Posted in music | tour dates on February 7, 2011

Titus Andronicus (more by kolored)
Titus Andronicus

Did you get tickets to the sold-out Willie Mae Rock Camp For Girls benefit at Mercury Lounge on Thursday (2/10)? If you didn't, that's OK... you can still see Titus Andronicus in the coming weeks, in the general area, and for a good cause. The NJ band will play on 2/26 in Manville, NJ at the VFW Hall as part of a benefit for NJ Children's Specialized Hospitals. The show will also feature an appearance from The So So Glos and tickets are on sale.

Besides those benefit shows, Titus has another FOUR in the NYC area. We already knew about the pair of dates supporting The Pogues at Terminal 5 (tickets are still available for 3/15 and 3/16), but in addition to those, Titus will end a string of US dates that kick off in late March with headlining shows at Maxwell's on 4/29 (on sale now) and Music Hall of Williamsburg on 4/30 (tickets go on AmEx presale Wednesday and and regular sale Friday).

All tour dates, including some with Bright Eyes, and some videos below...

Titus Andronicus - 'A More Perfect Union'

Titus Andronicus - Sweater Song Live in Philadelphia, PA (4/15/10)

Titus Andronicus - 2011 Tour Dates
Thu 02.10.11 New York, NY Mercury Lounge (ROCK CAMP FOR GIRLS benefit show) w/ Care Bears On Fire, Toy Sugar, Deux Chattes
Sat 02.26.11 Manville, NJ Manville VFW / Children's Specialized Hospitals Benefit
Thu 03.03.11 Chicago, IL Congress Theatre w/ The Pogues
Sun 04.24.11 Atlanta, GA The Earl
Tue 04.26.11 Norfolk, VA Jewish Mother
Wed 04.27.11 Washington, DC Black Cat
Thu 04.28.11 Philadelphia, PA First Unitarian Church
Fri 04.29.11 Hoboken, NJ Maxwell's
Sat 04.30.11 Brooklyn, NY Music Hall of Williamsburg

This guy has the perfect hipster beard.

Posted by kanyea best | February 7, 2011 5:04 PM

remember indie rockers, if the music doesn't work out maybe you can be in a just for men commercial.

Posted by hipster mctrustafarian | February 7, 2011 5:06 PM

Is Ian playing this tour or do they have a new bass player already?

Posted by Anonymous | February 7, 2011 5:14 PM

Sincere congrats to Titus for landing Bright Eyes opening gigs, come a long way since 2008.

(meant in jest not as a takedown, I've seen more Titus shows than any other band)

Pitchfork: You guys wanna talk about Bright Eyes?

PS: [picks up the recorder and speaks directly into it] Listen to me for a second. I listened to a lot of Bright Eyes in high school. I'm not gonna front on you. Seventeen, 18 years old, me and my friends thought Bright Eyes was god's dick. I'm going on 23 now, I don't wanna read about Bright Eyes every time I wanna read about the band I'm in. Even fucking Silver Jews got a couple of blurbs that didn't mention Pavement, okay? So please, all you blogosphere navigators out there, I'm challenging you right now, calling you out: let's see who can write the Titus Andronicus blurb that doesn't mention Bright Eyes, okay? We'll be best buddies ever. Not hate on Bright Eyes, important guy in my teenage years, but, like, seriously, every fucking time I... officially, I don't sound that much like him, okay? We're just dudes. We're just regular Irish-descended American dudes that like laying it on the line. There's a lot of fucking people that did that too, besides Conor Oberst. Much love to Conor, big ups to him on his artist friendly one-off Merge contract. Don't wanna hear about it anymore, okay? I know Bright Eyes screeches and squeals a lot... fine, Bright Eyes is cool. We listened to Bright Eyes in the van last night, and I was digging it.

DT: Calling us like Bright Eyes is a little Flak 101. Dig a little deeper. Greatest hits, track two.

PS: So I'm sayin'. Lotta love to Bright Eyes. I fucking was loving you at the Knitting Factory when you had Ben Kweller in your band. That was huge. You're a great man, Conor, if you're out there. However, I don't sing like you that much, man. And I don't need to hear about it every single day. We also challenge you to a fight. I'm interested in fighting you, or doing whatever contest you want. If you wanna go bowling, if you wanna do Scrabble, Scattergories... we're gonna be in Omaha one of these days, man. Yeah, Jenga? I'm dangerous at Jenga. Face me in Jenga, see what happens, Conor. We'll find out won't we. Think you're pretty big now? Just wait. Also, Mario Kart 64? Bring the drama.

AC: No seriously, I got dibs, though. I got Peach.

PS: Our band does not sound like Bright Eyes. Officially. That's the last word on it. The end. No hate, but big shouts to people who realize that Paul Westerberg is a bigger, better guy to compare us to than Bright Eyes. 'Cuz he fuckin' put it on the line, too! Do your research, bloggers, all right? Bright Eyes didn't invent having feelings. Just sayin'. Not a big deal, but people had feelings before Conor Oberst came along. Yeah buddy. I work for my money, honey.

Posted by #1 Titus Fan | February 7, 2011 8:36 PM

well that interview is pretty dumb and annoying

Posted by Anonymous | February 7, 2011 9:01 PM

That interview, not just that part but the whole thing, is one of the funniest I have ever heard a band give. They were all apparently shit faced when they gave it.

Posted by Anonymous | February 7, 2011 9:21 PM

Gotta love Titus shows at Maxwells!

Posted by Anonymous | February 7, 2011 9:25 PM

Agreed, 9:25. Titus at Maxwell's was tremendous last summer.

Posted by Anonymous | February 7, 2011 9:41 PM

seeing Titus at Maxwell's is like eating hummus in Lebanon.....amazing.

Posted by Anonymous | February 7, 2011 10:09 PM

why does titus andusscacaca suck so much and why are people actually into them?

that new years eve show was solid until they showed up. whiney anthemic trail of deadishmeh

Posted by Anonymous | February 7, 2011 10:16 PM

stickles really does sound like oberst. it's not just that they both "have feelings". he owes a lot to that howl. it's funny that he can't hear that, and it's really lame that artists are reluctant to cite bright eyes as influential.

Posted by Anonymous | February 7, 2011 10:23 PM

Titus rules so hard, and has the balls to make light of the fact they sound a little bit like desaparecidos (more than bright eyes) - but whateve,r Titus is an awesome band and actually interesting, whereas there is a lot of boring ass shit out there that simply tries to be inoffensive and land in car commercials.

Posted by Anonymous | February 7, 2011 11:00 PM

Great band made up of great people.
@10.16 can go back to listening to Wavves and music for people that literally are empty inside (see: Best Coast).

Posted by Anonymous | February 7, 2011 11:07 PM

Neko Case's bass player could teach this guy a thing or two about having a proper beard.

Posted by Anonymous | February 7, 2011 11:08 PM

neko case herself could teach him about having a proper beard. am i right?

Posted by Anonymous | February 7, 2011 11:25 PM

How many times has Titus played at Maxwell's? You can start with being an opener, then a headliner? My guess for headliner is four.

Posted by Anonymous | February 7, 2011 11:29 PM

Can someone please tell me why people like this shit. I've tried numerous of times to like them, but just can't. I'm not sure if the singer is deliberately trying to sound like Daniel Higgs from Lungfish, but if he is, it's a terrible forgery.

Posted by Anonymous | February 8, 2011 8:42 AM

this band is terrible. people who like them are stupid. it's that simple.

Posted by Anonymous | February 8, 2011 10:14 AM

people who like them like good music.

Posted by Anonymous | February 8, 2011 10:18 AM

@10:16

the NYE show was fucking boring before Titus got onstage and I'm saying this as someone who was there for Julian Lynch and Real Estate.

typical hipster bullshit "the opening bands were better than the headliner" - you're a turd!

Posted by Anonymous | February 8, 2011 10:22 AM

TItus must be approaching some sort of record for sheer amount of touring. And they never phone in a performance.

Posted by Anonymous | February 8, 2011 12:13 PM

Hummus Andronicus

Posted by Anonymous | February 8, 2011 12:47 PM

8:42 - I've tried to get into them as well and it's just terrible. I was so intrigued to understand the fuss, but the music falls flat on it's face when I listen to them. I think most of the positive posts on here are from the band.

Posted by Anonymous | February 8, 2011 1:11 PM

i'm not in a band, they're just awesome.

Posted by Anonymous | February 8, 2011 1:29 PM

^^ Oh..

Posted by Anonymous | February 8, 2011 2:27 PM

I have nothing to do with them and I love them. Totes promise.

LFitzmaurice trolling for newspost ideas much?

Posted by Anonymous | February 8, 2011 6:58 PM

haters, maybe you just don't understand because you aren't from NJ...

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2011 12:39 AM

This band is HUGE in NJ and HUGE in Denmark, and they have a HUGE fridgerator on their tour bus that is filled with HUGE cans of chickpeas.

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2011 3:55 AM

Hi guys from the band. Good to meet you here on the posting.

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2011 12:17 PM

titus andronicus are the spin doctors -- for hipsters

Posted by Anonymous | February 9, 2011 11:59 PM

TA is a poor man's beach fossils at this point. yawn

Posted by Anonymous | February 27, 2011 11:38 AM

this band is terrible. people who like them are stupid. it's that simple.

Posted by PhillipPortillo | January 8, 2013 11:30 AM