Posted in dance | music | tour dates on February 22, 2011

Jamie xx

Tickets are still on sale for tonight's Jamie xx DJ gig. Opening sets by both Sepalcure and Creep sweeten the deal. Jamie's collaborative album with Gil Scott-Heron ("We're New Here") is out today.

Romy from The xx lends vocals to a Creep song.

A new Converse-produced 'short film' about Jamie can be watched below...

Converse - Jamie XX

i thought that said "Creed song". Holy moly

Posted by Anonymous | February 22, 2011 11:07 AM

Um excuse me. I thought this was a blog about hummus.

Posted by Anonymous | February 22, 2011 11:24 AM

Totally off topic but the last time I saw Jamie xx, there was this amazingly annoying couple who were not only talking during the whole show but were talking about TMI info. The guy kept asking her "Do you like my seven and a half inches? Do you like my seven and a half inches? Is it the biggest you've ever had?" Yeah bro you're cool

Posted by Anonymous | February 22, 2011 11:26 AM

read the above two posts and realize what's wrong with the comments section

Posted by Anonymous | February 22, 2011 11:35 AM

can anyone confirm set times for this gig tonight? site just says doors at 9pm... safe to assume 10 - Sepalcure, 11 - Creep, 12 - Jamie xx?

Posted by wes | February 22, 2011 11:37 AM

11:35 I must disagree. What is wrong with the comment section are bitter loaded comments such as yours. What are you adding to these boards? At least those comments bring on a chuckle or two. Your comment makes me want to punch you in the brain.

Posted by Anonymous | February 22, 2011 11:45 AM

Um excuse me. The only thing wrong with the comments section on BV is James Murphy.

Posted by Anonymous | February 22, 2011 11:47 AM

Who?

Posted by Anonymous | February 22, 2011 12:20 PM

I'm constantly amused by all the hummus replies, but that fucking 'yeah bro, you're cool' comment has never been funny. Seriously, fuck off. Yeah bro, you're cool!

Posted by Anonymous | February 22, 2011 12:28 PM

Yeah bro = Hollister head

Posted by Anonymous | February 22, 2011 12:33 PM

Yeah bro. You ARE cool.

Posted by Anonymous | February 22, 2011 12:51 PM

Posted by Anonymous | February 22, 2011 1:01 PM

1:01 is probably suffering from a bad mood brought on by lack of proper nutrition. Might I suggest a delicious and nutritious snack of hummus on pita triangles or baby carrots?

Posted by Anonymous | February 22, 2011 1:08 PM

BV trying to censor the commentators is unamerican.

Posted by Anonymous | February 22, 2011 1:10 PM

"BV...please turn off the anonymous commenting on this site! Use Gawker as a model for comments. They have their share of idiots...but no one would be putting up this hummus/ meh/ tmi shit. I read this blog cause its a GOOD source for music news...would be GREAT if there were decent conversations."

----

Could not agree more. Your site is a tremendous source for music and I frequent it daily now for years. Over the course of the last year, the comments here have become so out of left field that it make it impossible to have a decent conversation amongst your readers. And yes, no one says you have to click on the comment section so I guess I am at fault to think people who visit a music site would like to talk music.

Posted by Anonymous | February 22, 2011 1:17 PM

meh hummus

Posted by Anonymous | February 22, 2011 1:25 PM

Cosigned, 1:01 and 1:17.

Look at the Onion AV Club's comment section. The only real differences with it are that you have to use a name, and there's a captcha code for unregistered users. And yet, their commenters make BV's look like a bunch of mongoloids.

Posted by Anonymous | February 22, 2011 1:27 PM

JaMEH xx

Posted by Anonymous | February 22, 2011 1:28 PM

My brother wants me to go to this but I've tried listening to Jamie XX and never got into it. What's the draw? Why are people so pumped about this show?

/honestly interested

Posted by Anonymous | February 22, 2011 1:35 PM

BV commentators shall never be compared to other commentators. We are in a league of our own. If you want to read The Onion comments please do so but leave the whining and list making to them. We have better things to do here. Like share hummus recipes. Got any?

Posted by Anonymous | February 22, 2011 2:26 PM

Looking forward to this show. Some really great producers will be strutting their stuff.

Posted by Anonymous | February 22, 2011 3:35 PM

Jamie laid it down toninght. Those who witnessed saw a state of the art dj mixing tracks from a state of the art producer.

Posted by Anonymous | February 23, 2011 2:56 AM