Posted in metal | music | tour dates on March 12, 2011

by BBG

flyer

We've now officially announced our Wednesday day party lineup which is also the first of of FOUR heavy BV-BBG events happening in Austin from March 16-19.

At that Emo's show on Wednesday, 3/16, Kylesa will headline their only daytime (read: FREE) appearance, alongside BV show veterans/hardcore miscreants Trash Talk, gothic swampland bluesman Dax Riggs, the must-see live juggernaut/BV faves KEN Mode, chaotic hardcore from Italy's The Secret, introspective black-metallers Deafheaven, and one of my favorite locals, the doom bolldozer known as The Roller.

On Thursday you'll find me at the same times on the same stage at the same club (Emo's) where YOB headline the BV/1000Knives stage at Full Metal Texas.

On Friday and Saturday the daytime action moves to Lovejoys. More details on those two shows HERE and HERE. Full lineup for all four days on the flyer above. All four individual flyers below. See you in Austin!

(oh, and if you can't make it, there's plenty still going on in NYC too!)

WEDNESDAY
flyer

THURSDAY
flyer

FRIDAY
flyer

SATURDAY
flyer

Tags: SXSW

best showcases ever. especially profound lore.

Posted by not_working | March 12, 2011 5:56 PM

meh tal

Posted by Anonymous | March 12, 2011 6:55 PM

BV-BBG looks fucking amazing.
See you there!

Posted by Anonymous | March 12, 2011 8:44 PM

BV, BBG, Lovejoy's, Emo's,
Profound Lore and 1000 Knives.
WELL DONE

Posted by TXn | March 12, 2011 10:53 PM

sorry to say - just giving an opinion - i really wish metal wasn't covered on BV. have to believe it's a completely separate audience than most of the indie/indie-pop that gets written about here. and maybe that's the goal? are there metal blogs that cover indie? i;m guessing not.

Posted by Anonymous | March 12, 2011 10:58 PM

whoa thems some good shows!

Posted by Anonymous | March 12, 2011 11:25 PM

agreed with 10:58.

Nothing against metal at all but I've always wondered about its odd association with this blog.

Posted by Anonymous | March 12, 2011 11:49 PM

I'm not a big fan of metal, but it would be pretty silly of a blog such as BV to dismiss a wide audience of underground music. If BBG didn't already cover hip hop as well, it wouldn't surprise me if someone started covering that full time for BV

In short: try not having such a narrow mind.

Posted by Anonymous | March 13, 2011 12:03 AM

12:03 is right, but if you don't dig metal... read This Week in Indie.

Posted by Anonymous | March 13, 2011 1:46 AM

Lovejoy's rules

Mainly cause they brew their own, but this will be a great bar to have these bands

Posted by Anonymous | March 13, 2011 1:47 AM

@11:49 - The "odd" association is the fact that BBG runs a tight ship and has his shit together more than most metal sites. If he produced spotty coverage I don't think this site would be as prevalant in posting metal news.

Posted by JT | March 13, 2011 4:39 AM

No one is saying BBG doesn't know his stuff or run a tight ship. If BV is an 'all things underground' blog, fantastic. It speaks to several different audiences, check. My personal preference is an indie rock focused blog and lord knows there's a fuckload of those. But by saying "read 'This Week In Indie'", then I'd be ignoring the great majority of BV's posts. My mind's opened, 12:03a, and metal's not my thing (nor is most hip-hop and alt-country). The growing prominence of metal-related posts simply makes me visit BV less.

Different strokes. 's all good.

Posted by Anonymous | March 13, 2011 11:12 AM

can BBG stop linking to bands myspace pages? they're black holes for finding out any information on a band

Posted by Anonymous | March 13, 2011 1:02 PM

^ Yes. Yes I can. Sorry about that... I will change that going forward unless, of course myspace is the band's preferred medium

And thanks to all who support the site and read BV, regardless of whether you come to it for Deathspell Omega or Sleigh Bells. It is appreciated either way.

Posted by BBG | March 13, 2011 2:02 PM

I only come to BV for BBG posts.

Posted by Anonymous | March 13, 2011 4:16 PM

Where is The Body playing on the 15th and 16th? At A Loss has the dates posted but I can't find info on either show.

Posted by Anonymous | March 13, 2011 4:22 PM

Dear 10:58, BBG is being gracious. I don't need to. Fuck off. Stop reading. What is your wish - BBG goes away?

Posted by Anonymous | March 13, 2011 7:50 PM

I hate white people

Posted by Anonymous | March 13, 2011 7:55 PM

Dear 7:50p, there was a time when BV didn't cover metal. It's prominence on the blog seems to be increasing. As a result, I read BV less. If you own a restaurant and change the menu, you might bring in more customers and you might turn off existing, satisfied customers. I'm sure neither BV or BBG would want me to stop reading but the menu seems to be changing. They know the traffic. If it's a win w/ more metal coverage, it's a win period. If they see a deterioration of traffic, maybe the contents will be reviewed.

Learn something from BBG's graciousness.

Posted by Anonymous | March 13, 2011 9:51 PM

1. sausage fest party of only guys (or at least 80% guys), where there is a substantial abundance of weiner.
Benji told everyone he was a pimp and was bringing 50 hot bitches from Arizona State to his house Saturday night. But when we got there it was just a bunch of dudes watching "The Matrix". We blew that bitch right away and never went back to that wanksta's crib.
by Nick D Mar 19, 2003 share this
2. Sausage Fest When the number of males in an environment overwhelmingly exceeds the amount of females present.
This party is a total sausage fest! Let's call Sarah and have her bring some of her girlfriends over.
by World Renouned Dr. Anthony Brand Apr 2, 2003 share this
3. sausage fest gathering that is made up of an unusually large percentage of guys.

see also penis party, sausage festival, sausage party, fraternity
We ditched Sweenys cause it was a Sausage Fest inside.

Posted by Anonymous | March 13, 2011 9:51 PM

Sick Shows. Ridiculous comments about BV metal. Fred, killing it nonstop.

Posted by Charlie | March 13, 2011 11:10 PM

All of you idiots bitching about metal here just cost me 4 extra pages when I printed this. I'm going, you're not. Suck it.

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2011 9:44 AM

HAILZ BROOKLYNVEGAN!!!

Posted by Carm | March 14, 2011 11:08 AM

10:58/9:51 -
It's the 7:50 guy again. You're wrong. Listen - if you want to write to BV about its changing scope, you can click the "contact" button. Instead you chose to post it in a thread that is likely being read only by those people interested in the thread. I've yet to read a story about Sleigh Bells. If I did, I wouldn't be the shithead saying "stop writing about Sleigh Bells."

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2011 11:45 AM

Nah, it's a helluva lot more fun to rag on metal here just to wind up douchebags like you.

Kudos on Lovejoy's tho. Top venue.

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2011 2:26 PM

you got me - I'll see you on the next Sleigh Bells post!

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2011 2:51 PM

Stay metal. \m/

Posted by Jeff | March 14, 2011 3:09 PM

Fred rules Brooklynvegan.com rules for covering underground metal better than anyone. Hipsters and indie rockers, go get hit by a car on Bedford Ave

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2011 11:34 PM

thanks great photos, awesome show!

Posted by rapidleech | April 19, 2011 6:32 PM

whoa thems some good shows!

Posted by Egypt News | April 21, 2011 3:44 PM

Nephroblastom

Posted by Nephroblastom | March 2, 2014 1:20 PM

Silly booking agent, you should have applied for this visas earlier.

Posted by Video more exciting places in the body of the woman YouTube | April 19, 2014 8:20 AM