Posted in music | tour dates on February 12, 2011

by BBG

Lichens at Brooklyn Masonic Temple (more by BBG)

As previously mentioned, Prince Rama and Lichens will perform at Ace Hotel tonight (2/12) as part of a 'Sup Magazine release party. The show is free, but RSVP is "recommended".

Lichens (aka Robert Lowe) is also playing Union Pool on Feb 27th with Kevin Hufnagel and Bruce Lamont and Cocaine & Abel. $10 gets you in. Hufnagel is currently recording the new Gorguts LP in Canada (!).

Kevin Hufnagel recently played a show with Religious to Damn and Tamaryn who again team up for a show next week at Don Hill's.

Lichens played a show at Glasslands in January with Thank You who return to play Death By Audio tonight with Double Dagger and Dustin Wong.

Dustin Wong (who you should definitely check out) was on the bill when Nightlands played their first-ever show at Glasslands recently. As Bill pointed out, Nightlands play their second-ever NYC show tonight (2/12) at Glasslands with Philly's Sun Airway, Warm Ghost, and Dinowalrus.

Tonight's Ace Hotel show is one of three upcoming NYC Prince Rama dates. You can also find them at Bowery Ballroom on Feb 25th supporting Suckers and at Glasslands on March 2nd when they start their next proper tour.

Prince Rama's labelmate Panda Bear just released a song from his new album.

"What's Going on Saturday?" is on the way. In the meantime, check out This Week in Indie for more shows happening tonight (2/12).

Some video, the Sup flyer and updated Prince Rama tour dates are below.

Lichens plays live in Berlin

Lichens (Live) Tivoli, Utrecht, Netherlands - 05/02/10

Kevin Hufnagel "Twilight Clocks" live @ The Stone, NYC

Kevin Hufnagel "The Bridge" live @ The Stone NYC

Prince Rama

02/12 Ace Hotel New York, NY
02/25 The Bowery Ballroom New York, NY
03/02 Brooklyn, NY - Glasslands * #
03/03 Pittsburgh, PA - Garfield Artworks *
03/04 Oberlin, OH - Oberlin College # ^
03/05 Cincinnatti, OH - CS13 *
03/06 Lexington, KY - Cosmic Charlie's *
03/07 Knoxville, TN - Pilot Light *
03/08 Boone, NC - Black Cat *
03/09 Athens, GA - Farm255 * !
03/10 Charleston, SC - Receiver Fest at Tivoli Studios *
# = w/ Psychic Reality
^ = w/ Sex Worker
! = w/ Quiet Hooves
$ = w/ Toro Y Moi
+ = w/ Sun Araw
& = w/ Lucky Dragons

Totally off topic but the last time I saw Lichens, there was this amazingly annoying couple who were not only talking during the whole show but were talking about TMI info. The guy kept asking her "Do you like my seven and a half inches? Do you like my seven and a half inches? Is it the biggest you've ever had?" Yeah bro you're cool

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2011 6:08 PM

I only went once to see Lichens and I must say that I expect something else. Okay, the spectacle was nice, but I don't know it's was boring. They should add more stuff or something.

Posted by Jocuri | February 12, 2011 6:12 PM

I was trying to remember who the doofus was that opened for sleep and just recorded his dumb voice into a loop pedal for half an hour, thanks for reminding me

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2011 8:52 PM

Lichens is great

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2011 10:21 PM

6:12 would probably like a motley crue concert, with girls in cages dancing and stuff

Posted by Anonymous | February 13, 2011 1:11 AM

I love Prince Rama but this place was a fiasco and glasses door guy was kinda loathesome.

Posted by Anonymous | February 13, 2011 9:15 AM

Posted by talismanservers | January 9, 2013 6:01 AM

Lichens, we looove you!

Posted by xdrumer | January 9, 2013 8:23 AM

I love music. I love guitars.

Posted by jocuri | May 22, 2013 11:08 AM

Love you

Posted by Mario | October 23, 2013 10:57 AM

you are in reality a excellent webmaster. The web site loading speed is incredible. It seems that you are doing any distinctive trick. Also, The contents are masterwork. you’ve performed a great activity on this matter!

Posted by games kids | April 15, 2015 12:15 PM

^ saluations!

Posted by Anonymous | April 15, 2015 1:17 PM

Thank you for your interest. While it's true that women will do almost anything in pursuit of a good time, performing oral sex is not the act of martyrdom some would have you believe. You see, most women have an innate attraction to the penis, or at least think it's "neat." Hence, the creation of sex toys folks. A 1993 survey concluded that 55 percent of women found oral sex "very normal," 32 percent found it "all right," 9 percent found it "kinky," 4 percent found it "unusual," and 1 percent didn't realize there was any other kind. (Strangely, when subjects were asked about instant pudding, the responses were identical.) Another study from the '90s, the unofficial "Decade of the Blow Job," concluded that "twice as many women who went to college have given or received oral sex compared with those who did not finish high school," which clears up a lot of confusion about the definition of "liberal arts.

Posted by jocuri | April 17, 2015 3:34 AM

According to sexuality educator Logan Levkoff, while many women do it simply out of reciprocity, "there are some women who love to give oral sex," wanting nothing in return. Now, if this sounds too good to be true, it probably is: These so-called "angels" are usually practitioners of the black arts, and will steal your breath in the night. We Recommend Finally, a Movie Worse Than Showgirls More: 10 Ways to Have Better Sex, According to Science Who invented the blow job? Was it Cleopatra? Of course not. Cleopatra invented Liquid Paper. The blow job came about in a rather amusing way: An 18th-century nobleman, the Earl of Sandwich, once requested that his meat course be placed between two pieces of bread so he could eat while playing cards. As this was happening, his friend the Marquis de Boules stayed behind in the kitchen and got a blow job. Isn't that a ribald tale from the annals of history? However, it is not universally accepted by historians as being true in the truest sense of the truth. Educated people say there is evidence of oral sex in art that predates the time of Cleopatra.

Posted by jocuri | April 17, 2015 3:41 AM

I must say I laughed out loud when I read your question," bragged Shelley Haley, a classics professor and Cleopatra expert at Hamilton College. That a classics professor just called you an idiot is beside the point. The point is, it's safe to assume blow jobs have been around since before the beginning of time and, with any luck, will be here for another three months or so. Is there an optimal position, ergonomically speaking, for giving a blow job? I don't want my girlfriend to get stuck with a sore jaw.That is the stupidest question I've ever heard. I have to answer, though, or these guys won't sign my court order. Dr. Jack Summers, director of research for San Francisco's Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality, says, "It's just like sucking a Popsicle. It shouldn't be any more ergonomically challenging." (That's exactly what Prince used to tell me. I wonder if they know each other.) In turn, Ted McIlvenna, president of the Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality, has accumulated reams of data on this very subject. Upon learning of 13 cases of whiplash involving "crack whores in Key West," he determined that "when you lean over too much, the jaw can be inconvenienced.

Posted by friv | April 17, 2015 3:45 AM

He suggests that anything that will make a man orgasm faster will help reduce the number of this kind of repetitive-motion injury. "The number-one culprit is men who drink too much. Of all the problems that professional women face, alcohol is number one." (Surprisingly, assault, battery, incarceration, disease, rape, and murder all tie for second.) But perhaps the problem is bigger than we know. In his research, McIlvenna found that women were less likely to speak up about these things than the men he spoke to, many of whom took issue with the inconvenient placement of several public glory holes. "They preferred a position where they could be on their hands and knees," explains McIlvenna. It is for this reason that Stacey Woods, director of the Institute for the Advanced Study of Important Things, has started Glory Be, a nonprofit community-outreach and think-tank program that brings community leaders, engineers, and local artists together to raise awareness about the position of glory holes at our nation's truck stops. "I firmly believe in our message," says Woods. "Fix a hole, fix a life.

Posted by România | April 17, 2015 3:50 AM

The Esquire Guide to Sex: Positions, Tips and How-To Advice Do all women dislike it when you hold their head while you're getting a blow job? And if so, where else should I put my hands? I've put calls in to every living woman, and I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple — Soledad O'Brien is apparently on vacation, and I think I must have an old number for Markie Post because it just rings and rings — but so far, the rest of earth's female population says, "It's all in the attitude." We understand it's natural for your hands to land on whatever's in the vicinity (head, shoulders, livestock, soft-serve ice-cream machine, senator, whatever), and some good-natured hair-stroking shouldn't be a problem. However, you must be very, very gentle. A lady's hair is really soft and pretty, but let's not forget what happened to that little puppy, Lennie. You'll also want to avoid using your hands in a forceful, demeaning sort of way.

Posted by jocuri kids | April 17, 2015 3:59 AM

Very few women are into that. Oh, wait, here's one: Sunset Thomas of Nevada's own Kit Kat Guest Ranch (brothel) says, "I don't mind a guy grabbing a handful of hair while I lip-lock his lumber." Well, it seems Ms. Thomas has discovered the simple power of alliteration. "Or," she continues, "if you've got the dexterity, dink a digit in our damp spot." Okay! Settle down, Robert Frost. The fact is, you needn't feel pressure to do anything noteworthy with your hands. Idle hands are no longer the devil's playthings; the devil's playthings are Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown. But if you're just one of those fidgety types, this may be a good time to brush up on your sleight of hand. Imagine her delight when it's all done and you pull a quarter out of her ear!

Posted by jocuri | April 17, 2015 4:07 AM

I've encountered only one man in my life who would pass up a blow job. To this day, I believe him to be part of a small minority who genuinely don't care for the sensation of a pair of soft lips and a warm, wet tongue on their most erogenous zone. There are other men who think they don't like blow jobs but in fact have never dared to tell her how it ought to be done, and so they feign complete indifference to oral stimulation full stop. It saddens me to think of both her wasted time and effort and the fact that these men are missing out on what should be one of the most pleasurable experiences they can have at the hands (and mouths) of better educated women.

Posted by jocuri | April 17, 2015 4:09 AM

One thing most men have in common is their love of giving head to a woman. More fascinating are the reasons why they love it. Putting aside the obvious - intense levels of intimacy and the fact that you're giving your woman a great time - there is an element of control involved in going down, that you can't help but be tempted by. Her body and climax are, effectively, at your command. If men recognise that they are exerting control over a woman when they give head, why should a woman feel subservient and enslaved when they take a man into their mouth? Why they don't see giving head in a more positive way is a mystery to me. My advice is that if she's reluctant, help her understand. Make sure she realises just how easily she can turn you on.

Posted by jocuri yepi | April 17, 2015 4:15 AM

To me, there is nothing more satisfying than giving and receiving the kind of oral sex that happens spontaneously. Not because anyone has asked to receive and not because anyone feels pressured to give, but because (and this is the key) it turns the giver on as much as the receiver. When I give my man a blow job, by the time he's moaning and encouraging me to quicken the pace as he nears climax, I am so wet I could float Roman Abramovich's yacht. Why? Because I know that I have just brought him to this point with my mouth, with my technique and, most significantly, with my free will.

Posted by jocuri | April 17, 2015 4:29 AM

Then of course, there's the sweet anticipation of what I can expect if I time things correctly. I know that if I stop just shy of him climaxing, he will flip me over and push into me so hard, that I will barely be able to breathe. He'll be so enraptured by the sensations I give him that he'll worship me. It won't be power-driven sex; it will be gorgeous, desperate yet considerate sex. Your woman should know that you'll be aching to make her feel as good as she made you feel and if that's not enough reason to get excited about giving head, nothing is.

Posted by kizi | April 17, 2015 4:32 AM

Counter her assumption that it will all be over once you come by assuring her that it's an intense part of foreplay. Sadly, some women are cynical about a man's bedside manners and will assume that if a blow job takes you to climax, then it's game over and she won't get any more attention. Encourage her to adopt a soixante-neuf position so she doesn't feel like she's missing out. Do whatever you can to prove to her that a blow job is not a favour, but a whole lot of fun. This might also involve a bit of confidence-building, because reluctance to give head often stems from lack of experience and fear of getting it wrong. Women know how they like it, so do men, and unless you're an adolescent boy, there definitely is such a thing as a bad blow job.

Posted by jocuri copii | April 17, 2015 4:39 AM

The answer? Communication. There's no better alternative to telling her exactly how you like it, in the most constructive and arousing way possible. No one responds positively to a step-by-step guide, but once she's in position, tell her when she's getting it right. If her tongue fleetingly dancing over the head of your cock feels divine, then ask for more. Tell her to keep doing it while she guides you in and out of her mouth. If you need a firm hand around the base of your cock as she applies sucking pressure to the shaft, then take her hand and, with yours over hers, show her how hard and how fast you like it. A man who knows what he wants is a huge turn-on, and hand-on-hand contact is tactile and appealing to her.

Posted by jocuri noi | April 17, 2015 4:42 AM

What a woman never wants to feel is intimidated. A blow job can easily turn into a power battle if you approach it in the wrong way. While one woman will get off on kneeling in front of you, it will deeply offend another, to the point where your cock will never near her mouth again. Find out her preference for spitting or swallowing and respect it without question - one day you might be pleasantly surprised, but the choice is always hers. To maintain an equilibrium until you've established her oral boundaries, lie down but elevate your head slightly so you can see, have her face you and straddle your legs - in this position she can set the pace and make eye contact with you. I don't need to explain to you why this makes all the difference, but make sure it's clear to her. The intensity created by her looking into your eyes as she gives you head is electrifying, for her and you. She'll gauge how much you're enjoying everything she's doing and she'll love the expressions of pleasure on your face when she gets it blissfully right.

Posted by jocuri izi | April 17, 2015 5:15 AM

If she goes straight in for the kill by forcing your cock as far down her throat as possible, her head bobbing up and down like a nodding dog, slow her right down. Ask her to alternate long, feather-light tongue strokes (especially on the tip and the underside), with strong sucking motions, accompanied by a hand near the base and some attention to your balls. Variation will ensure that she won't get lock jaw, you won't get bored and you'll experience a whole array of delicious sensations. Talk to her and encourage the techniques you enjoy with some moans of pleasure and a hand in her hair, gently pulling her head in closer. Only when you're ready to orgasm should you let her build strong, uninterrupted, rhythmic motions - don't be afraid to take it right to the end on occasion. Because make no mistake, it's a feeling of triumph when a man orgasms after some well-performed oral. Who wouldn't feel smug about that?

Posted by Romania | April 17, 2015 5:18 AM

I know, double take right here. How does trust help sex? Let’s face it. Anal sex can hurt if you’re not lubed up and relaxed. Plus that thing is TIGHT. Which is why men LOVE it. But shoving it up there is going to hurt like hell and guarantee a kiss of death to any second chance of doing it there again. The first time I agreed to anal sex was with my ex-boyfriend. He lit up like a Christmas tree when I said yes and of course, I trusted him to not hurt me and thankfully, I loved it. One afternoon, I came, I kid you not..nine times from one anal session! I was batting for both types of sex now. Now the second guy I ever trusted back there, is huge. Deep-throating him was awesome and sex was mind blowing but back there?? That scared me a little and I was so ready to say no. But he was such a seducer. Deep intense eyes that promised excitement and pleasure, and sexy drawl that could melt any heart. Ever put your trust blindly into someone? For me that was him. I couldn’t say no to him and the result was explosive and a melding of two like souls. So yes to trust. Men love to be trusted. They love to hear us say yes to their desires and lay our pleasure in their hands. It feeds into their primal instinct to protect and naturally dominate. Women want to give, so handing over the “ I trust you with my a-card” is something rare and novel. Trust is a gift to both parties and creates a whole other level of intimacy, which is something we ladies always want.

Posted by jocuri y8 | April 17, 2015 5:33 AM

I said that it’s a gift. Not in the “here’s my tight little hole wrapped up in pretty bow for you” but in the “I’m saying yes, because I choose it for both of us”. It’s powerful because anal sex is sex in its rawest form. It’s purely physical without thought to pregnancy (see reason 1). It’s powerful for both men and women. Power for a man because he dominates and controls the situation and his shaft is feeling so good being so tightly stroked. Powerful for a woman because it means embracing her desires to willingness to allow her body to be a sex object for her man. And seriously…what man won’t come back for more of that? Hee-Hee, looks like woman have the upper hand here. (Carpe Diem Bitches) Bow down gentlemen.

Posted by jocuri funny | April 17, 2015 5:35 AM

Ever rub the palm of your hand? Feels pretty good and kind of ticklish. Now rub the back of your hand. The sensitivity is higher and it feels even more tingly! That back-of-hand caressing is kind of how the g-spot’s being stroked in anal sex. The tingling pressure builds and then it’s an earth shattering, soul-searing, ear-poppin’, sky-soaring orgasm. Not that you can’t get that same feeling from vaginal sex too, it’s just more tingly and intense. In Short…Fireworks.

Posted by jocuri miniclip | April 17, 2015 5:38 AM

Generally speaking, anal sex isn't the first thing that comes to mind when you are thinking of mutually pleasurable things to do with a partner. Instead, the urban sex legend goes, "Guys want it because they've heard it's tighter than normal sex and they've seen it in porn, and girls occasionally acquiesce as a bargaining chip/reward/very special birthday present." But aside from tipsy late-night conversations between women (or women and their gay guy friends), practical knowledge of butt sex in the wild is hard to come by. Thus, we asked two women who have actually done it about their motives, their preparation process, and whether it's ever gotten them off.

Posted by jocuri noi | April 17, 2015 5:51 AM

I felt so bad for the women in the previous article, having anal sex when it obviously wasn't something they liked. We're in charge of our sexuality, and we ought to own it. I love anal (and hate receiving oral), so I'm really weird, but so what? I have someone who appreciates me for me.I first tried it 15 years ago, with my husband. I'd had fantasies about it before, and was more into doing it — I expected to like it as much as I ultimately do. We had tried buttplay before, using fingers, and I always loved it. I don't talk about it with my friends much, because there's a stigma against women who enjoy it. Either they're sluts, or they're lying for male validation. Neither one is true for me.

Posted by jocuri game | April 17, 2015 5:53 AM

Anyway, the first time, he was afraid he'd hurt me. I told him we'd try and if it hurt, I'd tell him to stop. The first time, and all subsequent times, it's felt incredible to me. Amazing, intense and pleasurable. It gives me mind-blowing orgasms — I've thought many times that my G-spot is in my ass. I can definitely orgasm with only anal penetration, but sometimes I get the double orgasm when we add in clit stimulation. First one then the other. Damn, that's something. I guess I come easily. My steps include first having vaginal sex (without orgasm), some teasing or finger/toy play, and then anal. I must be very very turned on to have an orgasm from anal. It does hurt a little at first, but the good kind of pain that sometimes enhances sex.

Posted by jocuri tarzan | April 17, 2015 5:55 AM