Posted in hiphop | music | tour dates on February 16, 2011

Zion I & Grouch

West Coast hip-hop crew Zion I & The Grouch have teamed up again to follow up 2006's Heroes in the City of Dope with the new LP Heroes in the Healing of the Nation. The new effort features guest shouts from Freeway, Fashawn, Casual, Mystic, Eligh, and many others, and will arrive a few days into their US tour which kicks off, after some SXSW shows, on 3/19 in San Francisco. The tour, with special guests The Shotgun Wedding Quintet, includes a stop in Brooklyn at Knitting Factory on April 22nd with One Be Lo. Tickets are on sale.

All tour dates, a stream of a couple new tracks, and some videos below...

Zion I & The Grouch Presents: Heroes In The Healing Of The Nation

Zion I & The Grouch - One

ZION I & THE GROUCH - 2011 TOUR DATES
3/16/11 Austin, TX @ Mohawk (SXSW)
3/18/11 Austin, TX @ Beauty Bar (SXSW)
3/19/11 San Francisco, CA @ The Fillmore * % #
4/25/11 Tempe, AZ @ The Club House #
4/26/11 Los Angeles, CA @ El Rey Theatre #
4/28/11 San Luis Obispo, CA @ SLO Brewing Co. #
4/29/11 Santa Clara, CA @ The Avalon #
* w/ Blu
% w/ The Jacka
# w/ The Shotgun Wedding Quintet (Jazz Mafia)

it was better when oscar was in the band.

Posted by Anonymous | February 16, 2011 11:11 PM

Slimy on the ones 'n twos, don't forget.

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2011 12:16 AM

Totally off topic but the last time I saw the Zion I & The Grouch , there was this amazingly annoying couple who were not only talking during the whole show but were talking about TMI info. The guy kept asking her "Do you like my seven and a half inches? Do you like my seven and a half inches? Is it the biggest you've ever had?" Yeah bro you're cool

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2011 12:46 AM

I was the girl in that couple and I totally remember getting fucked real good that night...sorry for talking too loud during the show.

I also remember you from that show....my boyfriend and I laughed all the way home. You seemed like such a pathetic pussy of a boy with tiny balls ans a baby dick...which could only satisfy the last person who saw it...your mother when she said it was 'cute'.

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2011 6:28 AM

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2011 6:28 AM

I wrote that meme and the funny thing is that I never wrote it with the intent to make it sound like 7.5" was very big but it appears other people's perspectives suggest otherwise.

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2011 8:15 AM

i'm dissapointed. NO LAS VEGAS?

Posted by Jay | March 17, 2011 12:55 PM