Posted in MP3 | music | tour dates on February 2, 2011

by BBG

DOWNLOAD: KEN Mode - "Book Of Muscle" (MP3)
DOWNLOAD: KEN Mode - "Obeying The Iron Will..." (MP3)

Ken Mode at Acheron (more by BBG)
KEN Mode

As I said in 2008, KEN Mode rules. If Unsane spent less time at Swans shows and more at hardcore matinees, they'd probably rip out noisecore obliteration like 2008's Mennonite and 2006's Reprisal (both available for FREE download for a limited time). Now KEN Mode is prepping to release their latest offering of blunt-force ferocity, the spankin' new Venerable LP via Profound Lore on March 15th.

Produced by Kurt Ballou at God City, Venerable is noisy, tense, brutal and definitely punk rock, opening with the endlessly repeatable "Book Of Muscle" (available for download here for the first time) as well as "Obeying The Iron Will...". Head to Noisecreep for a third track, "Batholith", and down below for streams of both new tracks, along with all of Mennonite and Reprisal.

For those of you who doubt the bombast that is KEN Mode live, check the video from Acheron below and make sure to join them when they hook up with Black Breath and Clean Teeth to play The Studio at Webster Hall on April 2nd. Tickets are on sale for the show they play one day after another they have scheduled in Long Island.

All streams and tour dates, which include a visit to SXSW, are below.

KEN Mode - "Book Of Muscle"

Ken Mode - Seul

KEN
MEN
WOMEN
SALEM
HEALTH
DOM

CAPS LOCK ONE WORD BAND NAMES ARE SO COOL.

Posted by Anonymous | February 2, 2011 4:23 PM

K.E.N. = Kill Everyone Now

Posted by Anonymous | February 2, 2011 4:34 PM

Hey 4:23, you fail at getting the reference in the case of KEN Mode.

Posted by Anonymous | February 2, 2011 4:34 PM

Hey 4:23 - I'm gonna caps lock YOUR name.
Then PUNCH it!

Posted by Anonymous | February 2, 2011 4:39 PM

4:34: Yes!

Posted by Anonymous | February 2, 2011 4:44 PM

KEN Mode isn't one word.

you idiot.

Posted by Anonymous | February 2, 2011 5:02 PM

4:23 is "Doesn't get the bit guy".

KEN Mode fucking owns everything! Can't wait to get this on the brown vinyl.

Posted by Anonymous | February 2, 2011 5:06 PM

Never heard of these guys before... but I dig it! Sounds like if Trap Them started a noise rock band!

Posted by Anonymous | February 2, 2011 5:07 PM

This guys + Black Breath = JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Fucking awesome bands, can't wait for this show!

Posted by Anonymous | February 2, 2011 5:14 PM

what 5:14 said!

Posted by (((unartig))) | February 2, 2011 6:38 PM

METAL DUDES TALKING ABOUT JIZZ BEING EVERYWHERE RULES

Posted by Anonymous | February 2, 2011 7:56 PM

@7:56 way to make things uncomfortable, bro!

KM fucking owns! Can't wait to see them in Illinois! BTW, Dan Akyroyd's House is the fucking best venue name ever!

Posted by Anonymous | February 2, 2011 8:32 PM

Saw these guys with Wolvhammer, they killed it! Profound Lore signs all the good shit these days

Posted by Anonymous | February 2, 2011 8:33 PM

Want to see these guys with Trap Them, BBG you gotta make that happen!

Also, 2nd that 8:33 comment.

Lastly, when is this band going to do a full/proper tour instead of a few dates here and there with different bands??? They need to be out with real tours! Hopefully the new album gets em there!

Posted by Anonymous | February 2, 2011 8:36 PM

We only posted a few of the dates because the rest aren't confirmed, but rest assured...we're out for 2 months on this run, and booking another month after that already. We'll be hitting the road with a vengeance this year.

Posted by Jessmode | February 2, 2011 10:10 PM

can't wait for this record. fuck YES.

Posted by JT | February 2, 2011 10:40 PM

"If Unsane spent less time at Swans shows" - what? I love you BBG, but that's a puzzler.

Posted by Anonymous | February 3, 2011 8:17 AM

8:17, thanks for reading. Vinny of Unsane was also in Swans, and I think you can hear it in some of their noisier/slower work. But sorry if that's confusing to you. Either way, thanks for reading and more importantly listening and supporting good music

Posted by BBG | February 3, 2011 9:59 AM

i hear you - i was thinking of charlie ondras' years as being unsane's formative ones, and don't hear a lot of swans in them in general. to each his own!

Posted by Anonymous | February 3, 2011 10:05 AM

BBG: I found out about Unsane through the Swans (I knew Vinnie was a member also). I've gotta give them a listen.

Posted by Anonymous | February 3, 2011 12:08 PM

Yeah Unsane were a noise band with Charlie Ondras and now days are metal obviously. Swans have absolutely zero to do with metal. Im sure Gira would say so himself.
Vinnie only played drums on Swans live shows and maybe a few albums in the very last years. Great guy though.

Good thing Chris Spencer can maybe joke about some metal attitudes in some indie music because a band named Wolvhammer sounds damn ridiculous. Some noise rock took little bits of metal later and not intentionally in the first place so why do people now days misunderstand that and decide to play plain old straight up metal? I mean some of these younger guys would hear Tar (T&G) or Hammerhead (Amrep) and say their metal which they are not.
The predictable "they owned it" and "killed it"
just sounds so dumb.

Posted by Anonymous | February 4, 2011 10:14 PM

I never really got into Unsane, but I love me some KEN Mode!

BBG, why didn't you tag this in the metal section??? Hard to find it since it isn't! That new song is fucking killer, keep coming back to hear it again.

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2011 2:12 PM

http://www.foodsthatboostyourmetabolism.com/food-combinations-that-burn-fat/ This is the worst article of all, I've read, You are the worst writer. Thank you, this is the worst thing I've read. Reading this article - the gift of your time

Posted by Foods That Increase Metabolism | August 9, 2013 9:44 PM

http://www.produkk-link.com/penyakit-obatnya-penyembuhan/suplemen-pembakar-lemak-terbaik/ Thank you for what you have. This is the best post I've read. I will not talk about your competence, the article simply disgusting. You just copied someone else's story

Posted by Fast Metabolism Diet Recipes Yummy | August 9, 2013 9:44 PM

http://www.fatburningfoodsformen1.com/low-fat-low-cholesterol-diet-cookbook-plan-recipes-uk-for-weight-loss/ I am a long time ago I read your blog and has long been saying that you're a great writer. Say "thanks" you to your parents that they gave you the world

Posted by Obat Pelangsing | August 9, 2013 9:44 PM

http://obatpelangsingherbaltubuhcepat.com/obat-herbal-untuk-pelangsing-tubuh/ I found what I was looking for. great article, thanks. Subscribed to your blog, thanks. I can not figure out how do I subscribe to your blog

Posted by fat burning foods for men | August 9, 2013 9:45 PM

http://www.fastmetabolismdietrecipes.com/master-your-metabolism-recipes-250-fat-torching-recipes-yummy/ Thank you for your work. Article helped me a lot. Really worthwhile article. Pay attention Hey, buddy, I have not figured out how to subscribe

Posted by produk k link | August 9, 2013 9:46 PM

http://www.foodsthatincreasemetabolismandburnfat.com/foods-that-burn-belly-fat-for-men/ I am looking for a competent writer, long time in this area. Excellent article!
I have read not one article on your blog. You're a big lad

Posted by Foods That boosty your metabolism recipes | August 9, 2013 9:47 PM