Posted in music | tour dates on March 14, 2011

GodspeedGodspeed

Godspeed Week! Begins. The recently reunited Godspeed You! Black Emperor kick off a run of five NYC shows tonight (3/14). The first show is at Terminal 5 with opener Colin Stetson. The next two nights are at Brooklyn Masonic Temple followed by two nights at the Church of St. Paul the Apostle. Other openers include Eric Chenaux, Kurt Wagner, and Samara Lubelski. All five dates are sold out.

All dates, a couple of recent live videos, and Glennspeed You! Beck Emperor, below...

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - East Hastings -Live @ Troxy, London, 14-12-2010)

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - "Storm" @ Paris Grande Halle Villette 2011

Fri 04/22/11 Lee's Palace Toronto ON
Sat 04/23/11 Lee's Palace Toronto ON
Sun 04/24/11 Lee's Palace Toronto ON
Sun 04/24/11 Lee's Palace Toronto ON
* w/ Kurt Wagner
** w/ Eric Chenaux

Hey! This illustration was made by Annabel Wrigh... credit her!

Posted by Thompson Colour | March 14, 2011 11:00 AM

So many people are trying to unload their Terminal 5 tickets on Craigslist. I can't believe people are so stupid to buy T5 tickets. Fail.

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2011 11:00 AM

beyond stoked for philly show....this mark mcguire/emeralds and atp...year is looking nice

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2011 11:02 AM

There are 32 possible permutations of someone seeing the Godspeed shows this week.

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2011 11:08 AM

set times? how long are they gonna play tonight

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2011 11:09 AM

hahah it's almost as if Godspeed wanted to do little warm up show before "real" shows begin on Tuesday.

Bowery presents couldn't beat out Wordless!

Wordless > Bowery

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2011 11:10 AM

LA shows lasted for 2hrs 20 mins so expect something similar....

Posted by Tiki | March 14, 2011 11:11 AM

For anyone that has seen them before, they change up their set list right?

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2011 11:11 AM

"For anyone that has seen them before, they change up their set list right? "

No worries, you don't know anything about them so even if they played the same set 2 nights in a row....you'b prob be just as oblivious. Thanks for playing, try again. S-s-s-s-sippin' ons my D-D-D-D-D-DUNKACCINO!!!

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2011 11:16 AM

Chappelle is BAAAAA-AAAACK!!!

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2011 11:18 AM

You can check out recent set lists here

Very excited for tonight!

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2011 11:19 AM

11:16am = you're weird

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2011 11:27 AM

when are they going on tonight?

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2011 11:27 AM

8pm opener
9pm God

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2011 11:36 AM

8pm opener
9pm Godspeed
10pm God
11pm Jesus Christ & the Holy Ghosts
11pm Total Slacker

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2011 11:38 AM

Godspeed you black, meh, whatever...

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2011 11:46 AM

Thanks GYBE for making me some serious dough.

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2011 11:47 AM

Posted by simples | March 14, 2011 11:50 AM

Godspeed You! Chick Pea

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2011 11:51 AM

11:38 wins

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2011 11:52 AM

11:09: Call the Mercury Lounge venue around the late afternoon. They should have the set times around then.

My guess is Godspeed will come on tonight around 9-9:30.

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2011 11:56 AM

I've never known Masonic to have any issues with photography. You should be cool.

What they ABSOLUTELY DO have issues with is gaining entry to the building. Make sure you get there at least 30 minutes before the Godspeed set time, because it takes them FOREVER to squeeze everyone in through that one stupid door. Can't stress early arrival enough - my friend missed all the opening bands and part of Sleep waiting online at their reunion show last year.

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2011 12:09 PM

"Anyone know the camera policy at Brooklyn Masonic? Wanna shoot stills and vid with my dslr..."

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2011 12:12 PM

"Here's an idea....how about for once you actually just concentrate on the MUSIC!!! Trust me, you will get much more satisfaction from the sounds of GY!BE than anyone will get from your attempt at photography!"

AMEN. The concert is much better when not viewed from a viewfinder.

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2011 12:15 PM

My rod is exposed. Gonna have a meltdown!!

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2011 12:23 PM

KURT!

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2011 1:13 PM

When I saw Sleep at BMT, they checked a guy's bag and he had one of those big, expensive cameras and they told him he can't bring it in. I had a little point-and-shoot in my pocket, which they didn't pat down so I was fine

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2011 1:47 PM

Can they just fire their booking agent for forcing them to play Terminal 5?

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2011 1:47 PM

had my masonic ticket for like 6 months... it's all about to happen...

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2011 2:56 PM

"The band requests please no flash photography at any time during the performance."

I would bet anyone that many egotistical people will be using flash.

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2011 3:07 PM

We are looking forward to the Godspeed You! Black Emperor shows this week and happy you will be there.

The times are as follows:

Tuesday: Doors 7pm, Kurt Wagner 8pm, Godspeed You! Black Emperor 9:30pm
Wednesday: Doors 7pm, Eric Chenaux 8pm, Godspeed You! Black Emperor 9:30pm
Thursday: Doors 7pm, Kurt Wagner 8pm, Godspeed You! Black Emperor 9pm
Friday: Doors 7pm, Samara Lubelski 8pm, Godspeed You! Black Emperor 9pm

We urge you to arrive early. At the Temple there will be a quick bag and ID check and although we will ensure the lines move fast, we'd hate for you to be waiting in line once the music has commenced. The Church is an all-seated, general admission show.

Please note liquor and beer will be available at the Temple. You will be able to buy drink tickets near the back of the hall to be redeemed at one of the two bars. The Church shows are dry shows.

Thanks,
Ronen Givony, Wordless Music Series
Adam Shore, Blackened Music Series

Posted by Tiki | March 14, 2011 3:07 PM

AMEN. The concert is much better when not viewed from a viewfinder.

Hahaha, get over yourselves boys. I can enjoy the music just fine and also shoot a song or two that the very same herbs talking about "concentrating on the music" will be happy to watch the next day and post on their weak excuses for blogs. don't worry, people can enjoy the band and the music without worrying about looking like they're into the music enough for your tastes. same thing as whipping out your iphone to shoot 3 min. of shaky video, but it's okay because you're really not trying to hard. You're both right, it's definitely much gayer than telling someone how you think they should enjoy "YOUR" music.

Putzes.

Posted by simples | March 14, 2011 3:32 PM

Terminal 5 tickets back on sale

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2011 3:52 PM

@ 3:32.....WORST.RESPONSE.EVER!

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2011 4:08 PM

I think we're all failing to remember that SIMPLES HAS A DSLR. ALL HAIL SIMPLES. PLEASE LINK YOUR VIMEO PAGE.

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2011 5:03 PM

3:32.....WORST.RESPONSE.EVER!

Enjoys his iphone every second he gets being distracted continuously.

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2011 5:49 PM

Farging amazing show. All the T5 haters, you really missed it. Amazing.

Posted by Al Douche | March 15, 2011 12:35 AM

^^^^^AL Douche, that just made me laugh hysterically. I hope that was meant as a joke cause if you are serious, I would say you are a mental patient and an absolute fool.

Yeah, doofus, all the people who are seeing these shows at the much better sounding, smaller and more intimate Church as well as Masonic Temple are really jealous of those who went tonight.

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 1:31 AM

Simples and his incestuous cousin Al Douche have really lived up to their family name's reputation. Please stfu...

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 3:30 AM

I don't know how relevant this may be, but the other night I had a major dinner party at my house, and when I opened my cabinets I realized I hadji chickpeas in there! Well the hour was late and guests were due to arrive soon, so I reached into my wallet, whipped out a five dollar bill, and handed it to my cooking assistant ad said... "Rush to the local bodega, get me 3 cans... And Godspeed!"

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 5:34 AM

You guys are too funny. You're going to make quite a name for yourselves, when you get to Middle School. Watch out for those 8th graders though - wise ass talk like that will get y'all ass kicked right quick. Or, another way to say it .... Hey Asswipe Too Stupid For A Name - lick my grundel, m'kay?

Posted by Al Douche | March 15, 2011 7:17 AM

It takes a special kind of asshole to piss on someone's good time. Thanks @1:31 and @3:30 from all of us.

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 7:26 AM

How was the show last night? Let me guess, tons of assholes using a flash.

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 8:38 AM

Arguing like babies indeed.

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 10:19 AM

"Or, another way to say it .... Hey Asswipe Too Stupid For A Name - lick my grundel, m'kay?

Posted by Al Douche | March 15, 2011 7:17 AM"

Yeah cause Al Douche is such a witty and brilliant name. Actually it is a name fittingly dumb enough for a person who would go see this band at Terminal shitsound.

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 11:14 AM

shirts? doubtful.

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 11:26 AM

8:38: Not tons, but definitely enough to be obnoxious. Gotta love that respect to the band!

Posted by Anonymous | March 15, 2011 12:06 PM

As predicted the dumping of tickets on CL is great. Can't wait for Thurs and I am sure the show will be great, but man was all this hype worth it.

Posted by BLG | March 15, 2011 1:15 PM

Yeah, I remember when these tickets JUST went on sale back in September. It felt like these days were never gonna come. Now it has.

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2011 3:47 PM