Posted in music on February 25, 2011

On Avery Island

Tickets went on "Artist Presale" Thursday afternoon for Jeff Mangum's upcoming show at Town Hall in NYC. General sale for that show begins today/Friday at 11am, one hour before the presale for the will-call-only Jersey City show starts (password = everythingis). Public sale for the Jersey City show starts Saturday at noon.

Toronto tickets also go on presale at 10am (password: aeroplane).

Cambridge tickets don't go on sale until March 3rd, but Boston tickets go on presale at 10am. More details on each date below...

FROM MERGE:

Jeff Mangum (Neutral Milk Hotel) on tour:

Aug 12 Toronto, ON Trinity St. Paul's United Church - on sale 2/25
Aug 13 Toronto, ON Trinity St. Paul's United Church - on sale 2/25
Pre-sale for both Toronto shows begins Fri, Feb 25 at 10 AM EST (from the links above). Password: aeroplane Will call only. Public on sale begins Sat, Feb 26 @ 12:00 PM EST online & from local outlets Rotate This, Soundscapes & The Horseshoe Tavern.

Sept 09 Cambridge, MA Sanders Theatre at Harvard University
Pre-sales for the Sanders Theatre concert start at 12pm next Thurs, March 3 via the Harvard box office; a larger allotment of Sanders Theatre tickets will be available starting at 12pm on Friday, March 4.

Sept 10 Boston, MA Jordan Hall at New England Conservatory - on sale 2/25
Pre-sale tickets will go on sale through Tix.com starting Fri, Feb 25 at 10am EST; will call only. Public on sale will be on Tix.com link above starting Saturday, February 26 at 12 PM EST with will call or mail options available.

Sept 30 Asbury Park, NJ Paramount Theatre - Sold Out

Oct 03 Asbury Park, NJ Paramount Theatre - Sold Out

Oct 29 New York, NY Town Hall - on sale 2/25 at 11 AM EST

Nov 06 Jersey City, NJ Loew's Theatre - pre-sale begins 2/25 at 12 PM EST Password: everythingis; will call only. Public on sale begins Feb 26 at 12 PM EST.

Dec 02 Somerset, UK All Tomorrow's Parties Curated by Jeff Mangum (Neutral Milk Hotel) - on sale 2/18

I feel like buying tickets just to scalp them.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 9:20 AM

This sale is gonna be another shit sandwich...get ready

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 9:22 AM

Can someone get me tickets if I'm stuck in a meeting?

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 9:23 AM

screw your hall pass

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 9:26 AM

already got my ticket for Town Hall.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 9:27 AM

Islam is a religion of peace

Posted by شردة عراقية | February 25, 2011 9:27 AM

these arabic spambots are really gettin' on meh NERVES

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 9:29 AM

will call only.. so no scalping scumbags

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 9:31 AM

tripoli is normal, calm city...nothing to see here..

Posted by Moammar Quaddafi | February 25, 2011 9:40 AM

Islam is a religion of peace, though

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 9:44 AM

fuck this band. sorry, but you know what, i'm tired of all the bs surrounding will he/won't he with regard to j.m. yeah, they put out a couple great records ... over ten years ago, and they've done more or less nothing since as nmh. get over it, hipsters. the records were wonderful upon release, yes, but it's time to move on. you're like the old fucks who don't listen to anything past the stones.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 9:45 AM

i can't tell if you're serious or just trying to incite negative comments, but i think you're forgetting that he ended NMH before anyone really caught onto how great these songs are. so this is the first time a lot of people will get to see them performed live.

it's not about hanging onto anything, it's about finally getting to witness mangum live.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 9:48 AM

For some reason, I can't think about these shows or any shows. All I can think about is THE STROKES LIVE IN CONCERT APRIL 1st MADISON SQUARE GARDEN.
Not sure why.
Oh, and its etched in my brain that TICKETS ON SALE FRIDAY, 25th at 11AM.

Strange, that's ALL I can think about.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 9:55 AM

::::YAWN::::

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 9:59 AM

Everyone please buy tickets for the Town Hall gig and avoid Jersey City. Thank you.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 10:01 AM

Boston pre-sale tickets sold out within a minute.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 10:02 AM

"but it's time to move on. you're like the old f--ks who don't listen to anything past the stones."

You're so right! Let's dismiss the greatness of the past and only listen to bands that won't be remembered about in a year from now....and hated by the time their second albums come out. Better yet, let's cream over the passe nonsense of The Stokes and pray that The Hives, The Vines and all the other "The" bands make a huge f--king comeback this year!! Let's just cross our fingers that another Dan Deacon, Vivian Girls or Beach Fossils come along soon to resurrect this currently stale scene. Thanks for opening my eyes and living in the moment, you insipid, unintelligent moronic f--k!

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 10:03 AM

what is 9:45 talking about?... he's angry, that I see... but, what is he angry with? 9:48, you're right... the live album (lajj) is the only recorded performance (minus any unofficial boots) that we have had to go by for all these years... I just wanna hear this guy play those 12 songs

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 10:04 AM

@10:02 my clock still said 10:00 when i tried to purchase and got shut out

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 10:07 AM

i was going to buy Mangum tickets, but for some reason i have an urge to go for the Strokes--it's like something is telling me that they'll be live in concert on April 1st at Madison Square Garden and the tickets are on sale Friday, 25th at 11am.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 10:08 AM

10:07, I was able to pull up the ticket screen but I went for "Select seats" instead of "Best Available" and by that time, I had squandered my chances. I'll know better to do "Best Available" tomorrow.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 10:10 AM

Godheadsilo = Lightning Bolt

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 10:10 AM

The thing that 9:45 fails to understand is that this could be only the beginning of something else. Many fans have never heard these songs preformed live. If Mangum is playing and performing, he might also be writing. It's a long shot, but this a reemergence and points to a (slim) possibility of new material from a much-loved writer who has laid dormant for the past decade.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 10:10 AM

10:10, I clicked 'Best Available', entered '4' tickets, and it told me there weren't four in a row, and booted me back to the homepage. Hopefully better luck in 45 minutes.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 10:12 AM

"Best Available" didn't work either. At exactly 10am I chose Best Available and quantity "2" and it said there were no seats together. WTF?

Posted by karmar | February 25, 2011 10:14 AM

10.12, same for me...i clicked best available, "2," and there werent two in a row...booted back to homepage.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 10:16 AM

It did say a "limited" amount of pre-sales would be available, so maybe they just barely had any. For what it's worth, when i went to select seats, the entire section of front and center seats were checked off as taken. Whether or not that is actually true is another story.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 10:16 AM

JAMES MURPHY BOUGHT ALL THE MANGUM TICKETS....AGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 10:16 AM

i snagged one at 10:00 exactly, and it's actually still chillin in my shopping cart, but my friend and i didn't realize jordan hall has seating so we decided to try again for tomorrow. in my experience with buying presale tickets, the seats you get sometimes aren't always as good as when the rest of the tickets go on sale, so fear-not my fellow mangumians. there is hope yet!

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 10:19 AM

I'm sure all the Bostonian yupsters who name Wolf Parade and Arcade Fire as their favorite albums of the year are blowing their wads over this show. Them and their fucking MIT degrees, Asian or blonde haired girlfriends, blue blood pedigrees and Vampire Weekend clothing style. If you're complaining about image-based Williamsburg hipsters, you might as well stop because Bostonian yupsters are the most obliviously annoying offshot of the sub-culture trend. And they have money they earned on their own, so you can't do anything about it.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 10:22 AM

Can you unchill that ticket for me?

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 10:23 AM

ALL THE POWER IN MY HOUSE WENT OUT AT EXACTLY 10AM - message from god?

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 10:25 AM

10:22 - You are a nerd and we hate you!

Sincerely,
Everyone on the eastern seaboard

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 10:27 AM

@10:23 pretty sure it wouldn't make a difference, as the event is closed until noon tomorrow anyway.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 10:27 AM

Ah, I see. I hope tickets are easier to come by tomorrow because as a citizen of Massachusetts, tickets have always been more easier to come by than say, oh... the LCD MSG tickets... and if Mangum tickets sell out within a second, that will make me wonder if what's been happening NYC has made its way over to Boston. That in turn will kind of make me give up on trying to get tickets altogether because I'm sick of this becoming a race every time. I have a freaking job to worry about. I can't always be at my computer at 10am on the dot...

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 10:32 AM

is it definitely will call only for this?

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 10:37 AM

been reading this thread for hours and i JUST got the strokes joke. i guess that shows how little of an efffect the ads on this site have on me.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 10:38 AM

there are already $450 seats on StubHub for the Town Hall show, so apparently it is not will call only

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 10:39 AM

^^ haha, me too. i thought someone was trying to start a new obnoxious BV comment meme.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 10:40 AM

There are already 25 tix for Town Hall on Stubhub and 45 for Jersey City.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 10:48 AM

oh my god the strokes thing is making me blind.

what's with the custom takeover crap on here?

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 10:50 AM

Hey 10:22pm Boston will be showing you which city is the greatest in the world this year when the Red Sox obliterate your deep-pocketed Yankees.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 10:54 AM

Seriously 10:54? This is BV. No one gives a shit about sports.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 10:55 AM

Let the disappointment begin!

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 10:56 AM

Who said it was ?

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 10:57 AM

??????????????

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:01 AM

SOLD OUT, fucking instantly

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:02 AM

Got 2

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:02 AM

wow

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:02 AM

Got two. Getting good at these captchas.

Posted by jae | February 25, 2011 11:03 AM

Got two, balcony, but oh well town hall is small anyways.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:03 AM

got 2 balcony!

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:03 AM

Got two!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:03 AM

got 2 orchestra, row S! so stoked!

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:04 AM

I thought it was sold out, kept trying and got two Orch row R.

Posted by Juggy Gales | February 25, 2011 11:05 AM

sold out.. couldn't get a ticket at 11:00 exactly. sucks.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:05 AM

IM THINKIN IT WAS PRETTY EASY TO GET IF U GET CAPTCHAS I THINK THE STROKES ONSALE AT THE SAME TIME HELPED US OUT AS ALL SCALPERS WENT THERE

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:06 AM

got bounced back as i was checking out. fuck ticketmaster.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:06 AM

Orchestra Row T! Woo hoo! No LCD Soundsystem fiasco here

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:07 AM

tickets sold out for Town Hall yesterday I'm assuming. I couldn't get tickets at 11:00am.

Posted by alana | February 25, 2011 11:08 AM

keep trying, i just got two blacony

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:08 AM

@10:48 - There are no listings for JC you dumb fuck

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:08 AM

i can't imagine the theater is booked up that far in advance. this show sold out instantly (i couldn't get tickets at 11 on the dot!), hopefully he'll add a few more.

oh yeah, and fuck all y'all ticket holders.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:09 AM

Orch G!

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:10 AM

Got 2 for Orchestra row H!!! StubHub here I comes!

Posted by Anne Frank | February 25, 2011 11:12 AM

Mine are on Stub Hub if you'd like them.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:12 AM

Mangum tix for LCD GA @ MSG? anyone?

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:13 AM

I got lucky and got 2 balcony seats at 11:05, but only after numerous failed attempts.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:13 AM

Got 1 for Loge at 11:01

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:13 AM

There are already 25 tix for Town Hall on Stubhub and 45 for Jersey City.

>> right about Town Hall, wrong about Jersey City... JC isn't even on sale yet and its will call only

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:14 AM

nothing. luckily I grabbed toronto at 10am.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:14 AM

fuck this shit, i'm lactose intolerant anyway

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:15 AM

[in a scene from "Brock Landers: Angels Live In My Town"]
Dirk: [as Brock] You still hungry?
Jessie St. Vincent: Starving.
[unzipping his pants]
Dirk: [as Brock] Then feast on that.

Posted by Chest Rockwell | February 25, 2011 11:16 AM

I guess I have to buy on StubHub for a ridiculous price. I hate this.

Posted by Alana | February 25, 2011 11:16 AM

Worse than not getting tix.....got a FORBIDDEN message due to work server when I was trying to check out....GRRRR!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:17 AM

*sigh*

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:18 AM

Ticketmaster continues to be a glitchy fucking abortion

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:20 AM

"guess I have to buy on StubHub for a ridiculous price. I hate this."

Dont give in to those bastards... try for JC show... the path train takes you straight there..

also I'm sure there will be some more tickets released for TH.. every theatre show releases tickets a week or two before the show

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:22 AM

well that was retarded

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:24 AM

Seriously, fuck Jeff Mangum. Most of the tickets were sold to a bunch of assholes who are trying to resell them for more than 500 dollars. Good job, Jeff, way to respect NMH lovers. He could have done a non-ticketmaster sale at the town hall directly or by phone call, or anything that doesn't involve LiveNation bastards.

Posted by Noah | February 25, 2011 11:26 AM

i got two in row e

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:28 AM

Is the leg room at Town Hall as bad as I've heard?

Posted by Michael | February 25, 2011 11:31 AM

the beginning of something else? hahahaha. um, yeah. go look at the pixies. they've been doing the same damn reuninon bullshit for years. go have fun with that.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:34 AM

honestly, FUCK BOWERY PRESENTS and FUCK TICKETMASTER.... both those bastards are killing concert going in this city. I tried for boston, will try for lowes because I will try my best, even if it means traveling to another city, to not give those bitches any of my money. Bowery Presents deserves just as much hate as ticketmaster for this asshole-alliance they have.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:36 AM

Pixies are a whole different story, you idiot. Frank Black and Kim Deal continued to make music after the band broke up. Mangum's been silent for over ten years now.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:37 AM

11:26, you have no idea what you are talking about. most venues in this city have exclusive deals with ticketmaster and CAN'T sell tickets any other way. and although NY is one of the few cities that does have some proper venues that don't use ticketmaster, the services they use operate in the same way with similar fees.

so what do you expect him to do? rent a warehouse space in bushwick and sell tickets himself? artists' hands are pretty much tied at this point in the game. yeah, it sucks, but for you to take out your aggression on the very artist you were trying to get tickets to see is spoiled and obnoxious. i'm glad you didn't get tickets you little pissant.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:39 AM

Well this is turning into a nice little wank party.

Posted by anon | February 25, 2011 11:42 AM

Does anyone know how the presale works for the Cambridge show?

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:46 AM

Also, I don't understand what the big deal is about buying tickets on ticketmaster. It's called being ready to purchase at the stroke of the hour. Every time I've tried to get tickets for a show like this, I've had no problem at all. You just have to be ready to go as soon as the minute turns. I saw Jeff Mangum at the Chris KNox show last year, and I've got tickets for him on Oct 3, and at Town Hall, and I didn't have one issue.

Posted by anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:47 AM

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:39 AM

luckily if you don't already hate yourself for being a narrow minded prick, everyone else will. i'm you don't get what you want? Eat a dick, I buy tickets for shows all the time through media other than ticketmaster. even when i saw radiohead (i doubt there are many concerts that sell out faster), it wasn't through ticketmaster. venues in ny are more than capable of not selling out to ticketmaster and consequentially everyone that they sell out to.

I'm glad i'm not a fucking brooklynvegan troll, you little pissant, cuz that's pretty low.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:47 AM

11:46, I'd keep an eye out on World/Crash Arts website. That's where the Joanna Newsom presale for Sanders Theatre was last year. Not sure if they're having a pre-sale for the Cambridge show, though.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:53 AM

No way in hell will I be selling my tickets on StubHub.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:53 AM

plenty of people got tickets.. as you can see from above and from twitter etc. There are only 71 tickets on Stub Hub that still leaves over 1400 or so that arent.. As far as respecting NMH fans. he did an exclusive pre sale for members of the Elephant 6 Board (closest thing to his fanclub there is) As far as it being non ticketmaster at town hall, thats impossible, What was done was the best that can be done to play a great centrally located venue in NYC. Loews tickets are will call only because they can be and Jeff wants them to be. Quit whining and grow up..

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:54 AM

if you fools haven't figured it out yet, Mangum is playing 10/28 at Maxwell's.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 11:57 AM

Jersey. Fucking. City.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:02 PM

what the hell is wrong with the tickets for the loews? it shows a picture of a phone?

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:04 PM

what's going on with the ticketfly site? Entered the password and don't see anywere to actually order tix

is it sold out? would be nice if it said so

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:04 PM

pulled two to jersey city, orchestra row g, but don't really want. it's will call only, so i can't scalp them. :(

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:04 PM

Is it working? Clicked the button to click buy tickets - crashed out and now it's just a non-clickable phone icon...

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:04 PM

So confusing!

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:04 PM

i pulled up 2 tickets in the section that is off to the side, so i threw them back.

then after that i got the phone image, so i'm guessing it sold out

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:05 PM

the phone icon now replaced by "sold out"
....
fuckerz.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:05 PM

Bought two orchestra for JC, no problem.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:06 PM

And now sold out. Perfect.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:06 PM

ah. now it says so. dammit

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:06 PM

now it says sold out for JC. fuck

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:06 PM

@ 11:54am Totally agree with you !
hope Jeff realize that the real fans likes to see him in small shows in the city and not be mix it with those Hipsters who thinks they know about the 90's music !!!

Posted by Kazukovox | February 25, 2011 12:06 PM

what the actual fuck.
that made no sense whatsoever.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:07 PM

0 for 2 today...

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:07 PM

This is ridiculous. I have clicked the buy tickets button on this website and ticketmaster the second they went on sale for the ATP show, the Town Hall show, and now the Jersey City show and have not been able to get anything. Who knew Jeff Mangum could sell out Madison Square Garden? I guess the question is how much am I willing to pay to see him? I'm certainly willing to trade one of my LCD Soundsystem at MSG tickets

Posted by Ricky Schweitzer | February 25, 2011 12:07 PM

So the presale is sold out, right?

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:07 PM

for the jersey city show, did anyone get anything other than the 2 sections that are off to the side? i'm talking about the single digit seats like 2, 4, 6

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:07 PM

clicked right at 12 said 2 tix weren't avaiolable nex to each other.... WTF???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:07 PM

fucking phone. Is it totally sold out - what about the actual sale tomorrow?

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:07 PM

That ticketfly sale was more bullshit than the ticketmaster sale...

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:07 PM

Just got some baller seats for Jersey City, 8th row!

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:08 PM

I got two in row d right in the middle

Posted by dubin | February 25, 2011 12:08 PM

what the hell?

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:08 PM

94 comments, no hummus joke. Gotta be a first.

Posted by streetdude | February 25, 2011 12:09 PM

at least I'm not alone in being 0 for 2 today. dman

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:09 PM

"he did an exclusive pre sale for members of the Elephant 6 Board"

oh, really? huh. see i've been a member there for a good five years and i didn't get anything.

although, i did get an email wednesday saying to check my email the next day for an important msg. but i didn't get an email from them......bastards.

i knew it had something to do with the presale.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:10 PM

more tickets available tomorrow !

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:10 PM

Hey BV, I got tickets to Boston(where I go to school) so I don't need my ATP paramount theater ones. I have 3 tickets in the 6th row orch if anyone is interested, email me? mzonelli@gmail.com Would love to give them to someone who couldn't get tickets today. (or to be a plus 1 at any LCD soundsystem show >_>)

Posted by Michael | February 25, 2011 12:11 PM

2 for 2. All of you are little bitches

Posted by Brock Landers | February 25, 2011 12:11 PM

12:07, i got two in row k, near the center

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:11 PM

got sooooo lucky...2 tix in row E right center. clicked right at 12. I never have good luck with these things.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:11 PM

‎[in a scene from "Brock Landers: Angels Live In My Town"]
Dirk: [as Brock] You still hungry?
Jessie St. Vincent: Starving.
[unzipping his pants]
Dirk: [as Brock] Then feast on that.

Posted by LILB | February 25, 2011 12:12 PM

Two front row tickets to Town Hall. Am I the luckiest person ever?

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:14 PM

I got dead center row J... so center seats were available

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:14 PM

RE Ticketmaster:

"But I gave everythiiing to a lie and a farce and a FAAAAKE."

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:14 PM

Nice try 12:14 but the first 10 rows went through the presale yesterday

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:15 PM

11:47, whom i assume is also 11:26 - then complain to the venues, not the artist. i agree that venues should have fought ticketmaster harder than they did, especially here in a city that has the muscle to do so.

but for those venues, for whom profit is the primary motivation (and reasonably so; they are businesses after all), ticketmaster provides them a streamlined and hassle-free way to get their tickets sold, and makes them more money in the process. of course they bought in to that. the venues and ticketmaster hold all the cards. clearly there are people willing to spend any amount of money to get in to these shows.

and even in their defense, it's not like ticketmaster or the venues get any money from scalping. they hate that too, and do what they can to prevent it.

yes, the process sucks. being a citizen at all these days sucks; there are corporations exacting fees from you at every corner.

but to direct your anger toward the artist, who is as much a victim as you? that's why you are a spoiled little pissant.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:15 PM

No joke, Row A seats 121-123. I'll be pissed if they're fake, but got them right at 11 from TM.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:16 PM

he did an exclusive pre sale for members of the Elephant 6 Board"
i knew it had something to do with the presale.

>> take it up with the board administrator..also people were talking about it all over that board yesterday , so I'm not sure how you are just finding this stuff out..

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:17 PM

Do you have any Jeff Mangum Mangum Mangum Mangum? Do you have any Mangum?

-Billy Madison

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:17 PM

i got row e today so def not all went in the presale

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:19 PM

just got a pair of jersey city tickets. keep trying there

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:22 PM

so was the Jersey City show a pre-sale today or the regular sale? It's unclear on ticketfly

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:22 PM

"Two front row tickets to Town Hall. Am I the luckiest person ever?"

Actually you are not. At Town Hall the best seats are really the loge. As far as sound wise that is which i assume or hope is the main thing you look for at a show. Not to stare at the artists moles up close. Or maybe you are one of those idiots who goes to MSG shows, sits in the 200's and 300's and says the show killed.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:22 PM

I;m sure its only about 20% of the tickets went on presale

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:22 PM

Jersey City 3rd row on the center aisle. and got toronto presale. So lets see the two shows with will call, I was able to snag. but town hall not a shot in hell.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:24 PM

just got tix to jersey keep trying!

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:26 PM

3rd row center for Jersey City as well. Good to actually get in on one of these sets of tickets lately.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:27 PM

LCD just added a second MSG show. On sale in literally one minute (12:30). Check Ticketmaster.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:30 PM

For I am an engine and I'm rolling on...

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:31 PM

WTF? I got the stupid phone icon too for jc. If it's sold out, fine but for the site to just fucking crash at 12:00 on the dot? So fucking frustrating

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:31 PM

SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG VVV

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:31 PM

omfg. just got 2 GAs for the new LCD msg show. holycrapholycrap.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:31 PM

still pulling GAs for LCD.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:34 PM

My JC ticket says "Location: ORCH LEFT (P1), Seat: K - 1"

Anyone know what the hell that means? It doesn't correspond to the seating chart on their website.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:34 PM

12:34, they set up chairs along the sides in between the gaps in the seating chart

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:42 PM

I got row J - 7 and 9 to the Jersey City show.

I'm confused if its at the center or to the side. I looked at the seating chart and there's no seats 7 and 9 in row J. The single numbered seat stops at row I. I'm kinda hoping this means my seats are row J - 107 and 109 which are near the middle, and not them putting additional seats in the side.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:43 PM

Pulled up a 5th row center ticket for JC - just looked again they put up two in orchestra row t - keep trying!!

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 12:54 PM

you guys are idiots if you cant read a seating chart. Theres a section in the side right at the front that has rows a-k with numbering in the single digits.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 1:16 PM

next time you decide to be a condescending turd, remember that not everyone spends all day behind a computer.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 2:00 PM

MEhngum. LCD SoundMEHstem. MEHlephant 6. MEH life is so empty!

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 2:20 PM

> you don't need all day .. just 5 minutes.. you are right you probably should have gotten that email but everything happens so quick these days that if you are out of the loop for a day you can miss something.. I don't think thats too hard to comprehend

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 2:28 PM

>> i'm a doctor so i kinda dont have time to sit and read msg boards for hours. i pmed the admin and didnt get a response.

This can't honestly be true. Everyone knows BV commentators are people who have never aspired to anything above being thrift clothing store or coffee shop workers.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 2:45 PM

WHO IS THIS GUY

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 2:58 PM

How can I possibly live my life before October not having a ticket yet?

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 2:59 PM

I'm sure they'll add a bunch more town hall shows. Hold off with scalpers for a bit.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 3:13 PM

ATP had three-day passes w/ Mangum available for FOUR DAYS before they sold out. Anyone who's sad about this already had their chance and squandered it.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2011 10:08 PM

dear lord, the jordan hall show sold out in under 30 seconds.

Posted by Anonymous | February 26, 2011 12:02 PM

town hall row F dead center. first time ever i want the summer to fly by.

Posted by Anonymous | February 26, 2011 2:32 PM

the sanders hall show looks like it will have a password-only presale. please share if you know the password; i'll do the same.

Posted by elizabeth | March 2, 2011 1:12 AM

carrotflowers

Posted by jess | March 3, 2011 12:21 PM

White people like the dumbest shit.

Posted by Anonymous | March 3, 2011 7:13 PM

Do not a lot of cash to buy some real estate? Do not worry, just because it's possible to take the loan to work out such problems. So take a sba loan to buy everything you require.

Posted by Cameron20Valeria | December 30, 2011 3:23 AM