, Alan Cumming, Erin Markey, Myles Kane, Molly Pope, Clint Asay, Amy Bezunartea, Jennifer O'Conner and many more...

Einsturzende Neubauten @ Bowery Ballroom is cancelled.

Ronnie Spector plays Letterman tonight.

Roger Waters will be a guest on Conan tonight.

DFA Records Co-Founder Jonathan Galkin and label manager and DJ Justin Miller talked to each other, and Chromeo got animated, for a Bushmills-sponsored new video series called 'Since Way Back'. Watch both videos below...

The Smith Westerns made a video for their new song "Weekend." Watch it below...

What else?

Florence on Letterman is tomorrow. Florence at Don Hill's is tonight. feel free to put me on the SPIN list for this correction.

Posted by Anonymous | December 15, 2010 7:26 AM

that's horrible, dude

Posted by tony jones | December 15, 2010 10:15 AM

DFA and Chromeo pushing booze for cash.

Posted by Anonymous | December 15, 2010 10:29 AM

Hey me(8:18), will you and your other Rammstein schmucks give it a rest. Rammstein sucks balls and are a joke. I don't give a shit that they sold out MSG. So did Justin Bieber. All that says is that there are tons of people out there with really shitty music tastes. What a fucking revelation.

Besides all that, why do you care if Brooklyn Vegan posts pics or coverage on the show. Does it lessen the enjoyment of the show for you? I am sure you can find pictures other places. Freaking idiot.

Posted by Anonymous | December 15, 2010 10:53 AM

"Florence on Letterman is tomorrow. Florence at Don Hill's is tonight. "

fixed

Posted by brooklynvegan | December 15, 2010 10:57 AM

while i do enjoy rammstein, yeah why are clamoring for photos here. chill dude, chill.

Posted by Anonymous | December 15, 2010 11:11 AM

the fact that you had bothered to put your uninspiring thoughts in writing especially for me gives me a lot of pleasure.
let me share a secret with you, i just got my citizenship solely based on me on my own increasing the avarage IQ in the united states of america by a whole point!
btw who cares about rammstein music,
it is the best circus in the world and i demand to see pics!
now go back to playing with your tiny dirty projector...

Posted by me | December 15, 2010 11:14 AM

^ wow, my brain hurts trying to decipher that

Posted by Anonymous | December 15, 2010 11:16 AM

anyone looking for a nada surf ticket

Posted by Anonymous | December 15, 2010 11:29 AM

Brooklyn Vegan has never made a single post about Rammstein. Just not on his radar and never has been. He doesnt post pictures of every single show.

Posted by Anonymous | December 15, 2010 11:31 AM

I'm tryin to figure out BV logic--the first name over Prince and Bert Jansch (!!!) is a show at Sycamore? Over Florence and the Machine? Does that mean that the show at Sycamore with a Cat Power lookalike is recommended? All this on a site that makes the Rural Alberta whatever important "news." These bands have like what 28 fans?

Is BV being paid to advertise second and third tier bands? And if so, can anyone buy time on this site to promote shows b/c there are some really cool things going on all over the city that I never see here. For example--why don't I see Picasso Machinery shows on BV and no, I'm not affiliated. What about residencies/curated Small Beast shows at the Delancey? I've seen some AMAZING things there.

Again--BV logic...is it tied only to indie labels, clubs, liquor companies (BV hangs with Lykke Li and sells vodka), and emusic bands?

Any help without the hate and the hummus?

Posted by Anonymous | December 15, 2010 11:36 AM

if you haven't noticed, he lists them in order of how long the link is... there is virtually no favoring/suggesting one event over the other. it makes it A LOT easier to read this way.

Posted by Anonymous | December 15, 2010 11:42 AM

aaaand, this is an indie blog that shines a light on new and upcoming bands without huge followings... if you're soley concerned with "first tier" bands, whatever that means, i suggest you pick up the latest issue of rolling stone

Posted by Anonymous | December 15, 2010 11:44 AM

11:42...thanks...this is 11:36. That's a good point. I never thought of it that way. Shorter for visual uniformity. No favoritism. 11:44-sorry. I still think that Bert Jansch should be first. That's just me. And I have not looked at Rolling Stone since 2000. I'm not 35 or whatever.

Posted by Anonymous | December 15, 2010 11:51 AM

he talks about bands that he likes or has a relationship with. Has nothing to do with how big the band is. Green Day makes the cut/Blink 182 doesn't. He talks about whatever he wants to talk about. Just the way the site is.

Posted by Anonymous | December 15, 2010 11:59 AM

bliiiiiink

Posted by Anonymous | December 15, 2010 12:04 PM

fuck, it's cold.

Posted by Anonymous | December 15, 2010 12:05 PM

bv talks about bands with available, flirty hot girls. rural alberta, girls in gldn tri, yuck, ra ra, lia...bv likes pretty young thangs...just look at the lykke li vodka video...that euro tart is SELLING it, man and bv is eating it up.

sex sells and the girls look good-even if the music is secondary to site traffic 11:36. welcome to nyc dummy.

Posted by Anonymous | December 15, 2010 12:08 PM

why the creepy baby

Posted by Anonymous | December 15, 2010 12:20 PM

miniboooooooooooone

Posted by Anonymous | December 15, 2010 12:30 PM

12:08 i think you're confusing bill pearis with BV

Posted by Anonymous | December 15, 2010 12:45 PM

can i get a fuck you to spin magazine. or just a ticket to don hills?

Posted by Anonymous | December 15, 2010 1:19 PM

Can I get a little bowl of hummus, or just a pita sandwich?

Posted by Anonymous | December 15, 2010 1:49 PM

I'm kinda bummed that Sheila E isn't at the prince show tonight. The special guests tonight seem to be "Snazzy Hummus eating jazzy types" and I am more of an 80's bitchy type that wants to hear the jams and not the chin rubbing investment banker sound.

Posted by Anonymous | December 15, 2010 2:35 PM

pwince is gonna wule

Posted by Anonymous | December 15, 2010 2:42 PM

Captain Chris Drury returns to the Rangers tonight against the Pens in Pittsburgh. Is there a free metal show at Matchless tonight?

Posted by Anonymous | December 15, 2010 5:04 PM

@@12:45--who is BV anyway? Funny...ive read this site for years and i don't know who bv is or who bill is. don't know if it matters.

Posted by Anonymous | December 15, 2010 8:27 PM

Florence and the out of tune vocals Machine tomorrow.

Posted by Anonymous | December 16, 2010 3:03 AM

8:27, it doesn't matter, carry on

Posted by Anonymous | December 16, 2010 1:05 PM

^^really? it does not matter? not allowed to ask or just not advisable? I dragged my ass to Sycamore and all I saw was wannbe Cat Power 1997 when everyone kept saying 'no man; you should be at the bell house b/c neil is gonna be there." bad recommendations have consequences.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2010 5:19 PM

Following my investigation, billions of persons in the world receive the loan from well known creditors. Therefore, there's good chances to receive a credit loan in every country.

Posted by KEYLauren | February 29, 2012 3:43 AM