« Nico Muhly's 'Tell the Way' in review & pics (Brooklyn Youth Chorus, Sam Amidon, ACME, Bishi & Bryce Dessner included) | Doveman played another salon w/ Norah Jones, Glen Hansard & more (pics), announced guests for next time »
Arcade Fire Grammy Awards ad
At least one member of Arcade Fire is ready to start winning at this year's Grammys.today in NYC
"I checked with the London bookies online and we've got 9-2 odds, which is not bad," proclaims 28-year-old multi-instrumentalist Will Butler. "Right when we were nominated, we were 11-1. I wish I'd put my money down then."
He's probably not the only one.
It seems a fairly safe bet that the Montreal indie-rock septet will finally take home some hardware this year. Thanks to their acclaimed third album The Suburbs, they're getting more Grammy love than ever before.
The Suburbs is nominated for album of the year against Eminem's Recovery, Lady Antebellum's Need You Now, Lady Gaga's Fame Monster and Katy Perry's Teenage Dream.
It's also up for alternative album alongside Band of Horses' Infinite Arms, The Black Keys' Brothers, Broken Bells' self-titled disc and Vampire Weekend's Contra.
Finally, their song Ready to Start is vying for best rock performance by a duo or group, taking on Jeff Beck and Joss Stone's I Put a Spell on You, The Black Keys' Tighten Up, Kings of Leon's Radioactive and Muse's Resistance.
If they win, it will be their first trip to the Grammy podium. (They already have a pair of Junos, and are up for five more at this year's festivities.) [Toronto Sun]
* Emily Wells @ Ace Hotel
* Pat Benatar @ Wellmont Theater
* burlesque @ Le Poisson Rouge
* Curious Burlesque @ Pianos
* ASSSSCAT 3000 @ UCB
* Hye-Jin Kim @ Barbes
* Justin Bond @ Joe's Pub
* Bit Tuner, FA @ Zebulon
* Bear Hands @ In Vino Winebar
* Lizz Wright @ Highline Ballroom
* Natalie Joy Johnson @ Joe's Pub
* Hannibal Burress @ The Knitting Factory
* Todd Barry, Eugene Mirman, more @ Union Hall @ Union Hall
* Wild Nothing, Abe Vigoda, MINKS @ Bowery Ballroom
* Frances-Marie Uitti, Lisa Bielawa @ Le Poisson Rouge
* Carnal, Divine Infamy, Hypoxia, Death Sick @ Bowery Electric
* Stephane Wrembel Presents The Django Experiment @ Barbes
* Rosiere, A Man A Wave, Paint The Target, To End With Silence @ Party Xpo
* The Library Is On Fire, The Party of Helicopters, Call of the Wild, Tournament @ Death By Audio
* Little Wolf, The Senors of Marseille, Gypsy George and the Open Road Love Affair, Gold Streets @ Glasslands
Tonight is the Grammys. This is who is performing:
Avett Brothers, Dr. Dre., Bob Dylan, Adam Levine, and Mumford & Sons, Arcade Fire, Eminem, Lady Antebellum, Lady Gaga, Miranda Lambert, Muse, Katy Perry, and Barbra Streisand; Yolanda Adams, Christina Aguilera, Jennifer Hudson, Martina McBride and current nominee Florence Welch in a special Aretha Franklin segment; nominees Justin Bieber and Usher, with Jaden Smith; nominees B.o.B, Bruno Mars, and Janelle Monáe; nominees Drake and Rihanna; nominee Cee Lo Green, with Gwyneth Paltrow and the Jim Henson Company Puppets; Mick Jagger with Raphael Saadiq; and Esperanza Spalding performing with members of the GRAMMY Jazz Ensembles and GRAMMY Camp.Bob Dylan is performing with Mumford & Sons and Avett Brothers.
Wild Nothing and Abe Vigoda play their first of two NYC shows together tonight.